Availability of 10oz silver bars - Perth Mint

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Silverperch, May 11, 2011.

1. Silverperch

Silverperch New Member

Tried getting some 10oz silver bars from Perth Mint the other day but was told they were out of stock and not expected for another 3 months. WTF ? This was over-the-counter though, but still if lead time is 3 months I would imagine that applies to both OTC and online sales. Same for 20oz bars. It was only 3 weeks ago I could walk in and out with half a dozen no probs.

2. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Do a search ,this has been covered 3/4 times already
    New machines going in ,so only producing coins for now

3. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

Interestingly I went to the PM website this morning and saw that 10oz bars arn't even in the drop down list anymore!

4. Smoothcriminal

Smoothcriminal New Member Silver Stacker

Sick of complaints and online threads about it I guess :D

5. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

<sarcasm>

OMG this is an OBVIOUS case of MARKET MANIPULATION.

It is clear to anyone who is [del]crazy[/del] capable of seeing more than meets the eye that the Perth Mint is an evil evil entity which is witholding it's silver!

There cannot be any other logical explanation as to why they aren't selling anymore, they're all lies! LIES I TELL YOU!

This is a coordinated effort by COMEX and the Perth Mint to manipulate our silver supply and prices!

This all aligns properly with what the Mayans knew all along, the year 2012 will be when QE3 is introduced also known as "The end of the world" as we know it!

This is all one big conspiracy and only you can save the day! BUY MORE SILVER NOW!

/tinfoil hat on

</sarcasm>

6. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be so bad if they were making the 10oz coins so you could get a little more bang for your buck. Don't really want a kilo coin myself.

7. silversardine

silversardine Member

If you ring the mint and ask for the shop ie: jewellery counter or the in store bullion sales counter you can order 10 ounce bars and lock in the price. When you phone make sure you clarify that it is the area where you normally line up for bullion sales, not the online sales number. Delivery should be in a month or so and you can pick up or have posted I think.

8. Stedlar

Stedlar Active Member

Wow, I did not realise the Perth Mint was in on it.

This is bigger than I thought.

9. Silvester

Silvester Member

No need for such sarcasm, we all know the real reason:

The Chinese government were so upset that Ben Bernanke had killed Osama Bin Laden, that they had the COMEX manipulate the price of silver down to the point where the Perth Mint thought it was completely worthless, and threw all their silver bars into the dumpster out the back. Blythe Masters was quick off the mark and scooped up most of them, but if you're VERY quick you can still grab some.

My flight to Perth is already booked. ;)

10. silversardine

silversardine Member

Sorry, forgot to add you'll need a fax or email address to receive paperwork to sign and send back. Pay by bank transfer if over $1000 eftpos.

11. Silverperch

Silverperch New Member

My bad, just got email saying the following:

EXPANDING SILVER BAR MANUFACTURING CAPACITY
    The Perth Mint Refinery is reorganising and expanding its small silver bar manufacturing plant. Work is progressing on schedule and we expect the new facility to come online during July.

Unfortunately, the switch-over means there will be a temporary reduction in our silver bar manufacturing capacity. As a result, it is likely there will be periodic stock-outs on www.perthmintbullion.com and in The Perth Mint Shop.

Restricted silver bar production in the next few months relates exclusively to the installation of new plant. Despite some comments, there is no shortage of silver affecting The Perth Mint.

By July we will have effectively doubled our manufacturing capacity, ensuring that we are able to meet the tremendous interest in our 10oz, 20oz, 1kg and 100oz cast silver bars.

12. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Don't forget that the refinery operations were only fully acquired by the mint last year - before that AGR ran the refinery. There's probably still some assimilation issues being resolved.

13. hyperinflation

hyperinflation New Member Silver Stacker

cant buy 1kg coins at the moment either: "No stock is currently available for: 2011 Australian Koala 1kg Silver Bullion Coin"

14. Guest

Guest Guest

.On the quiet..I have heard that the Perth Mint was acquired in a cash deal by the RothchildsThis was so they could directly manipulate the silver market in the Southern hemisphere..There is no new refinery or expansion of a refinery..again on the quieti have it on good authority that they have acquired The Vaticans original Leonardo Davinchi lead to gold and silver conversion machine!!and they intend to flood the market with PM's to reinstate the integrity of the failing Fiat system.Sssshhhhhhh..
    This is confidential..

Agent Redrubble Out

15. HeavyMetal

HeavyMetal New Member

You need to regularly check the PM website.

I bought some 10oz silver bars at 5.10 AEST today, after getting the "no availability" message on the 20 oz, 1kg & 100oz bars.

My order was accepted, but I have just checked the website and they are temporarily unavailable again (with limited stocks available in May and June).

The Perth Mint won't take backorders, so you just have to try your luck.

16. Captain Kookaburra

Captain Kookaburra Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Maybe they are customer buy backs?

17. 6adam7

6adam7 Member

gee's ..I went in on the 6th of this month and paid for some, was told three weeks, but got a call on Tuesday 10th to come pick it up...

18. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

lol

19. HeavyMetal

HeavyMetal New Member

I don't know what the source is. I was just lucky with my timing.

They say to register for email product advices, but that is only new product releases, not limited releases of bullion bars.

I must have checked the website 50 times before I could get an order accepted.

There is no system or pattern. They don't release bars on amy particular day or at any particular time. It is just random.