Unchartered For Me

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by copperhead, May 8, 2021.

1. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

My head is level , My investment plan has been diversify
    So Silver/ Gold is my never ending Buy little by little
    BUT I also purchased stock from Many sectors
    from Soup to Nuts AND each week for the last 2 1/2 years small $$ amount of crypto
    & for 2 years just lingered never did much
    I have the typical including the DOGE @ 20,000 coins
    needless to say I look at my crypto's (DOGE) & BCH BTC ETC ETH LTC BSV & others
    and I need finally look hard at this stuff AS it is on fire and I am not sure what to do,
    My nature to to KEEP Hoard and wait let it go BOOM or Crash
    My logical side says take the modest gain . My crafty side I keep buying also (like silver)
    My total investment amount is small for all my CRYPTO.
    THE COLD TRUTH yes I see now I had the chance to be very rich just from Ethereum
    And DOGE , why did I not go $25 per week when it was less then
    a penny at least I did buy 20,000 at less then a Penny BUT really I dropped the ball on that one
    OK any advice
    HOLD
    SELL

2. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If you don't need to sell, hold.

copperhead likes this.
  3. madaw1

madaw1 Well-Known Member

Don't be to greedy!!!-everybody is unique,but-I always sell any class of assets if I make 100 percent profit in gold ,silver,real estate ,stocks or crypto. Why to wait??? when Bank gives you 0.01 percent interest and inflation is 2 percent....
    You can't go wrong with this strategy....

4. ppier

ppier Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Some would say sell enough of each to get your original “investment” back, put the rest in hard wallet and forget about until 2026. Not advice

madaw1, copperhead and adze67 like this.
  5. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

I have been able to have same impulse control with stock ownership and silver
    & for me if cash is needed stock is best sold before silver as rebuilding stock is easer
    (for me)
    Now the crypto is a different beast pulling on emotions , of take the money and run
    or long game it . DOGE is really the wonder as it's not fully seated as crypto currency
    wile it is purchasable more and more , coin base would be a key to - On The Way -
    I decided to sell all , and as price dropped to repurchased $4,900 leaving a profit on table
    and on weekly basis rebuy as see fit .
    DOGE is .41 from a peak of .70 , I suspect will go down more till rebounding
    The wait my be a wile . many have lost . I got in at under a penny . So for now it's just
    playing with numbers from the original foundation

6. betterinvestmentthanshare

betterinvestmentthanshare Active Member

Its not about greed, fear or any other emotion, its about logic, keeping a level head. If the question was asked by your child or grandchild etc, what would you advise them?
    I always ask myself, where will I invest after selling that will keep making wealth, this might help with making a decision.

7. cascadia

cascadia New Member

I too wish I had the Sports Almanac from Back to the Future. The amount of money I could have made is enormous! I could have bet on baseball games in the 1970s before I was even born, raking in millions!

As far as crypto goes? I wish everyone would ask, "why" before they buy. If you know why you are buying digital property (IE how do you intend to use it) then you would spend much less time speculating.

8. silverreef

silverreef Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

why 2026?

9. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

I know I started about 2.5 to 3 years with very small amounts for ALL My Cryptor about $50 per month for all since day one
    I used to see the small investments even lose for periods of time then even out a little
    I just had this what the heck -- Keep doing $50 ( it's really not a lot )
    & WTHeck a few years in ,I'm noticing ummm like values of $12,000 $4,000 $2,000 $800 $600 And More .
    Naturally I start to think why did I not go in a little harder .
    well I invest diverse and safe .
    So I have to except
    my core system .
    So BTW the $4,900 invested wedsday I sold Today at $5920
    At this time I have no DOGE & that is not set in stone .
    Waiting and watching .

10. cascadia

cascadia New Member

"So BTW the $4,900 invested wedsday I sold Today at $5920"

awesome, what is your total profit after fees and taxes? it sounds like you are more of a day trader, not my game but good luck to you!

11. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

The fees with Robinhood must be something that can't be figured but they say none
    The Taxes I have not considered yet I know little of the rules of that My accountant will tell me
    I have to assume 20/25%
    Wile I know it's Non Reality but seems kind of unfair when a person can invest per month an amount not
    more the a persons casual coffee and a muffin for the month . You know you do some simple
    investment with someone's Piss money amount ( a pathetic amount ) and now I will owe
    when all I want to do is develop a future with a little comfort

12. cascadia

cascadia New Member

I feel you on the comfortable future, that makes sense. Does Robin Hood charge a fee when you cash out and transfer fiat to your bank account?

13. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

I have found transfers of Fiat In & cash back to your account are FAST & never a fee , Last summer I needed some cash to pay home taxes
    and sold off some winners next day cash was in my CK Account to use .Wile I have sold silver and gold off to pay bills
    (glad I had it) regardless for me there is permanent regret & I wish I had every ounce I sold .
    Yet stocks for me I sold and replaced .
    BACK to the FEES
    Robinhood has 13 million users they do make interest on money, mine & others in limbo till use
    On a buy and sell don't see a fee but that does not mean a little skim don't occur
    In the world of Fiat as it is our reality , Stock Via Robinhood has done well as a bank account for me
    ---------------------
    If I was to pass on a tip to any one not invested in the Fiat stock I developed portfolios NOT to day trade
    I buy and keep Many $10 $5 $20 $2 per week in others $50 to $100 per month some months ZERO
    After a few years results occur along the way & you can nurture and build like $25 per month in Telsa and in time
    you have 1.5 shares worth more then $700 so you get into it like Yeah & go stronger .
    If you build enough STOCKS like 300 and if you need money you have enough winners to pull from & rebuy later
    To borrow from ones self utilizing Fiat is better then credit cards / loans OR Pawn shop & as you rebuy
    you might get lucky and price is same or lower
    If rebuy is higher still better then credit cards / loans OR Pawn shop . we work for Fiat it's all very seamless
    Silver Gold once you sell it's sooo different you can rebuy to build back & be content of that .
    but silver is just not paper or digital Fiat once sold ITS GONE . It's a feeling you cant shake .