2020 Collapse

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TreasureHunter, Dec 8, 2019.

1. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Let me guess: very few people of those countries actually want to travel to Russia. But I'm sure that far more Russians travel to the EU, USA etc. So, it hits them a lot harder.

Russia is looking at an agonizing isolation:
    - international travel becomes very limited: flights cut off, tourism ban...
    - international payment (VISA, Mastercard, Swift...) almost impossible even for ordinary people: perhaps they won't even be able to book flights online or to pay for hotels (unless they use some Chinese sites?)
    - major foreign companies have left Russia (McDonald's isn't healthy anyway and IKEA furniture looks terrible, but even clothing shops are closing and smartphone exports are also restricted...)

I'm not sure how convertible the rouble still is or whether Russians are able to use any for of credit/debit card abroad.

The political isolation is obvious, but the ordinary citizen will be heavily impacted, they will feel a bit like Cubans or Iranians.

2. jultorsk

jultorsk Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There are tens of thousands of western foreigners living in Russia; working there or who got married to a Russian, whatever. I'm talking about those people - should get out while still can.
    (Edward Snowden comes to mind as well. :oops:)

Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 6.34.10 am.png

Yet, 82% of Russians support Putin's policies.

Also:
    → 35 mln Russians don't have indoor toilets
    → 47 mln don't have hot water
    → 29 mln don’t have any running water inside their homes
    → 22 mln don't have central heating

https://windowoneurasia2.blogspot.com/2019/01/one-russian-in-four-lacks-indoor-toilet.html

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  3. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Here thats just known as living off grid and its the same at my house.
    Think how much they save on utilities!

jultorsk likes this.
  4. jultorsk

jultorsk Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:D

Fair point mate. The difference I suppose is you're doing it voluntarily whereas the Russkies don't have that luxury...

JohnnyBravo300 likes this.
  5. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yeah my cousin is there and not fleeing. He’s a diamond geologist probably pulling in $350k + p.a and married a Russian bird now have two kids. They think they’re safe, we’ll see..

6. JohnnyBravo300

Im sure the Russians feel warm inside just watching the west flailing like retards haha.

Putin is probably laughing his ass off as the world wonders what theyve done to themselves and Brandon has his ice cream.
    Europe had better start swapping those worthless dollars for rubles or all they are going to hear is "NEXT!".
    We are watching history right now and things are changing.

Just as ive said Putin has been preparing for this and hes showing how the rule works of "he who has the money makes the rules".

Now you need his money.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
    BillyB likes this.
  7. TreasureHunter

This is normal in Eastern Europe. Ukraine isn't doing better either, I think.
    In Romania, I heard more than half of the people don't have indoor toilets and many don't even have any sort of toilet. There is no sewage system in vast areas of the country.

There is no central heating in most countries in Eastern Europe, especially in rural areas. And Russia is huge, vast, so in rural areas and smaller towns there is no way for central heating to exist, since that would require a vast (expensive) infrastructure in less populated areas in the country.
    Take account of the fact that the rural population in Eastern Europe is much higher than in the US.

I wonder how India scores at these: running water, hot water (probably the don't even need to heat the water, the weather is hot), toilets of any kind (let alone toilets connected to a sewage system).

8. JohnnyBravo300

The average russian is probably much tougher than the average western beta males that dominate and run our societies. They live harder lives than we do in every way almost.
    This war might bring along some type of hardship for them but they stand behind Putin and they know hes not a weakling or busy licking the queens feet like the pedos of the west.

Weve seen the last 2 years women and children getting beat down in front of the world by governments, old women arrested, silent protests and all the rediculousness going on and they still have a boot on most of the necks today and barely a whimper.

You cant expect an effective or strong military to come from societies like this and explains why the wests forces are seen largely as a joke now.

Theres nothing the western cuck weakling leaders can do to stop putin and its not our fight anyway.
    What weve done so far has been a disaster and anything that will be done in the future will only make us all look even more weak pathetic and inept.
    It was a checkmate from day one.

Real $ and adze67 like this.
  9. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm not antivax, although I prefer a better vaccine than what's available on the market. But I'm against the mandatory boosters which I feel is clearly counterproductive for new variants, Omicron especially. I don't know if Australia is following us, but I've to say that our vaccine policy is not successful. I won't use the word fail though as even a failed vaccination campaign is better than no vaccine. Whether 3 doses is better than 2 or 1 dose is for future studies to determine. The low mortality is more attributable to mandatory masking, self social distancing (no contact, yes, some people will actually scream if one goes too near) and TCM remedies.

lucky luke likes this.
  10. sgbuyer

The rural areas in Eastern Europe is much more developed than India or even China. Some of the villages in very poor regions of China look like Afghanistan.

11. heartastack

Understood. I see the vaccines and getting the virus as inconveniences to my life but I’m not afraid and haven’t been afraid of either of them since the start. The restrictions obviously ruined my life for a number of years and I totally agree they have been over the top, debilitating and harmful. However, I don’t think this was anything but incompetence and poor leadership, and plenty of opportunism. I don’t for a second have enough confidence in humanity to believe that evil geniuses are running the show to the level of competence credited by many here. I empathise with the feable and fearful nature of the population and the desire to protect the healthcare system from a new disease. Could argue all day (and we have) about that and I don’t really care to anymore because it’s pretty clear where everyone stands at this point.

Interesting to note a lot of the mandates and restrictions are ending now by the day even for the unvaccinated so I don’t know what people are saying about the long-term enslavement by our governments when they seem pretty keen to relax now.

12. sgbuyer

Unfortunately, not for us. Restrictions are lifted only for people that took the booster. As for the restrictions, different people cope with it differently. For more than 2 years, I've not travelled a distance of more than 30km from where I live. A lot foreigners probably can't take it, but I'm used to running in circles, going through the same neighborhood day in day out. :D

13. TreasureHunter

Nevertheless they are stronger than we are, they always had harder lives. They were always "in the gutter". For them it's normal, just like wrestling crocodiles for Steve Irwin. And the west thinks they will cripple them. No, I don't think that will happen.

The west a misandric female-oriented society. Much of the German military is made up of women, many of the decision makers in NATO countries' militaries are women and the males are rather weaklings.
    The west has technological and quantitative advantage, but the Ruskies are like professional wrestlers, while the west looks like a degenerate de-masculinized parade (to make it sound more politically-correct).

What is very bad about this is that now China, Iran and others will see that the west is weak. Just look at the leaders: Biden, Kamala, Boris, Macron... the rest don't even count. These are NOT POLITICIANS.
    Kennedy would be, Helmut Kohl would be, regardless of sympathy, at least they were real politicians. Kissinger is still alive and looks EXACTLY like he did 70 years ago (what a dinosaur), but he is too old and not active.

The point I'm making is not about sympathy or political orientation, just that these character-less people don't even qualify to be real politicians.

Hopefully things will turn better soon. Or, the "Golden Horde" will east Europe alive: what if Erdogan-Putin-Xi and a bunch of leaders from the "' '-istans" and Iran team up for more "special operations".

The EU's rainbow-sanctions and mouth-fart speeches are totally useless: just like when skunks piss at trains, which are about to run them over.

What is disgusting is that the EU is demolishing its members (let's not forget that the UK has left, even though it's a great power...), instead of taking care of unity.
    The EU is its own enemy.

14. sgbuyer

Chinese village in sichuan province. The food blogger is very popular so this is not a political video. Sichuan province is also fairly developed, and lower middle income province.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  15. Michael Kay

Michael Kay Active Member

Talk of Beta cucks hahaha

This fascination/admiration of Putin is very Zero Hedge. The guy is vertically challenged, and that lower lip and weak chin are pretty cuck to me. But hey! Stalin was pock-marked, short and had webbed toes.

"He who has the money makes the rules" - just take a look at Russian economy and the state of its military!

And SG is right. Even though China is apparently doing so well, half the population exist on less than 2 USD a day. The poverty is on another level to Eastern Europe. Both Russia and China recruit lackeys to spin progaganda on Facebook, Instagram and Youtube.

This guy used to live in China and did motorcycle vlogs. The camera doesn't lie, and it was made before the real estate bubble pop.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
    precious roar and heartastack like this.
  16. heartastack

Whilst I agree the pussification of the west is a big part of our demise from what I'm hearing the Russian people are standing in front of Putin with cheeks spread wide and he's going in dry.
    No free access to information on the internet, all blocked without risky VPN. People disappearing for calling the situation a war instead of the official spin as 'special operation to denazify Ukraine'. All money being siphoned to the top echelons whilst the country continues starve and drink itself to death. There is an element of hard times making strong men, but there is also a tipping point where hardship equals disease, squalor and malnutrition.

precious roar and jultorsk like this.
  17. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:cool:

18. heartastack

Family in Russia and one of my best mates Russian. Happy for you to believe that I'm only friends with Western propagandists but I'll add my intel to the pool of info to be ignored

adze67 and lucky luke like this.
  19. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Family in the USA and ..... :) My opinion is just my opinion. It doesn't make me any wiser than the next guy on issues with the USA. Just provides me with a personal perspective that allows me to continue justifying (fooling?) myself. :) We all do it. As an aside, I like a lot of what you observe is happening. That doesn't mean I am 100% in camp "heartastack" though. Please keep throwing your thoughts into the mix. The puzzle becomes clearer when everyone adds their respective pieces.

adze67 and heartastack like this.
  20. sgbuyer

I was fooled initially, thought he believed in his religion. If you're fooled it's ok, but if you are still fooled even now, you may have dementia and need to eat more brain food. :D

There are good people in China, but China has too many people and too little farm land. The real population might be 1500 million people with a farm land output less than 2 times of Ukraine which has a 40 million population. One can travel from Guangzhou to Beijing, almost across the entire China and it's filled with small farms and hardly any forest. Even the hills and mountains are farmed. Every bit of land is used up. And much of the land is half barren due to bad river water and factory waste. To boost output from subfertile land, they use all sorts of hormones and chemicals. :eek:

Because of the huge population, it's super competitive, especially in the first tier cities, so it's a dog eat dog shit world. None of the PRC I know talk of returning to China, and nowadays they don't even talk about China. Mind you, they still have parents and family there. The few times we spoke about China, it's about the "Wuhan pneumonia" and lockdowns. Unlike in the West, yes, they say Wuhan. Wuhan isn't a four-letter unspeakable word to the Chinese. ;)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022