Silver Stacking for women on here

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Meg, Feb 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meg

Meg Guest

I've chosen to delete this.. the misogyny is strong here!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2021
  2. Meg

Meg Guest

So.. I pay him almost a 14oz premium for his run of the mill silver... Hmmmm sounds like a great deal to me

3. Silverbandit007

Silverbandit007 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It is called negotiation, I hate this bullshit when people claim it is because I am female or different races etc. grow up. A lot of people negotiate on here between female and males, males to males, older to younger vice versa.
    If you don’t like the offer counter offer or say no thanks and move on, don’t claim a male is trying to rip you off because you are female.

4. Meg

Meg Guest

Another woman hater rears his head

5. Silverbandit007

Silverbandit007 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You are just another person that should be banned from the site. Obviously can’t read well or comprehend English.

Steveno and adze67 like this.
  6. Meg

Meg Guest

I should be banned? Hahaha so my PM's consist of abuse.. offers that would insult even the greenest stacker and because I call it out, I should be banned? That's real good logic ya got going there champ.

7. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

Can i ask what part stood out that made you think lowballing on this occasion was because of sexism? im legitimately wondering?
    Was something said or is it an assumption?

if its sex based abuse in pm’s should out the person to admin, and if they are not willing to act on it which would be a surprise, then screen shot the entire convo and post it here. its hard to come to a conclusion by what was posted above.

think if it was blatant sexist attacks via pm, i doubt many people woukd think thats ok. But lowballing happens to all of us.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    forgedinfire likes this.
  8. Meg

Meg Guest

Because of all the offering, the only offers that weren't like this we're from other women. With the exception of 1 kind old gentleman!

adze67 likes this.
  9. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

I dont know thats hard to gauge, ive had things for sale and ive had 20 shitty offers before i got good reasonable offers. Might be more the case that the blokes here are just cheap arses, and not so much about it being directed at you because your a woman but more todo with them just being cheap arses, just a thought.

if they are sending you unprovoked abuse saying its because your a woman well then its clear its sexism and not because they are cheap bastards

Meg likes this.
  10. Meg

Meg Guest

Lol definitely that

11. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

definately because they are cheap arses? or definitely sexism?

The example above looks like a classic case of lowballing which we all deal with.
    Unless they send abuse or you can read some ones mind, it would be impossible to gauge if their motivation for lowballing was because they are cheap arses or because your a woman.

could also have todo with you having zero trading history, often members think that is a good excuse to lowball and try fora better deal as the risk is higher. I had that problem my self on my first few trades.

But if its abuse with the lowball offer, well then yer the chances its todo with your sex is a bit more clear cut and should be called out and reported to admin. so was there more to it than what is shown above?

12. Jamie watson

Jamie watson Well-Known Member

Ok to clarify one thing for you meg,there are some poor excuses for humanbeingon this forum,i have personaly experienced such people and ignorance.so whatever your feeling,says more about them and less about you.in saying that this place is overwhelmingly filled with great polite and kind people,who although kind,can be tough negoitiators.thats the name of the game.just put the negative posters,on your ignore list.problem solved,just as one would do in everyday .cheers

13. LiverBird

LiverBird Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So you're claiming sexism because you've received low ball offers? Am I missing something here?

14. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

essentially that seems tobe the case, as there wasnt anything shown of abuse in the screen shot that was shown in the original post before it was deleted by the op. it just showed a low ball offer. If there was more to it, well that wasnt posted. So not much togo by other than some one not happy with a bad offer, which we all get, we all get a bunch of shitty offers before we get a good one.

Calling sexism for the hell of it can sadly create a boy who cried wolf situation. IMO.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    Steveno, STKR, adze67 and 2 others like this.
  15. Number 47

Number 47 Well-Known Member

Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean that they are being sexist, it simply means that they don't agree with you.

My personal observations on this and other forums is that generally speaking women are treated equally well or better than men, most males seem to tiptoe around females to avoid the sexism card being pulled.
    Personally I treat everyone as an equal,I don't see a need to treat anyone differently.

As far as politeness goes, its something that is sustained by both parties by remaining mutually polite, you can't expect someone to remain polite just because your female if you jump down their throat.

There are several other women here on this forum who operate without a problem, they are able to debate and negotiate without a problem.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  16. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Sexism card is no different from the racist card played by the democrats in the USA. It’s how the elites suppress the society to dominate. No different from depotism.

Steveno, STKR, adze67 and 1 other person like this.
  17. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Leftism stuffs everything!

18. STC

STC Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Is some man hating going on?

forgedinfire, STKR, Number 47 and 2 others like this.
  19. GoldenEye

GoldenEye Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm not sure what the problem is, as we all get offers we don't like. Most of us can just say "no thanks", and that's it. I can't see why someone would have a problem with this?

forgedinfire, Steveno, STKR and 2 others like this.
  20. Number 47

Number 47 Well-Known Member

forgedinfire, GoldenEye, STC and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.