2020 Collapse

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TreasureHunter, Dec 8, 2019.

1. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I havent noticed any changes around where i live when im down in town. Life seems the same as always so probably just not hitting people hard yet.

Who knows what goes on or is said behind closed doors though. Lots of credit out there still.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
    Real $ likes this.
  2. DJE

DJE Active Member

It's absolutely crazy what we are experiencing, very few are connecting the dots, even when it's laid out on front of them.

People brush the term brain washed off, but it is real and it has hit hard.

It hasn't helped that many took a DNA altering gene therapy trial drug thats proven to impact some on many different levels, from physically to neurologically.
    I am witnessing this first hand with work colleagues, family, friends etc etc.

What gets me, is everything that is playing out now and in the past, was all known to these so called "conspiracy theorists' who warned of it all, yet, society still fails to have the capability to critically think for themselves, they are incapable to stop and think, you know what? Those crazy tin foil hat wearing sovereign citizens ‍♂️ were actually correct on so many levels.

They just continue to absorb the lies fed to them by corrupt governments and paid media, it's disgusting and frustrating to witness.

Its funny how now so called “scientists” are coming out and saying we were wrong, and somehow the conspiracy theorists knew all along.
    That in itself should make people ask the question.. where are they getting their information from? And why didn’t I know?

Anyway back on subject :)

Real $ likes this.
  3. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I’m still snorting silver!

ParanoidAndroid and Real $ like this.
  4. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

So what's playing out then? I'm just seeing the end of a business cycle and not much more.

5. DJE

DJE Active Member

End of a business cycle?
    So the fact it all coincides with Convid, food shortages, energy hikes, deliberate inflation, the so called war on one of the most corrupt countries on earth has nothing to do with it?
    What about the WEF and WHO agendas which we are all informed about?
    Nope just a cycle, the charts say so.

let’s hope you are correct, I have my doubts.

Curious, are you even aware of what the WHO is planning right now and what Albo is planning to sign up to?
    Understand if you don’t, because channel 9, 7 and ABC fail to report on it unfortunately.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  6. DJE

DJE Active Member

Can I ask, after analysing the charts and numbers, when did you realise this “business cycle” was or is going to occur?

7. mmm....shiney!

So the "dots" I connect seem to help me arrive at a different conclusion to you.

Correct.

WEF is just a think tank like any other think tank trying to influence government policy. I've looked at a few of their policies and I don't take any great exception to them. I don't follow the WHO probably because I don't think the UN has much to do with global financial issues which is my area of interest.

It's more a theory of expansions and recessions than just charts, but the charts are useful.

No. I don't watch any news on TV nor read much of it , mostly I watch sport, movies etc and what the WHO is up to is not an area of interest to me any more than what the IMF or UNESCO is up to.

8. mmm....shiney!

It's ongoing.

9. DJE

DJE Active Member

10. DJE

DJE Active Member

11. mmm....shiney!

Jesus mate, take a chill pill.

You don't know anything about me and have arrived at a conclusion based on a few posts on a forum you've been a member of for 5 minutes.

See ya then.

DJE likes this.
  12. DJE

DJE Active Member

Well you’ve revealed all now, if it doesn’t involve money or your personal wealth or anything financial you don’t give a shit?
    You are a classic example of what’s wrong with society today, and why we are in this position.
    You should give a shit, especially if you have kids.
    Unbelievable.. and I’m done with you, I’m off to hit my head against a brick wall.

BTW, I knew this “business cycle” was going to play out in 2020 and I don’t follow charts, crazy huh.

13. DJE

DJE Active Member

I
    I apologise if I offended you..
    It’s my downfall, apparently I’m more passionate about the future of this country and our way of life as we know it, over my personal financial gain.

Take care.

14. mmm....shiney!

I'm a bit reticent to go down this rabbit hole in case it stirs up the hornets that tend to buzz around here, but as a student of Austrian economics one of the most enlightening moments for me in the past decade has been an understanding of the concept of value as proposed by the likes of Menger et al and expanded on by the great minds that followed.

It's a concept that I reckon is absent (or at least not emphasised enough) from much of the debate amongst sound-money advocates, conservatives and other critics of centralisation (as much as it's absent from the other half of the political divide as well). But it really is critical to understanding the human condition and the varying means by which individuals go about satisfying their needs and wants in all facets of life.

Most of us know that Menger proposed that value is entirely subjective. He argued that value is not inherent in any object or goods, nor the property of those goods. It is merely assigned by the individual based upon our own perceptions of how we best achieve satisfaction. I believe that not only does this subjective nature of value apply to the economic sphere but also the moral (negative rights aside), social and political arenas.

So back to your "our way of life as we know it", to cut to the chase what you value as "your way of life" may very well be entirely different from what I value as "my way of life". Unlikely, but there's certainly going to be differences on the fringe and most arguments around values operate on the fringe. I don't get upset any more because politics is a system where we argue about values and values are entirely subjective. Menger is my chill-pill. I may get disappointed but I leave the hand-wringing and pearl-clutching to those that haven't worked out what he discovered in the mid to late 1800s.

15. florincollector54

florincollector54 Well-Known Member

As a proponent of the Austrian school wouldn't you accept the basic point about a coming crash. Hayek would argue that the massive stimulus measures and easy access to credit over the covid period would have led to malinvestment within the economy, and thus while delaying the end of the cycle "so to speak" during that period, only stacked the deck higher and increased the magnitude of the coming downturn.

16. Tactile

Tactile Active Member

Well it is a PM stacking forum...what were you expecting?

17. mmm....shiney!

Define "crash".

I'm not a 100% Austrian but I do get their business cycle theory. So I see a recession, I don't see a repeat of the Great Depression. Basically I see the pendulum swinging back eg the S+P back down to the low to mid 3000s. Is that a crash?

As far as an increased risk of the magnitude of a crash, I'm in the camp that believes the banking system is probably the most robust it's ever been so from that perspective that minimises the risk of the pendulum swinging too far in the other direction. I'm also in the camp that understands that the traditional drivers of growth ie increasing population, changing demographics in the workforce and technological advances are having less impact if not on the decline. And that leaves us relying on credit even more. And that aint very Austrian. :p

So as far as the Austrian School goes, we all may agree about the basics, but disagree on the detail. For example on the malinvestment front there is no planet in the modern universe where a private company would build and operate a "for profit" four-lane highway from Gympie to Cairns. That's where the State has to step in and invest in public infrastructure. How do we avoid malinvestment there when there is an obvious need currently going unfulfilled by private entrepreneurs? And trimming the "fat" ie tax breaks, subsidies etc is not going to convince a switched on business owner or CEO to fund a project that is going to be a black hole in their balance sheet going forward for decades. Yes it smells like Keynes but it's even beyond Keynesian from my understanding of his work. Maybe in the early 20thC in an environment of more limited money supply, a growing population and radical technological change the cons of government investment outweighed the pros I don't know, I wasn't there. And even Hayek argued for the introduction of a currency that could be inflated or deflated when required, albeit to protect purchasing power admittedly. And that didn't sit too well with other Austrians such as Rothbard.

18. JohnnyBravo300

19. JohnnyBravo300

The soft landing is here and turning dovish??!!

The markets must have liked what he said. I didnt watch it or listen but wanted to spread some fomo.

CPI coming down, Jerome in control all this time. Who would have guessed.

All aboard???

20. Michael Kay

Michael Kay Active Member

Please use the sharing tools found via the share button at the top or side of articles. Copying articles to share with others is a breach of FT.com T&Cs and Copyright Policy. Email [email protected]
    https://www.ft.com/content/d5204b8f-0aea-414b-999b-0984a8cb166e

"It is certainly understandable that financial market observers want the Fed to reverse course and write another put option. Much of the financial sector’s business has been built on generous and cheap money. However, the entire credibility of central banking is on the line and the Fed put should end.

No one wants a recession, but allowing inflation to reignite could damage the US economy for a decade or more and, in the current volatile political environment, could even destabilise the governments of the US and other nations."

But tomorrow it will be an "inflation's good" article. :p

The last sentence is something to think about, absolutely.

JohnnyBravo300 likes this.