Silver Charting and Silver TA Chat

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Azure, Jun 24, 2012.

1. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Interesting opinion re: chart being manipulated.... but I disagree.
    The chart doesn't define the market, it merely gives a visual representation of the buyer and seller action in the market after it has happened. It is lagging and follows the market. It is what the market has already defined, and thus isn't subject to being manipulated.
    Price defines the market, and is thus vulnerable to manipulation.

Azure likes this.
  2. Azure

Azure Active Member Silver Stacker

The previous attached large chart data was gathered and compiled back in 2012 and updated about 1x a year until October 2015. The data from then to now is all new.

It would be very interesting to see if attempting to recompile the data from my source again from scratch (instead of just appending to the end) shows any historical price data differences, as if the historical records of prices had been changed in the data source... but from the limited overlap I saw from the layers when compositing, the overlap duration from May through October was off by only up to 1 pixel (due to scaling and rendering of bars without anti-aliasing.) so I think that is fine.

In order to manipulate the market tho, WRCMAD is correct... it MUST move the PRICE... that kind of manipulation means cutting through all the stops and limits in the system while facilitating trades...

... rest of rant redacted { Friday drinks o_O } ...

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021