Dogecoin

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by ParanoidAndroid, Jan 29, 2021.

1. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

No, as opposed to my real estate, land, livestock, equipment and physical metals.

2. 66rounds

Stop right there.
    Did you mean NFT sneakers? :eek:

3. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You cant honestly expect me to believe you have none at all of bank, share or super holdings in a digital form.
    they are as much pixie dust in cyberspace as cryptos essentially...someone "flicks a switch" access to all gone.
    This is what I meant and I think you know that.
    If you are calling one thing "pixie dust in cyberspace" I feel you need to not dismiss/ignore the others rather than trying to demonize crypto alone

I am saddened that it was required I flesh that out for you.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  4. lurking

lurking Member

yep. I pretty open to all the crazy new financial ideas but sneakers is something I just don't see collecting or trading value in.

which have very high costs (but yeah defintely own these unencumbered before buying digital shiba dogs.)

66rounds likes this.
  5. 66rounds

Sorry for the trouble but you really didn't have to :rolleyes:
    I keep my bank balances below $<1k, have no stocks, and less than $5k super. Yes, there are still those of us out there that do not put much trust in magical pixie dust and prefer hard assets.

adze67 likes this.
  6. hawkeye1

hawkeye1 Active Member

I know. I'd like to capture a huge fall, like in single digit cents or less but realistically, I think I'm going to have to be satisfied with something in the 20's.

I do feel like mania around Doge is cooling off now though. But there's always the risk it will fire back up again.

7. hawkeye1

hawkeye1 Active Member

I don't think so. Bitcoin was around 200B or so only after guys like Michael Saylor had started to come in and I don't think anything like that will happen with Doge. When it comes to really big investors and institutions, they do their homework.

66rounds likes this.
  8. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Sure, market cap is an illusion, but especially in case of cryptos.
    I am saying this, because I believe DOGE's price can surge to 10 $.

It went a long way up to 0.01 $, then a 400x increase propelled it to 0.40 $.

Imagine 100x increase from 0.40 $. That's 4 $!

Because now DOGE has mainstream exposure. The pimpled-teenagers roaming on YouTube and social media channels are finding out about it and are treating DOGE "like the next big thing".

Bitcoin owners are now encouraged to sell their Bitcoins to buy DOGE. After they end up with a higher worth, they can go back to Bitcoin and buy more. Or, they can buy dollars instead (or any other major fiat currency).

DOGE is now getting mega exposure (including: +Elon Musk +Coinbase +Bloomberg etc.) promoting it openly. No-one cares about the "technicalities", this is what most people get wrong. It's about the financial value. If people buy it, the price goes up. Regardless of the complex infrastructure that other coins have behind them (e.g. Ethereum).

Sure, by the time DOGE reaches 10 $, Bitcoin will be worth well over 100,000 $.

Unless the tulip-bubble bursts long before :D

9. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

From https://99bitcoins.com/deadcoins/#nnbitcoins-deadcoins-list.

Page 4 - Asstoken, you could use ASS to create FARTS, then lock these FARTS in someone's wallet. To cleanse their wallet of FARTS, the "victims" would have to stake ASS tokens to create STANK tokens. The user would then burn 1 STANK token for every FART token eliminated.

https://asstoken.club

Page 6 - Beavercoin. I couldn't find any info on it when I did a Duck Duck Go web search, then I did a google images search and found some pretty interesting stuff. :D

Page - 18 Dick Pic Coin, again no info from a Duck Duck Go web search, after my Beavercoin experience there was no way I was going to do a google image search though. :eek:

And yes there was a token named after that other bit. You know the bit. You'll find it on page 16. I reckon a search would throw up pretty similar results to Beavercoin.

SilverSurfer77 likes this.
  10. hawkeye1

hawkeye1 Active Member

I'm out of my Doge position. Made some money, but I just don't have the nerve for shorting.

If I see another obvious blow-off top I might consider doing it again but shorting, in general, just isn't much fun.

At least picked up a few extra sats for free.

11. hawkeye1

hawkeye1 Active Member

Damn, it's 21 cents now. I dropped out at 27.

12. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Trading these is like running into a burning building and seeing how long you can hold your breath picking up money of the ground and getting out again. Your greed will determine your suffering.

13. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

you would be sitting pretty off this short right now, congrats on a smart move.

hawkeye1 likes this.
  14. lurking

lurking Member

Doge is an old coin. I strongly suspect it's been used to move billions across borders at near zero cost knowing its very low risk with no leader, no development and it's not a legal security.

The teens will be mostly in new coins with high risk leadership, shady developers and legal securities so off limits to billionaires and boards.

15. hawkeye1

hawkeye1 Active Member

I think you are too kind. Far too much luck involved for me to try it again honestly.

Jason1 likes this.
  16. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

probs not really luck, its decline after a huge pump was a certainty. You picked it so well done

hawkeye1 likes this.
  17. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

All cryptos do that. This is why I'm not a believer. It's just a mental game. If you have the nerves...

18. lurking

lurking Member

I've probably read it a thousand times but much of criticism leveled at crypto might equally be leveled at stonks

(fundamentals and value investing is pretty much dead and its been mostly a greater fool speculators market since 2008)

Jason1 likes this.
  19. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

And?

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  20. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

that is very true, fundamentals go out the window these days.
    There has certainly been a large rise in the all in, high risk in hopes of big rewards style trading, as long as people know when to bail, because they can go from poor to rich back to poor just as quick.
    thats the hard part for the guy on the street playing that game. know when to get out while they are ahead,
    harder than it sounds especially when people think the ride is going to keep on going, or forever chasing the extra $1.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021