2020 Collapse

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TreasureHunter, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Michael Kay

Michael Kay Active Member

That's concerning, especially since it is not even winter yet, it's still November.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  2. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

The guy saying that wasn't concerned (apart from the really at risk countries), he is of the opinion that the scaremongering has had a material impact on energy consumption (he is in The Netherlands), but his caveat was that a really bad week would test his hypothesis.

Maybe it's just the way I interpreted the online chat in the Youtube broadcast (there were other "real" people in my ear at the time) but I think they were more concerned with the impact of a recession rather than energy concerns.

I guess all we can take out of it with any degree of certainty is that a milder than normal winter won't prevent a recession, while a typical or even more severe winter will just make the recession bite harder. That's assuming of course we're heading for a recession which seems to be the likely scenario.

3. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Central European countries are most at risk. Indeed, Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, Croatia, the Czechs, Switzerland and a few others either have almost no (internal/own) gas reserves in the ground or have no infrastructure (pipes) connecting them to other sources, so they depend on the Russian gas pipelines.

Every country close to the North Sea (Germany, Poland, Norway, Sweden, the Neanderlands...) have access to gas from the sea. There's plenty of it and there is plenty of pipelines.

Today I read Hungary is buying gas from Oman (LNG, of course) and earlier they were talking about the construction of a pipeline connecting the country to Turkey and the Caspian region. This might take years to develop.
    The EU wants to sell the North Sea gas (this is why Germany, the NeanderDutch, Denmark etc.) at galactic prices to everyone. This could make the northern richer European countries even richer. Non-EU member Norway could become even richer by selling its gas to most of Europe, but there aren't enough pipelines.

Europe should have become independent from Russian gas years ago. Now they cut themselves off without any backup infrastructure.
    I think the Caspian and Mediterranean gas fields would be good options for Central Europe and the Balkans, Italy.

Luckily for Croatia, they have seaports and can import LNG. Yet, LNG comes in smaller quantities, costs more and only those near the post cities can benefit from "acceptably expensive" prices. Transporting LNG inland would have to be done via rail and that would make it too costly.

Italy imports mostly Russian gas (from what I've heard recently) and a bit from Algeria. Luckily Spain has stronger connections to Algeria.

The REALLY cold months in Europe usually come in January and can last all the way up to April. Wait and see what happens. A harsh winter could demolish half of Europe's economies, but would make the other half very prosperous (countries like Spain, Poland, Norway, the Dutchhollenders, Portugal, Romania, Denmark have almost no issues).

Some European countries are already running out of gas, I've heard.
    This winter will be very expensive and dangerous for Europe. Let's hope for warm weather. Hope that global warming comes sooner! :D

mmm....shiney! and sammysilver like this.
  4. TreasureHunter

Austrian government warns citizens to build up reserves for 1 week: food, water, candles, flashlights, batteries etc.
    It's official and now the "sheeple" can buy up things, which means prices will go up. But at least it reduces the madness of looting and riots amid crisis.

What the hell do they know? What is going on? Are they planning to slam us with blackouts?

Germany and a number of other countries have been "scaremongering" people (I didn't want to use the word "warn" again) for years.

France officially practices "blackout exercise":

What the hell do the know? France has some of the most powerful and some of the most modern nuke power plants. And, if that's not enough, ze French are restarting some of their older power plants... that's even more electricity.

So, what the hell is going on?

Western Europe is not buying electricity from outside. It is not necessary.

I don't think people are using more power than during the pandemic. I don't see what the hell increases electricity consumption?

Don't eat meat.
    Don't consume too much electricity.
    Don't open your eyes.
    Don't speak.
    Don't walk.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2022
    Real $ and DJE like this.
  5. mmm....shiney!

Newly approved price caps have the potential to create shortages should the price for gas rise.

6. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

A nice deep dose of pain will be good for Europe and they need it every so often. Dont feel bad for them, they bring it on themselves.
    Its just part of the cycle and every now and then the Euro men need to pull themselves up by their own vaginas.

ParanoidAndroid likes this.
  7. TreasureHunter

I feel sorry for the poor people and those who have nothing to do with the mess created by the EUrocratic politicians.
    The unelected elitist EUrocrats are undermining the EU from within, are they really mad?

8. JohnnyBravo300

Yes they are mad and its happening everywhere. Everyone will feel some level of pain but its necessary and much needed.

9. TreasureHunter

I don't agree it's necessary. Only for the stupid politicians and heartless elitists! :D They should try the Maduro-diet.

The new trend is medicine scarcity. And this is one I really can't comprehend: they don't need much gas, oil, nor grains to create them. I also doubt that people are buying more medicine then before.

Then what the heck is happening?

Real $ and JohnnyBravo300 like this.
  10. JohnnyBravo300

I mean its necessary in the way of bringing a revolution for the people. This usually doesnt end well for the pollies!

Its good for the bubbles to pop every so often as well. This is all a good thing overall.

11. TreasureHunter

It has gone mainstream. Now a large number of governments across Europe are explicitly asking citizens to prepare for a catastrophe and put away food for several days or weeks, to prepare for blackouts etc.

This has gone mainstream.

"The big reset": are they resetting the sun? :D :D :D

12. Davros10

Davros10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Not quite. Just preparing for the increasing influence of Nibiru.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/351696368562307?sorting_setting=RECENT_ACTIVITY

13. TreasureHunter

Meanwhile, media blows China has massive "franken-Rona" outbreak which could go global.

14. TreasureHunter

Macron wants a multi-teared EU - probably a solution for the current centralized and more rigid structure, but this would clutter the EU and create even more division, because it would mean double standards.

Still, the 6 original members of the EU would form a core which would be highly integrated.

The newer members (like the Central and Eastern European countries) would regard this as a form or hierarchy. Which exists currently as well. The original members are the former colonial powers, of course.
    Perhaps Macron's idea would further downgrade the newer members (CEE countries) and would ensure more power to France, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Italy and I think Luxemburg?

It would certainly empower the core (the already powerful states), but it's not good to create division and double standards. This already sounds like a road downwards for the EU. Controlled demolition?

Perhaps a utopia, but I think it's best for the entire EU to stick together and to include the Central and Eastern European countries who want to be part of the west (and need more protection from Turkey's and Russia's ambitions.

Macron's plan would probably leave Eastern Europe as a peripheral area, sort of a "colonial belt" and Eastern Europe would have little influence and would decay between the East's and the West's rivalries. Not sure... What do you think?

15. jultorsk

jultorsk Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

16. mmm....shiney!

^ what's that mean?

JohnnyBravo300 and DJE like this.
  17. DJE

DJE Active Member

I think it's the "shits about to get real chart" lol

18. mmm....shiney!

Again? :p

Real $ and JohnnyBravo300 like this.
  19. DJE

DJE Active Member

I
    I have no idea when it comes to technical analysis lol, I watch Gregory Mannarino on YT for real time updates on the U.S, and it ain't good, just a matter of time? Who knows.

20. hardyakkagold

hardyakkagold Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It Means You Are Going To Be Fucked Soon, If You're Dabbling In Cryptos Again Or Have Any Other Paper Or Digital Asset Positions.

JohnnyBravo300 likes this.