Basel III Threatens to Break The Gold Derivative Market in June

Discussion in 'Gold' started by betterinvestmentthanshare, Mar 8, 2021.

1. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes, I tend to see myself as an alternative banker for my exploits, rather than a goldbug. It's true that gold doesn't earn for its holder, but that changes when you treat your gold as your private central bank.

If you use your stack as your own banker then you quickly move away from daily chart checking and the POG is simply a guide to purchasing more.

2. Jamie watson

Jamie watson Well-Known Member

Yep totally agree,thats pretty much where i am at.whilst i may not make large gains,i am able to basically loan to myself zero interest.kinda works out ok

adze67 likes this.
  3. adze67

adze67 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Been stacking for over 10 years and this is where I'm at too :cool:

Jamie watson and madaw1 like this.
  4. hardyakkagold

hardyakkagold Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Cheer up, guys.

I have been stacking for over 30 years and this is where I'm at.

R.jpg

Jamie watson and adze67 like this.
  5. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

What strategies do people put in place that are any different from regular investors when they say they are "Their own personal Central Bank"?

Central banks basically have a mandate to maximise employment, maintain financial stability and keep interest rates "reasonable". They don't even create money so if someone wants to be their own central bank in an attempt to create money, then I'm afraid they've got the wrong plan in place.

Loosely I suppose we can all do our bit toward maximising our own employment by ensuring we have skills and knowledge that are in demand, we can maintain financial stability by making sensible financial decisions, and we can keep interest rates reasonable by only taking on debt that meets our 2nd criteria and is within the capacity of our 1st criteria to pay back, but comparing households/individuals to the operations of a central bank is drawing an extremely long bow.

Really, if anyone wants to be their own central bank then for starters they'd have to hold a majority of their assets in cash and bonds.

Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 8.49.42 pm.png

From my perspective I view my family assets and activities as a business enterprise rather than a Central Bank. We don't set monetary policy nor intend controlling the rate of inflation, we're just victims of CB policy in regards to those two things so we don't implement anything resembling CB policy when it comes to trying to secure our financial future.

6. Jamie watson

Jamie watson Well-Known Member

Having built enough equity in my own reserves,real,not speculative,i can now utilise that equity to fund my own future growth and income producing assets,at net zero interest.eg,i have purchased land and am building income generating rental properties.no banks or other financial parties to be able to change ,hike interest rates as they see fit.nor to forclose on anything.works just fine for me.it may not be the mainstream or best way.but its mine.i own it.

adze67 and mmm....shiney! like this.
  7. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

the town council can put up levy, did they call it that, so you must pay them or they can cut water/electric/or rubish collections
    or seal your doors, just practically similar to lock down