Usama Bin Landen is dead. How will this effect Silver short-term?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by lookingaround, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coins4me

Coins4me New Member Silver Stacker

Why would we do this with his body, parading it around the streets or propped up at Bernies? This would make us no better than the Islamic Radicals that tote or drag dead soldiers from many of our countries around when losing their lives fighting radicals around the world. I am sure many of these soldiers do not agree with the wars they are sent to fight in, but they stand for their country all the same. I am amazed at the hatred I am reading in some of these forums for Americans. We are not all in agreement with the way this country is being run...we see the light at the end of the tunnel, hence buying pm's to help us through the end times. Most of us are nice, charitable, generous, God fearing, bible reading people...We know how the story ends. I am trying to understand the point of views being propelled here with anger and hate. I can assure you, if the attack on 9/11 had happened in your country, I would be relieved that the families of the dead would finally have justice and a bit of closure for their pain of ten long years. I love this site...have learned much from the stackers here..but, I can say the way Americans are being bunched together in one lot as evil people has taken me aback and I am stunned. I would expect it from certain other factions around the world...but never expected it from, what I consider normal everyday people such as I, from Australian. I have decided I am a bit naive and further studies are needed for me to understand it all. God Bless All......Dee

2. lookingaround

lookingaround New Member

Hi Dee, I cannot speak for other but I personally do not hate Americans, nor have any anger against them. I have some family in NY and San Fan myself.

Perhaps some of the comments are directed not against the American people, but against certain individuals and shadowy figures within the US government?

3. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

My theory, i think it got lost in the other thread

4. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Coins4Me - it appears I have been misconstrued.
    I am surprised that the USA did not do a 'Saddam Hussein scared old man in a hole in the ground' type image' for the media, and did not present the world with a coffin, shroud or whatever. I'm not suggesting piano wire and a nearby telegraph pole. Nor am I suggesting any of what you imply in the rest of your reply. My sister is married to an American guy, I've visited heaps, I think the people are, like all people, at heart good. Their leaders not so. Their rulers far from it.
    The Breakfast at Bernies image was comedic in my mind's eye. I wasn't suggesting it as a preferred solution to the remains.
    My apologies if my political comment inadvertently offended you.

5. Mosh

Mosh New Member

YES
    we were all offended,
    and US EMPIRE learnt their mistakes from Huessain
    episode
    and thus
    they used the Osama media charade
    for maximum stars & strpes exposure
    &
    even the more so
    with a muslim-fathered president of the USA
    So convenient
    And what has this to do with PM's ?

6. Mosh

Mosh New Member

The only company
    goodwill USD commands
    is the USD's military backing thus yester's Baruch/osama
    media circus .
    Gold &'Silver does not care!

7. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

Well if Australians hate Americans, then something is obviously wrong with your foreign policy. @_@

Here's an example >_>:
    Bruce Aussie and his missus get treated like terrorists and frisked by your TSA officers when they arrive for a summer vacation.
    Their faces are photographed and their finger prints taken.
    They also must PAY to waive their rights before entering the country!
    How ridiculous is that?!

At the end, it's not YOUR fault. It's your governments fault.
    I can recognise that.

As you say, you'd expect it from other factions, I'm sure those being the ones your government promotes as dangerous to the world.
    But you probably wouldn't expect it from "allied", 1st world countries such as Australia or England.

There is a lot of rational thinking that sees the American government as the world bully.
    It is not just the "crazy", "extremist", lower socio-economic people that see America as a problem, but also the educated people with higher socio-economic backgrounds.

The degree of hatred varies.
    I can say I hate the American government, but I don't hate all Americans.
    I don't even like the Australian government, especially when they sight the excuse "It's been successfully done in America".
    I also hate greedy executives of major corporations who go against the national interest and screw people over.

The American government hasn't made you guys look good, and in many cases, the Australian government has done the same to us.
    I'm sure people in East Timor would have a very distastful opinion of us.

When I see our prime minister kissing Americas butt I'm angry at her rather than America.
    But at the same time, I believe America doesn't deserve to have its butt kissed (nor does Australia).

Our governments shake hands "for the picture" while in the background play with our rights and lives.
    Not just Australia and USA, but all other countries.

Edit: I believe countries should fix their own backyards before going out and "fixing" others. Also, I'd rather support my local economy, since I'm anti-globalisation - as futile as it may be. :/

8. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

This thread is also done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.