2020 Collapse

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TreasureHunter, Dec 8, 2019.

1. hardyakkagold

hardyakkagold Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

In my younger years, I spent some time working for a Japanese-owned company where I mingled and interacted with the Japs, so I have a pretty good understanding of how they operate and their mindset.

Even though it was a profitable standalone company in Australia with local management, engineering, and technical experts running the show, the Japs would not bear to
    leave us alone and were always bringing their experts over to oversee our workforce and tell us how we could improve our performance and profit.

This got on my nerves having them looking over my shoulder and observing me, so I had a few arguments and disagreements with them about the best ways to perform certain tasks, which ultimately led to my position being made redundant and me being given my marching orders.

The funny thing was that they were so smiley and polite when interacting with me, and yet behind my back they were telling the operations manager that I did
    not have the right mindset and attitude to be a positive long-term team member of their company.

So I am no fan of the Japanese or the Chinese for that matter and if there is a war between the two of them, I hope the rest of the world has enough sense to keep
    out of it and let the two of them destroy each other only.

2. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Malaysian PM says AUKUS will be ‘catalyst for nuclear arms race’ as ex-diplomat warns Australia is now ‘isolated’ in region
    Indonesia’s Foreign Ministry proclaimed on Friday that it was “very concerned about the continued arms race and projection of military power in the region,” and called on Morrison and his government to “maintain peace, stability and security.”

3. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Can this sink a sub?

[​IMG]

4. alor

^ the ones who want the sea lane closed are the ones with very little trades
    China BRI opens up more silk roads, and the dependence on the sea lanes are reduced to 1/8
    its very simple, if there is a chock point, you open up more direct roads access. there is one trying to block all the roads and excess, clearly its the US.
    Poseidons are great to criple costal cities. so distance is never a problem, all are within reach
    French just got their karma, for cancelling two Mistrail with Russia, now they should never mind the Oz not saying contract cancelled lol
    with the subs contracts, all Australian cities are nuclear targets now, they all can just plot for them, just as insurance policies.
    Detterrent is to be able to completely wipe the whole population, 999 out of 1000. Decimate is just 10 out of 100. in a nuclear exchange context.
    China-Australia are now adversaries, China sould be able to change the sea bed conditions, so no subs can slip through without being seen.

5. alor

looks like sonar underwater vehicle

6. sgbuyer

Evergrande blowing up the RE bubble. French are screwed anyway as they depend a lot on luxury exports. Unlike commodities, it's virtually a single market only.

I'm quite sure the deal was struck in secret between Trump and Morrison, and Biden Obama dragged this until Afghanistan blew and he had to show something. Master stroke by Trump, nuclear subs in the seas are the best way to keep sea lanes open.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  7. alor

French can removed all sactions on Russia and start business as usual again, vote the other way at the UN for a few rounds to anger the US lol

Keep sea lanes open with a hidden agenda, to close them with all the military weapons.. so all trade ships cannot sail, always sea accidents. but their actions are always the opposite of their claims.

8. sgbuyer

Russia is Europe's enemy. The biggest mistake the US did in the last 200 years was to get involved in Europe in WWII. This shifted the balance of power in a way that wasn't sustainable as we see today. The world would be a better place today if Europe is under Germany, which ironically is happening anyway so we're going back to square one.

9. jultorsk

jultorsk Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think the French sub deal started on the wrong foot to begin with, with the security leaks associated with DCNS in 2016.
    Here's a decent summary, imo.
    https://www.politico.eu/article/why-australia-wanted-out-of-its-french-sub-deal/
    (After seeing some mergers and acquisitions, I would never recommend investing in a company planning to M&A with a French company - they have their own ways and the expected synergies very rarely materialise.)

Another angle is that the AUKUS would never have happened if Brexit had not taken place.

Holdfast and sgbuyer like this.
  10. alor

US Navy test-launches life-extended Trident II ballistic missile, amid row over nuclear-powered sub deal with Australia
    [​IMG]

11. hardyakkagold

Maybe we should have followed the New Zealand example and ditched the subs altogether;):p

download.jpg

adze67, yuripuka and 66rounds like this.
  12. sgbuyer

Malaysia also had a French submarine deal worthy of a holywood blockbuster - https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/expl...-shaariibuu-and-allegations-against-malaysias

Looks to me funny business going on. :D

Australia is lucky to have gotten out of it.

Why so?

13. jultorsk

Likely they would not have been able to make that deal without it being first sanctioned by the European Commission, where it would've been blocked/vetoed by the French (due to commercial interest).

sgbuyer likes this.
  14. jultorsk

Well well... :eek:

E_uZNBhVcAQRInM.jpeg

15. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

precious roar and jultorsk like this.
  16. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Haha funny stuff. Baloney for sure. The inbreds keep tight control there.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  17. hardyakkagold

While everyone seems to be getting their knickers in a knot about Evergrande, which is just a Ponzi scheme like the rest of the Chinese economy that is coming
    home to roost, there is another event that could have worldwide repercussions but is hardly getting a mention in the media.

I am of course referring to the La Palma volcanic eruption in the Canary Islands.
    A major volcanic eruption there or on Tenerife Island could cause part of the mountains which are from 8,000 to 12,000 feet high to collapse into the sea,
    sending a 300 to 500 feet high wall of water rushing across the Atlantic ocean and in 9 hours destroying the east coast of North America.

This is a well-known scientific fact and it will happen sooner or later, it is not a question of if but when.

We had a similar thing happen on the west coast of New Zealand sometime prior to white settlement, which sent a wall of water across the Tasman sea
    and destroying much of the East Coast of Australia.
    That is why you can find seashells on parts of the Blue mountains as that is how far inland the tsunami traveled.

https://www.canarianweekly.com/posts/La-palma-update-acid-rain-200921

adze67 and sgbuyer like this.
  18. Davros10

Davros10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Already signs of splitting land.

https://scontent.fcbr2-1.fna.fbcdn....=99926739bd31e5bec89566cbde3579f8&oe=616FBF54

19. Steveno

Steveno Well-Known Member

Do you have a link or reference? I'm actually interested in this.

20. hardyakkagold

I remember reading and seeing a video about that many years ago, Steveno, sorry don't have any links or references.

If my memory serves me correctly I think that it was stated to have happened a couple of centuries prior to white colonisation, and I don't
    remember if they said it was earthquake or volcanic related.

If you have time maybe you can find out something about it.