**** FREE **** Round 50s - 10x Available

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand (Public)' started by neonuke, May 13, 2021.

1. neonuke

neonuke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hi all,

Now that I've got your attention, I thought I would do something different.

I've been a member of this forum for almost 8 years now! I'm honoured to be a part of the "old timers" who started out in the old forum too.

I was introduced to SilverStackers by the late Greg Williams, he was a top bloke. Never met in person, but in all my dealings with him he was fantastic to deal with. In the old days we were both trading on Facebook, watching each other's YouTube videos and of course buying and selling on here as well.

What I have gained from being a part of this forum has been beyond my wildest expectations; I've gained in knowledge and a bigger stack as a result.

So in honour of this forum and Greg, and for the purposes of spreading some good vibes in the community, I have 10x round 50s to giveaway.

All you have to do is comment in this thread of one good deed that you will do for someone in your family / neighbourhood / community / club / etc.

I will let this run for 1 week, the cut off will be 9pm eastern time 20/05/2021. The top 10 comments by number of likes will receive 1 round 50 each from me. I will post by regular post, on me.

Some random examples might be:
    - You will mow the lawn for an elderly neighbour on your street
    - Have a coffee catch up with someone you know who may be going through a rough patch in their life
    - Volunteer at a homeless shelter or soup kitchen or whatever for a night

Can be whatever you like, you just have to comment here and follow through with it.

2. Bear Metal

Bear Metal Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

neonuke, the very first person I did a trade with on this forum. I've traded with Greg also, always had good dealings here. Humbled by the generosity....

3. AgStalker

AgStalker Active Member Silver Stacker

Neonuke, I am not making any commitments; just writing to offer my appreciation of your kind gesture.

4. Lucky

Lucky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I will spend more time with my family instead of pouring silver and looking at silver stackers on my phone all the time

5. SolidAg

SolidAg Active Member

Great initiative and wholesome cause. Definitely following to read up on all the good that happens but we never hear about.

My little deed was/is I surprised my little brother with a 10oz bar of silver for his birthday (13/05). Mind you, he has practically everything he wants or needs because he works, but I think the gesture and the surprise that I hid it in his room, since we we dont live together. Partly I just hope to trigger his own precious metal interest in stacking or collection precious metals instead of sneakers.

6. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Surprisingly this didn't come from boyscout :p

7. domdolittle

domdolittle Active Member Silver Stacker

From an 'old timer' myself and a round 50s fanatic, let me congratulate you Neonuke... Honour and perspicacity !

8. Mintaka

Mintaka Active Member

I baked my neighbour a loaf of sourdough bread because she helped me with a project around the home.

Ivykoin, highball, beyondfiat and 6 others like this.
  9. LiverBird

LiverBird Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You need to give these coins to your neighbour, she got the raw end of that deal :p

10. SilverDelta

SilverDelta Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Canberra, Queanbeyan, Batemans Bay, Moruya, Wagga
    RIP Greg, I refuse to participate in a competition for likes, however I did help an old man with a box today and I will mow my neighbour’s lawn this weekend ;)

11. BackYardPirate

BackYardPirate Active Member Silver Stacker

My wife paid for an elderly man's power bill at the post office on the sunshine coast this afternoon. We were all standing behind him in line and got called up to the window next him. The lost office lady was saying to him that if he didn't pay the entire bill, the electricity company would likely send him an overdue bill for the remainder. I gave my partner a nudge for her to pay attention to what was happening next to us. The elderly man was frantic, searching his pockets, then looked through his wallet, he couldn't find any extra money and asked the PO lady how much he was short, she said 20cents. She was putting this 80+ year old gent though this over 20 blooming cents!! I was so angry, I thought I was going to have a heart attack myself. I learnt across to the PO lady and asked her how much the bill was, in total, she replied $120.70. Before I could say a word, my partner excused herself and handed the PO lady her credit card and asked her to give his money back, ALL OF IT PLEASE, she said lol (my partner has red hair, you do not want to upset her). The old gent asked what was happening, my partner explained that what had just happened over 20c was ridiculous and that we were paying for his electricity bill. The man had tears running down his cheeks before he left, he shook my son's hand and said some very kind words to him. BUT the best part was, when we'd finished in the PO, we walked across to Woolies and the old gent was standing at the register with a basket of fruit, meat bread and eggs. He went and purchased food with that $120. Food he wouldn't have otherwise been able to buy.

I don't want the fiddies, I just figured that if we want the world to change then maybe this can inspire someone else, in the spirit of the OP's post. The old gent had a walking stick, had a permanent shaking of the hands/arms, serious thombosis in both us legs. Really proud of my partner today, thanks for the opportunity to tell the world.

Last edited: May 14, 2021
    AG_Me, Teh silvers, Ivykoin and 21 others like this.
  12. bubblebobble2

^^
    I can't believe bloody PO lady could not spare 20c for this chap.....sooo wrong in today's society!

Good karma coming your way to you lad and yer lady friend...:)

13. BackYardPirate

Over 2 bob! I left a doozie of a Google review. I was absolutely seething, made me wonder how bad our elderly really have it when the post office have no common sense or compassion

14. REDBACK

REDBACK Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

@BackYardPirate
    I travel from Melbourne to Horsham regularly (3 1/2 hours)and one of my halfway stops is at a remote but popular highway McDonald's.
    Being fatigued I parked my car a little too close to a car full of kiwis that arrived at the same time.Absentmindedly when I hoped out i prevented a rather large Moiri from exiting his vehicle.He mumbled something and I thought he was having a jab so I asked him what he said.
    "Happy Easter bro
    "God bless you
    I was taken aback and shook hands with him.
    His entorage made their way inside and I as i was leaving with my order i saw one of the large older women in his group with long hair ordering food from the take away counter next to Maccas.
    I though id reciprocate the freindly gesture of before and as she was about to pay i leaned in to the attendant and said ill pay for the women's food.
    The women looked around puzzled and that's when I noticed it was a bloke,I could have died but payed anyway.
    I got out of there quick smart.

15. bubblebobble2

^^^
    lucky gggaaarrrrllll. :confused:

16. SouthCoastSilver

SouthCoastSilver Active Member

Be the change you want to see in the world. Bit of a cringe quote, but it is my second favourite quote behind Oscar Wilde- "work is the plight of the drinking class"

Anyway, in a world increasingly (in my opinion) so caught up in greed and polarising politics the actions of a virtuous man still resonate among your community. It might be challenging at times, but being a good father, a good husband, a good neighbour and a good employee (or boss) are sowing seeds which the greater community reaps the benefits. I could list some of the good deeds I pride myself on doing, but I'm not after any round fiddys. I just implore anyone lurking the thread and reading this to be generous

17. 2God

2God Member

A timely thread, as I have been red pilling my family members on the current state of affairs, the imploding economy, and how civil unrest is are all linked to a failure of a flawed system - in one way or another.

Of course, you might be wondering how much of a ‘good deed’ this really is, when I’m just a doom and gloomer, but I was presenting undeniable evidence for the most part. Things that are well documented, and quantitative in nature. Examples include (but not limited to), charts that track the movement to PMs and inflation, all inflationary/fiat based economies have failed 100% of the times, etc. Keeping this short as I know you silverbugs have heard of these countless of times.

With that said, I’ve kept things as open ended as possible. And I’ve only told them what ‘I’ was doing personally as a response to the fiasco. Tried my best not to push any narratives, nor push them to get in PMs. In fact, I even weighed the pros and cons of getting into real estate and cryptos as well. The rest of the story and any financial decisions moving forward lies with them. And I for one, is looking forward to what comes of this 5 years down the track.

TLDR: presented fundamental flaws in our current economic system to family members. Showed them ways to protect themselves as it is not sustainable. Left it open ended to let them make their own choice. They will ask me further questions if they decide to pursue the truth, which I think is the most organic and natural way to have them red pilled.

neonuke and Shlomo Goldberg like this.
  18. LukeinSA

LukeinSA New Member

Think you better send a couple of fiddies to BackYardPirate for the electricity bill story.

19. BackYardPirate

That's really nice of you, but you know what, I'd sooner have the fidy auctioned here and the funds be taken into town, and either buy a random person on the street, lunch (Macca's etc), or a coffee, or leave the money with the servo attendant and ask them to take it off of the next persons bill that walks in the door.. so many other ways to give random acts of kindness.. pay it forward!

adze67, Ivykoin and ppier like this.
  20. STKR

STKR Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I love random acts of kindness. I pay for random people's fuel every now and then. I pay for the car behind me in the drive-thru. I prefer to give to those who don't expect it - It's usually more impactful.

I mow both of my elderly neighbours lawns everytime I do mine. I even poison their weeds, trim their hedges, landscape their front yards and buy them plants on occasion. They deserve it and I enjoy doing it for them.

I like helping people. I stop when I see a car broken down on the side of the road. I've picked up hundreds of hitchhikers and driven thousands of kilometres out of my way to help strangers.

I'm a believer that we can change the world one random act of kindness at a time. Kindness is contagious.

adze67, Ivykoin, Revils and 4 others like this.