Dogecoin

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by ParanoidAndroid, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

A mate of mine Whos done really good from cryptos, keeps mentioning Reef, and Ive heard a few other people talking about it. something todo with the DeFi initiative – Unifarm
    My time with cryptos is well and truely over but thought maybe others are interested in an new entry coin for a bit of a punt.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    heartastack and 66rounds like this.
  2. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Right...

I imagine, he first invested a lot in DOGE, then opened his frog mouth. Self-induced price spike.

Imagine the power: you own an asset and decide to speak about it for the sole purpose of increasing its price. Not even hookers can do that. The market sets the price. :D

But Elon Musk, Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos and George Soros can do that. If the greyhound opens his mouth, the dumb masses will follow. Sheep. But it's good for business.

All Jeff Bezos has to do to double his fortune is to launch a speech about DOGE just after having bought up 25 % of the coins in existence. Then all he has to do is to keep selling them at a higher price, when the "wave" of Kiyosakis
    come in to buy along with millennials and green-eared youth who live on social media and have no idea what real work is.

66rounds and sgbuyer like this.
  3. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

sounds a lot how the equitites market works, have you been watching cnbc?

adze67 likes this.
  4. TreasureHunter

Nope, I never watch CNBC :D

5. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

just replace doge with stocks and listen to all those guys pump their bags to whichever media outlet will print/broadcast. schiff has been doing it for gold for ages.

BuggedOut and TreasureHunter like this.
  6. TreasureHunter

Schiff has to pump gold, he has a vested interest.

But one could also way it's true the other way around: he knows it's a good asset, therefore he built and empire on it.

I wonder what personal fortune he has.

7. TreasureHunter

Elon Musk has just slammed another Tweet down - this time igniting a sell-off:

[​IMG]

8. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Elon is intoxicated by his influence. And good for him.

I see no reason why he should be villified for his tweets about anything but Tesla, since there are SEC rules about insider trading.

The way I see it, equal number of people make money or lose moeny due directly to his tweets but those same people will likely had made money or lost money regardless on some other bright idea.

9. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Now snowstorms so everyone hiding at home playing with imaginary coins and imaginary stocks (Tesla). If I’m Elon, I’ll be intoxicating myself because the end is near. His tweets will get more and more erratic. Follow at your peril!

10. TreasureHunter

I don't know why people love him, he's "just a guy" with a lot of money. I have the feeling that his empire has very little to do with his brain fuctions.

He is not a genius. To say it softly.

Jason1 and 66rounds like this.
  11. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I never liked the guy.. never hated him or anything but yeah just a bit of a 'meh' successful guy whose pretty clever and driven by a love of pop-science. Definitely not the god-man-genius-savior-of-mankind so many people seem to think him to be. I mean, some of the stuff he's said/tweeted is as cringe-worthy as Trump.
    But then, if it's not religion people tend to fill these gaps somewhere else and he seems to fill that gap for a lot of people who need a Jesus figure to maintain their hope in humanity. Better than BLM, I'll give him that...

Jason1 and 66rounds like this.
  12. Brendio

Brendio Active Member

whay likes this.
  13. TreasureHunter

^
    I'm afraid they're just as dodgy as the real DOGE itself. Unreliable. Stay with the ones you know are genuine.

Let alone, it looks hilarious with that dog on it.

14. whay

whay Well-Known Member

15. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

wow, price dropped to 5 cents? lucky me i didn't buy last week. would have become a pump and dump victim. :D

16. TreasureHunter

You would have become "pumpkin" after Elon Musk's latest "negative" comment about Dogecoin.

If someone would launch Dogecoin on a platform (for use for tips, for example), then it would grow bigger.

I think it has the potential to reach 1 $, considering the growth so far.

17. TreasureHunter

Strong possibility that Dogecoin can (not will) reach 1 $ - simple math (the naive, but realistic logic):

Price in Jan. 2020: 0.0021 $
    Price in Jan. 2021: 0.0759 $

The increase after 1 year is 36+X.

Imagine the same increase (36x) again from the 0.0759 $ value: 2.732 $

But, basically a 13x increase would be enough to hit the 1 $ value.

I think Doge has become more known and more traded due to the "vibe" generated recently (including by mainstream media, which the everyone reads).
    Phone-based debt card platform Revolut also allows the purchase of crypto - and average people can also buy.

I honestly never tried this and I wouldn't trust Doge. It's dodgy. But this bubble is about to be blown bigger.

18. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

that looks like he is testing his power on a coin he doesnt own, see how it works in the future on a coin he does own, I guess

its crazy how much the anti elite left love the number one elite and hang on everything he says lol

hawkeye1, 66rounds and heartastack like this.
  19. Joe King 79

Joe King 79 Member

20. hawkeye1

hawkeye1 Active Member

Let's look at Market Cap and Supply rather than just price. The supply of Dogecoin for example is currently 113 Billion as compared to Bitcoins 21 Million. You can get any coin to a reasonable amount through retail investor stupidity, but once it gets to a certain Market Cap you really need a strong story and institutional buy-in to start pushing it further. Market Cap is currently 7 Billion. A 13 X needs 13 times more money to flow into Dogecoin than is currently already there. To get to 96 billion.

Dogecoin has a cute dog symbol and that's it. There's no more to it than that. It's pure marketing and no substance. A clone of Bitcoin (one of thousands) and nothing more. How long until people get bored and move on to the next meme?

Not saying I am right but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it had topped. Let's say Musk starts pumping it again, what percentage of people who bought before are going to be fooled twice? I think he knows this and won't bother again. I tend to think for him, it was either a social experiment or just something for his own amusement. To see if he could.

Musk either bought and sold Dogecoin OR he never bought any in the first place. I like Musk in general, I think he is very smart and doing a lot of good work, but I don't even follow his twitter and I certainly don't take everything he says seriously.

66rounds likes this.