Portfolio Asset Allocation

Discussion in 'Other Investments' started by Nicky P, May 12, 2021.

?

What is your combined asset allocation of gold and silver?

This poll will close on May 12, 2026 at 1:13 PM.
  1. Less than 5%

2. 5-10%

3. 10-20%

4. 20-30%

5. 30-40%

6. 40-50%

7. More than 50%

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Nicky P

Nicky P New Member

Hey everyone. I am new to this forum and I have been doing alot of research in regards to holding physical gold and silver. I am interested in knowing the percentage of your portfolio allocated in gold and in silver. I am really trying to find the correct asset allocation that works for me. Nice to meet you all and can't wait to continue reading on this forum. Have a great day!

2. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Welcome.

You need to establish your investment objectives before you can work out what will work for you. Why one person assigns a particular ratio of PMs to total assets is entirely personal, as a result that information may well be completely meaningless to you.

GoldenEye likes this.
  3. Nicky P

Nicky P New Member

My objectives is to save currency for a downpayment for a house one day. Also to put away alittle bit of silver and some gold for future retirement plans. I don't think of it as an investment but as a savings account.

4. mmm....shiney!

I advised my kids to get into gold rather than silver. When you're young you have less capital behind you so the logical thing to do from my perspective is to build up a treasury that is less likely to be threatened by the vagaries of the market.

Saving both fiat for a house deposit and buying gold for your future is a fairly sound strategy if you think that the PM market has potential upside.

PMCollector likes this.
  5. Nicky P

Nicky P New Member

I just think fundamentally that as the dollar gets devalued due to inflation (increase and expansion of currency supply and credit) that the affects of inflation are rising costs of goods and services within the economy. I just don't know about my savings account because it is earning 0% and purchasing power is being decimated due to the price inflation statistics (that is already understated with their CPLie data).

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  6. mmm....shiney!

In Oz banks won’t give you a house loan unless you can prove some history of either saving or regular payments (rent for example). It’s just the game you have to play if you want to secure a loan.

Just remember, assets are being quietly (?) accumulated by an increasingly decreasing percentage of the population. We either have to swim in that pool or miss out. And in an inflationary environment, assets appreciate.

7. Nicky P

Nicky P New Member

I do think that gold and silver are going to be going higher but I welcome any and all pullbacks. Gold and silver holders are patient and know that this is a long game. I have noticed that the silver bars are cheaper less premiums than the silver American Eagle coins. I have only been investing in some American Eagle Silver coins and some fractional gold American Eagle coins.