WW3 do you want tobe holding Cryptocurrency or PM?

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by Jason1, May 31, 2021.

?

WW3 do you want tobe holding Crypto or PM?

1. CRYPTOCURRENCY ?

13.8%
  2. PRECIOUS METALS?

86.2%
  1. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

which one would you consider to have more power for you in trade During a world war? a pile of Gold and silver or some Cryptocurrency?.
    One or the other choice please.
    Post your reason, Opinions welcome on both sides, to avoid the echo

Last edited: May 31, 2021
  2. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

Precious metals, reason- power outages, network outages and infrastructure damages and crypto access is virtually toast or unreliable at best.

Ag bullet, JohnnyBravo300 and adze67 like this.
  3. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

PMs for me
    Untraceable
    High value density
    Can't be hacked
    Don't need internet or electricity
    Don't need some network of miners to fulfill transactions.

adze67 and Jason1 like this.
  4. hardyakkagold

hardyakkagold Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

In a true all-out World War 3 scenario with nukes going off and radiation spreading, the only thing you will want to be holding is your loved ones.

All else including silver and gold will be the furthest thing from your memory at that time.

5. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

obviously, that is 100%.in that situation

but we talking trading during war time, not the aftermath of a nuke .

6. hardyakkagold

^^^
    I doubt you will be doing much trading during an all-out war between China/Russia versus the USA and its lapdogs which includes us here in Oz.

If you are lucky enough to be far away from a major population centre or military installation you may be able to barter locally.

How would you value and trade your precious metals when all the official markets would be closed anyway?

spannermonkey, adze67 and 66rounds like this.
  7. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Official corrupt markets being closed would make trade much easier.

STKR and adze67 like this.
  8. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

one would assume like anything, the person with the goods you want names a price, you either pay it or you dont.
    Many Jews bribed their way to freedom, or bought their way into being hidden, using gold, silver and valuables, some it didnt work obviously but in a number of situations it did.
    People bought extra rations with gold and silver, even soldiers traded items off each other with valuables containing gold and silver in bunkers.
    also Helped Germans who had the assets rebuild after the war as their currency was worthless. So People in war time do look at the future, even if the result doesnt go the way they want, they still look ahead just in case.

adze67 likes this.
  9. hardyakkagold

Personally, I would like true price discovery to occur in the precious metals without the need for WW3 to bring it about.

Ag bullet, Gilligan, adze67 and 3 others like this.
  10. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

Definitely not disagreeing with that.

11. adze67

adze67 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If you don't hold it, you don't own it...let's see you do that with Crypto :p

I'm happy to hang with the undisputed champions of history (Gold n Silver), the "New Kids on the Block" can keep playing in the "Greater Fool" sandpit o_O

;) :cool:

12. GoldenEye

GoldenEye Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I prefer PMs, but I think you need a bit of both.

13. ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid Well-Known Member

Nobody is going to want your ounce of gold for that last 10 kilo bag of rice and 3 cans of baked beans on the shelf that you just beat them too.

Just like they won't want bitcoin.

Food, Water, Shelter. Nothing else matters.

And the question was too broad anyway. Where are we placed in that world war. Have we been invaded? Are we being rounded up like sheep?

Stoic Phoenix and Bullion Stax like this.
  14. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

Yes, Question is broad on purpose, it is left up to each persons opinion on what they think a war would like. Or if they beleive or dont beleive they are on a possible winning side.
    So its then upto the individual tode decide which one of the two listed items would be more use for trading or even bribes out of the two options.
    Upto people if they think like previous wars, where valuable items were traded for things you have listed above, and if so do they think gold or cryptocurrency would have more buying power?

So yes its a broad hypothetical, and opinion based only as no one knows for sure

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  15. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Please provide evidence of "physically holding " cripto :oops:
    Printing it out = toilet paper :eek:

slavaja, 66rounds and Jason1 like this.
  16. GoldenEye

GoldenEye Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I read an interesting book by a guy who lived through a time of huge inflation and turmoil in a South American country. He said PMs were good for buying at shops, but you needed to be careful how you used it.

He said flashing gold coins around was really dangerous (as you look rich), and the best way to use gold was as jewellery (you look poorer). So a retailer may even offer his goods for a few links from a gold chain.

adze67, 66rounds and Jason1 like this.
  17. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

all in canned tuna and weapons, will be easy for me to repurpose your stack of whatever you have chosen to hold.

adze67, 66rounds and spannermonkey like this.
  18. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

Yer obviously, but on this occasion the comparison is between PM and cryptocurrency for trade and peoples opinions between which of these two are better.

I am a licensed gun owner so understand the importance of being able to hunt as well as trade.
    But The comparison is between cryptocurrency and precious metals as stated in the first post

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    adze67 likes this.
  19. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

My mother was born in Poland before WW2, she is of Catholic German descent. She spent her first 6 years living in the Jewish quarter of whatever town my grandfather was running his butcher shop, her birth certificate shows she was born in Konigshutte which is now Chorzow but I'm not sure if they lived there, or another nearby town.

She had many Jewish play mates at the time and she recalled that many of the families were selling their possessions to afford passage out of Poland ahead of the advancing Nazi army. Of course those that had little in the way of possessions had barely any recourse and faced the tragedy that unfolded. My mother also recalls that toward the end of the War she watched her mother canning all the jewellery as the Allied forces approached from one front and the Russians form the other. They fled to Cologne I think where the allied forces were advancing.

I have a painting that was sold to my grandfather by some Jewish bloke before the Nazi invasion of Poland. My mother brought it rolled up to Australia when she left her family in Germany in the 1950's. She would've probably been about 24 and single, travelling with her younger sister to start a new life in the Antipodes.

It's by the Polish painter Sylweriusz Saski, it depicts a couple in a regional costume, about 1200mm x 900mm and could do with a bit of restorative work. It's probably early 20thC. It's called "Red Corals" as the necklace the girl is reaching for is made of red coral. A sad but valued piece of history. :oops:

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 11.42.19 am.png

20. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

I read an autobiography many years ago, i wish i could remember the books name,
    anyway it was of a jewish bloke whos parents bribed a german family to hide on their farm. They managed to conceal them selves through a number of nazi searches and live the war out in hiding, vry interesting as it was on the aspect of a child which he was at the time. The mother gave all her gold and jewlery as a bribe, there may have been a painting involved as well. Paintings were a big deal.
    Id love to read the book again if any one recognises that book let me know, dont think it was a big title though

Yours is a great story thanks for sharing it.

Bullion Stax and mmm....shiney! like this.