Do you have a plan before the stock market crash?

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by Aurora et luna, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

^^^^^ def a conjob and yes its about messing with the election.

2. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It's a conjob and a non issue at all. There was never a threat of civil war in the USA. All for show. I'm more concerned about international geopolitics. There might be a miscalculation. If you're familiar with WWII history, there were 2 major miscalculations.

3. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

the trend is there, people execute the uniform
    its the people's justice
    people with guns can't be shot at, they will fire back
    when people lose everything they lose it
    its gorilla warfare, we need to support our friends with anti tanks missiles, preferably Russian made

4. sgbuyer

Of course the antifa is foreign, but the only reason they can operate is because the oligarchy allows it. Once Trump is removed, they will be hung. By the way, Putin is part of the oligarchy in case you are not aware. It’s all a game.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  5. alor

[​IMG]

GOLD1 likes this.
  6. alor

that is one deflected comet in the gif

the US protesters need flame throwers

7. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Looks kind of like a head and shoulders but not real clear.
    Looks like Trumpty slumping in front of putin like he does!

8. Tennessee

Tennessee Member

It's been awhile since I posted. Today the DOW hit 30,000. If you will think back to the panic of last March when the DOW dropped below 19,000 and take a look at some of the post. I posted just to hang tight and was made fun of. Others just sold and never got back in. Others posted they would get back in once the Covid was over. Look at the tremendous gains they all would have missed. What will they do in the next panic? And there will certainly be one. Most likely the same thing they did in this one. Sadly, they will have learned nothing.

9. sgbuyer

Is it time to bring back this topic?

Has anyone played with the VIX index adr?

10. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The VIX in the US looks erratic and hard to trade and is in a slow downtrend.
    Im not sure what market you are in but they might be related, not sure there.
    What market do you trade in?

11. sgbuyer

I now only trade NYSE and Nasdaq stocks as they are less rigged, comparatively, as all stocks are rigged. :D

Yes, I found out that there's no VIX ticker. The VIX linked ETFs are all derivatives and they decay like hell. I was burnt by silver etf derivatives in the 2000s. The odds are not as good as the price of silver. So yes, it will be tricky to trade VIX, timing is the key.

12. Davros10

Davros10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If you have got a plan, it's time to action it. Market may have already peaked or one more small top in the next week or so.

13. Silverling

Silverling Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The last big peak on the All Ords was in November 2007.

Year end in 2021 is the first time the All Ords closed higher than the previous peak. That is a massive 14 year wait just to break even. (Dividends not included)

It is hard to guess which way it will go from here but some people are saying the All Ords is heading to 9500 to 10000 point level and that the blow off hasn't happed yet. Others are saying sell.

I have positioned myself somewhere in between. Holding a crucial ETF giving me good income with my super pension where a further market surge will trigger and a parcel sale and a market drop will trigger a parcel purchase. So I am somewhere in between and I know what I will do when certain prices are reached with that ETF. I am not adverse to buying when markets are down, picked up a couple of parcels during the 30% covid discount downer in 2020.

AussieHODLer and sgbuyer like this.
  14. sgbuyer

I don't really have a concrete plan yet, there could still be a final melt up so it's risky to take a short position.

15. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There's nothing wrong with having spare cash.
    Remember 20 March 2020 when the price of silver dropped like a rock.

Although it's difficult to get an idea from Harry, Peter, Jim, Greg, Maloney and all the other well known pumpers, you could say, something "might" happen.
    The Fed is known for their BS.

Some are saying commodities are cheap, some say get out of Bitcoin and stocks; sell that holiday house etc.

One things for sure, there's something in the air, like a feeling of panic or, watching or that sense you get when someone is watching you but you can't see them.

11 months ago, some were saying, Bitcoin would drop, that turned out to be "somewhat" true. The savvy have probably taken some of
    their profits and gone to cash or hard assets; some will take a chance, they'll have no real strategy and sadly follow their paper profits down until they are forced
    to sell (margin-call).

Since 2009 I've been on this forum, nothing much has changed, except that, you get a feel from people when to buy and when to sell. There's been times
    when folk have said, wait until 2021 or 2022 or..............this and that is going to be...........
    The clever guys, buy and sell, they are in and out like a Bull Moose on cow.

Consider this, if the market crashes, when will you sell, do you have the time in your life to recoup the loss.
    If you think you know the market, it might just slap you in the face, and of course, we have all seen companies burn leaving their shareholders with shares worth
    cents.

The supply chain is being stretched, as are tempers. (A thing to contemplate)

Today, I watched Manarino jumping through hoops, I've never seen his facial expression change in such a way that brings about a feeling of confusion; I could be wrong
    but something is in the wind.

They say cash is King, some hate having cash, but if, like many say, there is a decent correction, a bit of cash could come in handy.
    Lastly, we have seen it before; when the market corrects, gold and silver often drop with it but gold bounces back, as does silver and probably Bitcoin too.
    At the end of the day, a lump of gold, or preferably silver, plus some cash might be a strategy.

For those guys in the black with Bitcoin, consider converting some of your paper profits to cash.

Having said that, best of luck for 2022.

16. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I do like to differentiate between cash and money in the bank.

Real $, adze67, Oddjob and 1 other person like this.
  17. Silverling

Silverling Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

And if people think borrowing hundreds of thousands of $$$$$$$ to buy property at sky high prices is the way to riches think again. The USA thinks they may raise interest rates 3 times this year and if it happens there it could easily happen here too. We are at record low interest rates. Should they go up a few percentage points, would you still be able to pay that loan? If not you could sell but so will all the others who can't pay their loans and thus could cause prices to fall and selling for less than than what you owe the banks. Just be ready for higher interest rates and the consequences that will follow that's all.

sgbuyer likes this.
  18. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Likely most can take 1 to 2% interest hike, by tightening their belts and eating at home.

They will all scream I had to cut back 5 takeout meals a week, 10 coffee a week, no more avocado smash snacks, no more new iphones/laptop/tv/toys every year, sell the second car and heaven forbid take public transport etc... As long as they dont lose thier jobs, most will manage.

The fact is most two income families use the second income for niceties and keeping up with jones next door, so there is a lot a room to manage.

Real $, STKR, Oddjob and 1 other person like this.
  19. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yep, like clockwork on the day the RBA raises interest rates by 25bps, the lead story on the 6 o'clock news is a "presenter" (whom used to be reporters) talking to a family in western Sydney complaining about all things they won't be able to afford due to the increased interest rate on their mortgage.

20. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I trust that they will have a beer in one hand and a smoke in the other.