Selling to mybullion.com.au

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by mmm....shiney!, Jan 5, 2024.

1. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

I've been doing some housekeeping and keep accidentally deleting some stuff.

Members selling high value goods who are struggling to find a buyer on this forum are recommended to go to mybullion.com.au to sell their goods. tell them you're from Silver Stackers.

There doesn't seem to be an issue with finding buyers for cheaper goods on this forum.

Real $ Return likes this.
  2. mmm....shiney!

Unlocked

mybullion.com.au likes this.
  3. Anniesilver

Anniesilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If it ok to comment
    As a private buyer it is great to be able to buy low premium bullion on silver stackers
    It almost the only place a private collector can buy at around spot
    It has been tuff of late to sell on ss
    I agreed it Great to have a bullion dealer to sell if you need cash quick
    Hope others think the same as this site has been good to me and i am sure others
    Kind regards

4. mybullion.com.au

mybullion.com.au Active Member

Hi all, and thank you mmm....shiny for pinning this thread.

If you’re having difficulty selling a coin or bar at Silver Stackers, please keep reading:

Who the hell is myBullion?
    Check out our ‘About’ page or read up on all the ‘Posts’ made here at Silver Stackers.

What are your buyback rates?
    'Here they are'. Make sure to read the entire page.

Those are pretty competitive, how do you do this?
    We reckon we’re getting the better deal when you sell to us. Those international coins or limited release bars you own are worth more than spot (in our opinion)

So how can I extract the true value of the bullion I own?
    The myBullion platform also offers 'Peer to Peer (P2P) sales'. On average, selling P2P results in higher sale prices. To be eligible to sell, you’ll need 'PRO status' which we offer 6 months free for new members.

Why would I even consider using myBullion over Silver Stackers or anywhere else for that matter?
    There are advantages and disadvantages to utilising any online platform, like eBay, fb marketplace, gumtree or even silver stackers. myBullion is attempting to take the best bits of all of these, minus the exorbitant fees one in particular charges, while doing more than the others to build trust.

What do you mean build trust?
    We believe robust bullion communities are built on trust. The platform goes way beyond just a feedback system to instill this. We offer members the option to have their 'account verified', 'display badges' and 'tags' relating to historical purchases and sales, and are ourselves an 'Australian registered business' that has to comply with 'AUSTRAC' regulations. In our opinion, this goes a long way to making John Doe, who simply wants buy a coin or sell a bar, more willing to do so on the myBullion platform.

The above Q&As are an accumulation of interactions I’ve had here or via the platform. Please feel free to ask any other questions below if you believe your Q may benefit the wider stacker community. If you have a Q regarding a personal sale, please send a PM or use the myBullion contact form.

Happy stacking all.

Nino

Lucy's Numis and Real $ Return like this.
  5. mybullion.com.au

It's been good to me personally too Anniesilver. myBullion is not trying to replace Silver Stackers, just providing another option to Aussie owners of physical precious metals. This praise extends to bricks and mortar bullion stores, of which we are lucky to have many here in Oz.

Lucy's Numis and ppier like this.
  6. mmm....shiney!

Thanks Nino, looking forward to both your website and Silver Stackers complementing each other in bringing value to all of us, whether we're buying or selling.

Also, for the benefit of all here I sold a 100 Corona to mybullion.com.au and the process was flawless and quick. I sent the coin via express post last Friday, it was received today (Wednesday), authenticated and funds were received into my bank account on the same day.

Edit to add: as sales and purchases are done through mybullion's own website, please do not leave any trading feedback on this forum should anyone buy or sell on that platform.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2024
    mybullion.com.au and SilverBags like this.
  7. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So on your site buyer and seller need to register in order to able to trade.You are a registered business and has to cpmly with austrac as you mentioned it above-would that mean you have to report or make "note" for every transaction over $5k?

Also I would not mine if your site would pick up as SS is on the verge on going out(anyone can see this) unless Ben decides to take action.We need something like SS back in the days.So many of us already steered away from ebay so lets see:)

8. mybullion.com.au

Great question, thanks dragafem.

As myBullion is enrolled with AUSTRAC, we have the following 'Ongoing reporting obligations'. Rather than tell you what thresholds apply, can I ask you please refer to the AUSTRAC website? Reason being is, I may state something here that becomes inaccurate/outdated later.

Regarding Silver Stackers, the myBullion platform does not incorporate a forum. I believe this itself is just one reason why it will always be a great place to keep coming back to.

Nino

9. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You can add a platform later:)

10. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

just personal experience, sold a couple of Ag KGs to mybullion a few months back…when spot was high, abit flaky @ 1st….cause of my ‘peanut-sized’ brain….after you get the hang of the platform, it is ok…just mind the payment lag, depending on auspost….and don’t send anything on FRI, postie slacks on day…

I’m not affiliated with mybullion in anyway…

11. mybullion.com.au

Cheers bubblebobble2. Making the platform as user friendly as possible is a constant work in progress.

12. mmm....shiney!

Was that a sale to mybullion.com.au or a sale to another member on the platform?

13. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

sale to mybullion.com.au

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  14. BelfastChild

BelfastChild Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Another acknowledgement of mybullion.com.au

I sold them a couple of Gold Coins and got over spot.

Posted express interstate on Monday and payment now in my account Wednesday morning.

Process was easy and an excellent additional option to consider when trading.

15. mybullion.com.au

Update - myBullion is now on facebook. Please consider following to be notified when new content is posted.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  16. Teal Deer

Teal Deer Member

Hello,

I have a Doctor Who 1oz Gold Coin I'm trying to sell. It ranges from $12-20k on eBay and it's not listed much of anywhere else because the mintage was only 200. Would mybullion be an ideal place to sell it?

dollars and mmm....shiney! like this.
  17. mmm....shiney!

18. dollars

dollars Active Member Silver Stacker

First I heard of this coin? Another EBay listing mentioned 250 minted. If it were mine I would be carefully watching ebay listing, past and present, to try to determine if they are really selling anywhere near this . If they are selling why not give EBay a go? Not sure what the listing fee’s would be. Not sure how you would go on Silverstackers spot plus 1000% negotiable!!!

Lucy's Numis likes this.
  19. Teal Deer

Teal Deer Member

Sorry you are right, it's 250.

I've been tracking them for a long time and have seen them "sold" for those amounts, but it's hard to verify if sales have actually gone through. I'm not selling it on eBay as the value is too high to risk getting a chargeback scam or some such.

This is the cheapest example on eBay: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/196166053204?hash=item2dac686d54:g:SVQAAOSwXxJgfgnr&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAA4GI0WHaTGuZVWKIPFsdk3x7GJaWwu8V6/nbZ+IdQhpxS57HD9z/dLdq40t98XfeXT70xfrPKDAQoW4UocPPUno2BvOTtpxcJVw1fYvDLbmzrnZNAUoTeK5UEyiCchA4S+c5VV04J2FTbe/jSjR6vIuMwlOs5bPhIPL3sLy+ixIyweQzkZFZ9IDhAS7An+qBptUylgHh5EySUQHpk8ADE8x5L2xnTw/QM2QmXMPfGhhLMcm6xSwU8H4VJf2VqMHaUweyC3VneG/ZZ9kLyKM1PyLf9X02dycT1xIsMRK14ooeQ|tkp:Bk9SR8aHyo-rYw

dollars and mybullion.com.au like this.
  20. mybullion.com.au

Hi Teal, sounds like you have a numismatic on your hands. Nice. These are primarily valued for their rarity and beauty, with the actual metal content forming a base price, then commanding a significant premium on top. I reckon you know this ;)

In terms of the ideal location to sell, each platform has its advantages and disadvantages. What myBullion does is provide sellers a dedicated listing page, automatic prices updates, image enhancements, and more.......

Here's what you might want to try:

7 Day Listing
    Rare Item Auction

In either case there are no fees. You would need a myBullion PRO account, which new members get 6 months for $0. Its $50 per 6 months after that.

Nino

dollars, BelfastChild and Teal Deer like this.