2020 Collapse

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TreasureHunter, Dec 8, 2019.

1. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Good! Because it's better than having a single superpower (or authority) dictating. And there is no such thing as a benevolent dictator or authority. Monopolies never seem to go well for those who have been monopolised.

2. lucky luke

Start collecting your own wee as well as food. Fertilizer! LOL

3. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Monkey business, just like your photo from your autobiography (or is that from your ID, Luke?) :D:D:D (no offence, dude)

Higher prices and scarcity regarding food, fuels, energy coming soon:

I think we will start feeling the much higher prices around this summer on pretty much everything.

STKR likes this.
  4. lucky luke

None taken. :) There's a big difference between a little friendly "ribbing" vs those who have some serious issues and some real dirt behind their vitriol. :) re: wee. Not a silly thing actually. Nitrogen rich. Used for centuries. And when mixed with ash and turned into a powder, it provides 2 of the 3 main ingredients in the magic NPK mix. Instead of flushing that rich source of fertiliser down the dunny, it easily be "put" into empty plastic milk cartons and every day or two placed in the garden or onto the mulch heap. Or so I am told. :)

heartastack likes this.
  5. Davros10

Davros10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Never drink yellow coke.

sammysilver and lucky luke like this.
  6. jultorsk

jultorsk Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...ars-a-reckoning-over-ties-to-russia-7lgms9vz8

[Merkel] now stands accused of leaving Ukraine, Europe and Germany itself at the mercy of the Kremlin through a series of grave miscalculations, from diplomatic indulgence towards Moscow and chronic underspending on the military to an energy strategy built on cheap Russian hydrocarbons.

“Mrs Chancellor,” as Mateusz Morawiecki, the Polish prime minister, said on Monday, “it was precisely Germany’s policies over the past ten, 15 years that meant Russia today has a strength founded on its monopoly over raw materials.”

--
    Today it is no longer possible to deny that Berlin blundered heedlessly into a giant geopolitical trap, with disastrous results. By Merkel’s final year in office Russia accounted for 55 per cent of Germany’s gas imports, meaning that any abrupt embargo could by the government’s calculations plunge the country into its deepest recession since the Second World War.

Self-criticism is now all the rage. “The way I clung to Nord Stream 2 was clearly a mistake,” Steinmeier, 66, told Der Tagesspiegel this week. “We clung on to bridges that Russia no longer believed in, despite warnings from our partners. My impression was that Vladimir Putin wouldn’t risk the complete economic, political and moral ruin of his country in his imperial madness. On that point I, like others, was wrong.”

Merkel has yet to issue any such mea culpa. There is no reason why she should be spared her share of the responsibility in this raging bonfire of German foreign, defence and energy policy. Yet the mistakes were not hers alone. If Germany is serious about learning lessons from 30 years of well-intentioned but ultimately failed Russia doctrines and applying them to the present – and especially to its future dealings with China - it needs to look beyond Merkel and into its own heart.

crewy likes this.
  7. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

George Friedman predicted the rise of Turkey, Poland and Japan more than 10 years ago. I was skeptical of Poland and Turkey, but now it's all clear. Japan will be the surprise to everyone. Everyone got fooled by Hello Kitty and Doraemon. The only power that can threaten American hegemony in the Pacific is Japan.

8. TreasureHunter

I don't know where this stupidity comes from - urine is not used for fertilizer, only crap.

9. sgbuyer

The Germans finally realise that this war is targeted at them. Fighting "Nazis" in Ukraine. But are there "Nazis" in Ukraine? :rolleyes: Of course, there are no "Nazis" in Ukraine because "Nazi" is just another word for Germans which is the real enemy. First take Ukraine, then conscript their military, take Poland and then destroy the real "Nazis". What a brilliant plan, even an idiot can see this and make it work. What can the Germans do? They got no army and American politicians have been bought.

America is now officially out of the game. All the propaganda that ZH is doing will go to waste because it is now a European war. :D

If I were Germany, I will approach Japan for a military alliance. You front the East, I front the West. Perfect. They were allies 80 years ago.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
  10. TreasureHunter

Every little chump will think (and will act like) they're a superpower. Countries are like people. The empty box makes the biggest noise.

Japan could be like France & UK combined AT LEAST. Population, economy-wise, but military they are behind (due to the WW II trauma).

Honestly, I'm a fan of peaceful neutral countries like Switzerland, so perhaps it would be wise for Japan to not start re-arming and becoming the Samurai again.

Poland is politically empowered by the USA, but economically it lags behind (considering its size), so I don't see Poland becoming anything near Turkey, for example. Turkey is massive from all points of view.
    Poland will be dwarfed by Germany, which has the big influence over Central Europe (V4 countries + Austria + Slovenia + Croatia).

Within Europe it is very difficult for any new power to come up, because traditionally almost every neighbor hates everyone.
    Poland is between many countries and the economic fluxes don't go through it. And they don't have the economic influence around them, so probably countries like Lithuania or the Czechs won't be happy about a growing Poland.

Nevertheless, even today, Poland is much more of a factor than Ukraine.

Traditionally, Poland was trampled-on from the West (Germany), East (Russia) and North (Sweden). But they are living very good prosperous times right now.

But Turkey, yes. They have a tremendous potential. Wider influence (Turkic countries, Balkans, powerful military, average economy, strong historical experience, interestingly challenging geographical position).

Italy and Spain are interesting. Powerful economies, but quiet powers. They've had their shiny days, amazing history and culture.

heartastack likes this.
  11. sgbuyer

Trauma? Japanese are inhuman. There's no trauma.

Look at this Japanese fellow, he could be a your colleague, friend, smiles a lot and is cute, but becomes a demon when he draws the sword. Look how he cuts through a BB shot at him.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
  12. TreasureHunter

That's an insult, calling an entire nation "inhuman".

Japan has quite a good reputation around the world and they have a very original ancient culture.

They were traumatized by the two atomic bombs and the US' ruthless INHUMAN bombardment of civilian-populated cities (for example, more people died in Tokyo than in Hiroshima, but no-one ever talks about it, everyone remembers the A-bombs only). At least Pearl Harbor was a military target.

The US committed massive genocide.

I have been to Japan and have had very good experiences with Japanese people, I have a very good opinion overall about them.

They are extremely shy and introverted, though and quite suspicious until they get to know you.

lucky luke likes this.
  13. TreasureHunter

Peru economic crisis, FOOD SHORTAGE, high food prices:

Massive anti-government protests, partly due to high prices and scarcity of flour (which is mostly imported from Ukraine and Russia):

Peruvian president imposes curfew following brutal protests against high fuel prices, high food prices, INFLATION:

Really ugly protests in central Lima:

Peru is just one of the latest bricks falling. I am curious how many more countries will be affected and where the domino fall leads.

lucky luke likes this.
  14. lucky luke

If you're serious, then you have no idea. Do some research and try it yourself.

Ag bullet and heartastack like this.
  15. lucky luke

You're racial stereotyping speaks volumes about yourself, and your potential attitudes against whole races of HUMANS. Thank you for your post. It will be considered as context to all your future posts.

heartastack likes this.
  16. jultorsk

Has been used and will be used again...

"The main organic component of urine is urea, a combination of ammonia and carbon dioxide, which is the byproduct of our bodies breaking down proteins into usable amino acids. Urea is very high in nitrogen, a key ingredient to healthy leafy growth in plants. In addition to being very nitrogen-rich, urine also contains dissolved phosphorus that’s immediately available to plants, making urine a quick-acting fertilizer."

lucky luke and heartastack like this.
  17. jultorsk

Maybe interesting as a possible indicator of how alliances could unfold, nations with total of 5.6 billion of population either voted against or abstained on expelling Russia from UNHRC. That's about 70% of the population on this planet.

FPwz9SGWUAYxgPt.jpeg

lucky luke likes this.
  18. TreasureHunter

That's literally insulting and degrading. "Stereotype" is a soft word.

lucky luke likes this.
  19. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I've done a few silent retreats in the hills but that's not my calling in life (however, a great fall-back for SHTF life. Eating lentil and porridge once a day and not moving for most of the rest is very energy efficient). Not sure about promoting the jab but certainly aiming towards it no longer being a topic I have to care about in my life. Shouldn't you be celebrating my freedom to do whatever the fk I like? I've quenched my thirst for dead babies and placentas for the time being.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
  20. TreasureHunter

"Do less, live longer" - was the slogan of an ad by RC Cola somewhere in the late 1990's (it used to run on MTV quite often)