NGC Grading question for 1oz coins

Discussion in 'Gold' started by SecondGenCollector, Jan 16, 2022.

1. SecondGenCollector

SecondGenCollector New Member

Hello,

I apologize if this is a repeat question, first post here & attempted to search the forum for the answer, but couldn't find a good thread. Just trying to find some information and get some advice.

I have some 1oz Gold Krugerrands, 1oz Gold Canadian Maple Leafs, and 1oz Gold Austrian Philharmonics, & was simply looking for some empty plastic slab cases to go with my other gold coins already graded from NGC. I had no clue empty NGC slabs are a really BIG no-no haha.

The coins aren't rare, harboring a guess they're maybe MS63 or 64. Nothing that special, other than sentiment. Really I just wanted them in a safer & more secure housing than those loose, cheap generic circle cases. Figured I'd see if it's worth the hassle getting them inspected while I'm at it.

If it's not worth it, any direction or suggestions on an "NGC slab like" plastic card case? I'm floored at how difficult they are to find. I need 30mm, 32.7mm, & 37mm sizes.

Any advice is very welcome, & I appreciate any help! Thank you and happy collecting :)

2. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Hi.. ho..
    Welcome to the forum…just a quick input, those ‘NGC type’ plastic slabs can be bought on eBay, nothing special. If you are thinking of less than 10 coins, why not using premium case like lighthouse range

https://www.lighthouse.us/collect-coins/accessories-for-us-coins-1/

they’re protect your valuable and high-valued coins

3. SecondGenCollector

SecondGenCollector New Member

Thanks so much, exactly what I was looking for. I thought it was odd they were harder to find, but this helps out a lot. Appreciate it!