Bullionmark outage?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by bsides, May 6, 2011.

1. Precious50

Precious50 New Member

Both Bullionmark & PM are back online with live prices - at least when I checked at 12:30am Sat. There's life in the new and old boys yet!

2. Ernster

Ernster New Member

I have nearly 30 10oz Morgan bars.....they are very nice, you should like them.

3. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

I've only got a few morgan bars but despite being very generic they're actually not that bad.

Nothing fancy schmacy like Perth Mint or PAMP bars but better looking than ABC or Ainsile (imho, YMMV).

Are the NTR bars the divisible ones or the standard ones? If just standard i'd go with morgans lol

4. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

I dont see what is fancy about a perth mint 1kg bar... it looks like a lump of silver to me, and that is fine! I think the morgans are hugely under-rated and great value!

5. Ernster

Ernster New Member

LOL true that. The morgans are a lot "fancier" than the perthmint blobs. But both have their own beauty in different ways. I use to stack both but have now moved onto 20oz and KG bars.

6. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

I guess they have more stuff on their's but I like the way the PM bar looks clean and doesn't have a lot of clutter(?).

It's just a personal preference really, I wouldn't pay a massive premium for PM bars over Morgans if I could avoid it.

Irrationality!

7. BULLIONMARK

BULLIONMARK New Member

Many thanks for all the passionate interest in our outage yesterday. We genuinely had a live price feed issue (which can be validated by looking through the history in our live chats or see screenshot below) Yes we do have an auto shut down algorithm built in as a safety mechanism. We limited this shutdown to the trading platform only so charts and my vault portfolio management functionality was not impacted. There also has been some confusion about our stocktake next week. We are trading as normal. Only shipping is impacted.

[​IMG]
    Source:BULLIONMARK

8. atsaki

atsaki New Member

Dammmmm! Should have bought THAT dip! :)

9. bsides

bsides Active Member Silver Stacker

i stand happily corrected.

i'm sure many prospective buyers would really appreciate more specific info (hell, even post the chart) when the outage happens. because we've seen these outages on price drops many times before it's not like it's a one off..

10. benjamind2010

benjamind2010 New Member

It's 2008 all over again. I remember the guy I speak to all the time, he was saying this exact same scenario happened during May and June in 2008, and also in July 2008 as well, in August it seemingly corrected itself.

But by then, all the hedge funds were dumping all their stuff, so they were taking profits off the table, putting more silver in the supply pipeline.

I suspect we'll see this happen again if the price continues to fall, which at this point I doubt silver will go straight down, at least not without some fierce rallies in the meantime. I suspect the hedge funds will try to capitalize on the arbitrage between the rallies and crashes, but at this point it's very risky and it look like it could keep going down at any point.

11. bsides

bsides Active Member Silver Stacker

benjamind,

i know you're very bearish on silver. at what price level do you see yourself getting bullish?

12. SilverSale

SilverSale Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Perth Mint had no silver bars... No 10oz, no 20oz, no 1kg silver when a friend phoned shortly after 9am Perth time yesterday...

13. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

It's really no different to someone pulling a sale ad on here if the price spikes