Bullionmark outage?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by bsides, May 6, 2011.

1. bsides

bsides Active Member Silver Stacker

just wondering is anyone else getting this?

"We are currently experiencing technical issues with our live pricing feed. Bullion trading is offline whilst our technicians work on the problem. We hope to resume normal trading shortly. Apologies for any inconvenience."

2. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Could be automated - safety shutdown etc.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

LOL along with all the others too? Quite understandable tho really, the people that run these sites do not want to make a loss on stock. I am waiting to see an honest message up tho like...... Due to the current volatility in the market we have ceased trading until further notice.

Guess I'll be waiting a while for that to happen tho.

4. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

Will this be the case when it comes time to sell as well? No major buyers and everyone sucking up to the Capt'n, Aurora and others.... where's Kenny!

5. Mesmerized

Mesmerized New Member

Hoping they're back up by Wednesday, I've got an order to make!

6. Precious50

Precious50 New Member

I just placed my first ever order with Bullionmark today for a substantial bit of silver. The lady there told me they are closed for all of next week for 'stocktaking'. My silver will be delivered the week after next as it is currently in stock. The order was for a number of the PAMP kilo bars. I was a bit miffed when the site went down today - just getting used to being a client and playing with the lovely features of the wonderful site. Oh well, even web sites need a break now & then. Perth Mint site is offline too and has been since BM's went dark. I'm not concerned though - I'm sure they'll both be back soon. I'm counting on silver powering towards $60/oz by the time mine arrives! Keep the faith guys!

7. diamonddave

diamonddave New Member

Makes me laugh as Bullionmark's vault updates the live prices as normal, yet there is 'apparently technical difficulties' with live pricing.Just covering their arses.Funny how all the online bullion dealers are having technical difficulty or stocktake.

8. silverstalker

silverstalker Active Member Silver Stacker

As restardedMonkey said earlier 'Closed for profit maintenance' lol

9. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

They probably have an automated script that kicks in when the prices fall by more than 1 USD in the span of 1 hour :|

I find it hard to believe that they would have 'technical difficulties' so often on such low traffic websites... even these forums would have more I reckon with us spamming F5

10. bsides

agreed. just prefer them to be honest hey.

these coy dealers could be buying silver at the current price to replenish the stock they sell now. they "supposedly" live off the margins and spot price doesn't matter to them. maybe they're just lazy. or maybe their business models are sub-par and a lower silver price could bankrupt them since they actually have exposure to the current spot price, and try to profit on the way up.

smells fishy.

11. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

crap i want to wait till next week, but will there be anything to buy? Bb has morgans and ntr 10oz bars, anyone make a recomendation between the two?

12. bsides

are their prices updated to reflect the drop tonight?

you could try:

http://www.abcbullion.com.au/index.php/default/product/36/silver

13. bron suchecki

bron suchecki Active Member Silver Stacker

Any dealer who wants to stay in business should not be exposed to metal prices either on the up or down. If BullionMark is having problems with his live price feed it means he can't cover his trades, hence he isn't going to want to sell or buyback to you because he can't buy or sell to cover himself.

14. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

What? shouldnt be exposed on the up or the down? thats what the market does day in day out. I thought thats what the difference in the buy & sell prices were for not only profit but market movement.

15. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Thanx but you have to register and i'm a tad paranoid... bullionbourse does not need so many hoops and neither does bullionmark from what I hear. Any others I am not aware of?

16. bsides

yep i agree with your first sentence. but the second part makes it sound like "poor bullionmark, he's having technical issues".

so why do all these dealers drop their sites out when the price drops. bullionmark is a serial offender. to me, this means he must have long exposure to the market, hence why he wont sell at the new lower price.

happy to be proven wrong :)

17. bsides

yeah abc take id for any sales.

bbourse dont ask for id until cumulative purchases go over 5000.

can i suggest you stick to the pamp 1kg bars. you will appreciate it when it comes time to sell. & they are very attractive bars. i haven't observed much demand for the bars you were asking about (so they will trade closer to spot than the pamps). or you could go perth mint bars.

18. bsides

spot price up $1 & bullionmark site back up.

/end thread

19. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

Correct! any guy who has been on this forum for a while now has experienced this mysterious "close of sites" when the price varies in favour of the buyer. I always notice a certain few on this forum always come to their defence with excuses for them - very strange, very strange indeed :/ or should I say perhaps some back room biased shanigans going on :mad:

However, in their defence I'm sure most of these side dealers are much smaller than the Perth Mint and even those slack bastards were useless today. I have purchased from BM and they haven't let me down yet even though they were late some times. Remember these are strange times indeed :rolleyes:

I know how you feel when you have actually given a nice bit of $$$$$ over online, can't actually see the goods for a while and wonder if the big sting is happening :/ but so far everything has worked out in the end :cool:

20. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

ROFL it most definitely has to be automated man.

Much like stop losses people put in place!

SUSSSS