This time its different. Silver to $40+

Discussion in 'Silver' started by President Trump, Jun 23, 2020.

1. LiverBird

LiverBird Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

2. President Trump

President Trump Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Ha ha. Have you looked at Reddit. The GameStop guys want a short squeeze. They’re playing the Feds game; talk about what you are going to do and get the market to front run you. Everything from the original post is still true but now we have an additional driver. Silver’s set up for a big rise.

3. Golden Stash

Golden Stash Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

4. Golden Stash

Golden Stash Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Gold and platinum have bounced too in the last few hours .

5. hardyakkagold

hardyakkagold Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The tragics over on silver doctors are already forecasting $350 per ounce silver in early February as a result of all this:D

I am glad that I don't visit that site very often anymore ( it used to do my head in with the constant silver thumping )

I would be satisfied to see $50 silver in the not too distant future never mind $350, I think there is as much chance of that happening
    as my aunty growing a pair and turning into my uncle:p

6. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Silver isn't the only thing that that SpinDoctors are constantly thumping.... the other item copping a thumping involves their hand as well.
    However, after watching the $GME story unfold closely this week, I would hesitate to underestimate the power of this reddit movement. AND I LOVE IT!!!
    The difference I see in silver is the supply - GME was way oversubscribed on the short side and unwinding under the circumstances was near impossible - I don't see this same set up with silver supply limitations vs shorts.

7. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

get your duck ready, heavy rains keep coming in before silver move higher
    Scrooge is taken

8. STKR

STKR Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Tucker on a mission

9. jultorsk

jultorsk Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

10. BlackSheep

BlackSheep Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

jultorsk and STKR like this.
  11. STKR

STKR Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

LOL

66rounds likes this.
  12. jultorsk

To Portnoy's quip about RobinHood robbing the poor to pay the rich... some very interesting commentary re. RH on ZH. Looking forward to their IPO... :confused:
    https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/cash-strapped-robinhood-scrambles-raise-1-billion-rich
    --
    I was musing over what 'ownership' of a share really means.

What it should mean is that there is a central register somewhere, and if you own a share your name should be on it as the owner. A good example of this is the bitcoin ledger. If your id is on the ledger, then you own it.

Now I am guessing that the way that things work with Robin Hood is that they normally buy shares, put their name on the ledger. Then they have their own ledger to record which of the customers really owns the shares. In this paradigm the customer's name isnt on the central ledger.

There are some benefits in this approach, but there can be a big problem if RH were then to sell shares on their own ledger that isnt backed up by shares on the central ledger. I dont think I am guessing too hard to say RH have done this, and gone short. Normally perhaps not a problem, but with all of the trades going one way, I suspect RH has a ledger saying that they have X shares that they owe to customers and this number is vastly less than the Y shares that the central ledger says that they own. Hence RH now need huge amounts of money to make good on their commitments. Of course they cant make good because there are not enough shares out there to do this as all of the retards are holding the line and buying the dips.

If I am right in my description above, the whole system needs to be reformed. Every customer who buys a share should have their name and only their name on the central register. That way you cant get into this mess. When it all goes down, huge numbers of people who have RH accounts and think that they have shares will find that they have been Corzined.
    --
    It's completely true. How can Robinhood legally sell 0.001 shares of IBM? You can't. But you can make a derivative representation of IBM and let your clients buy that. Read their contract fine print it will be there.

If they bought IBM 1:1 at the ratio to the derivative fine, but where do they make their money then if their commission free trading revenue is 0? Order flow? Nada

But instead since your client pool only owns ghost shares traded against YOU the brokerage that never made it to the exchange - if you lock them out on deep red futures days ahead of open they are trapped and cannot get out. Finally when the market is done dropping take the lock off and your client base sells their ghost share back to you at the loss. You keep the arb, and cannot wait to offer more kids commission free phone 'trading.' The return is guaranteed because the futures will show you ahead of the open call your IT head and order the lockout. It's a money printing business model.

Its the same trick used by the old offshore FOREX bucket shops. Their located in foreign third party countries with fourth country registries for a reason and make dozens of fake five star websites. They make sure to always return only your principle (no matter how much you make) if you win thus no legal loss or lawsuit can move forward against them. But they also know the odds of you loosing your money is about 85% and that they keep because you never really owned the CFD, just a ledger in their computer.

Robinhood won't survive six months. If you want your capital out of them do so very shortly.
    --
    RH was fractionally reserving shares and making $$ off the T+2 day float. Works well for churn. Burns their backsides for 1 way ticker. Burns the house down when its a 1 way moonshot.

The fact so many other discount "brokers" halted too shows how this is standard operating procedure for the discounts.

Threatened the entire discount market. This wasn't just a few hedge funds blowing up, it is the system itself.

Run the numbers using the explanation above. Astounding number of fractional shares, just for RH.
    --
    Order flow is small potatoes. It's a tri-strategy ripoff program:
    • Yes sell order-flow for HFT front runs. TD rumored to make $140 million a year selling there's off.
    • Orders will not fill unless a penny above ask and will not sell unless a penny below bid. On a dollar stock a round-trip is 4% * 2 or 8% return on the trade. Kids in and out dozens of times a day that tiny arb adds up super fast.
    • Ghost shares. How do you legally sell 0.001 of a stock. You can't you have to legally make a derivative representation of the stock that your clients then buy. Don't forward the ghost share to market and keep your clients in your dark pool. On red futures days lock them out from selling and trap their ghost share forcing them to sell at the loss. Keep the arb.

sammysilver and 66rounds like this.
  13. jultorsk

Chuckled myself about that exact line as well :D

14. alor

too much Fullmetal Alchemist
    crayon-eating homunculus = is the paper the cartoon is drawn on

15. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It gets deeper than that. The entire concept of share holding has been moved from partnership to speculation thanks to commercial law, whereby companies are legally anthropomorphisms, like a living entity except for one thing. A person is legally obliged to pay back a debt or suffer the repurcussions. What are the repurcussions for a company? They wind up and start again. Same directors new name. This is the core issue at the heart of crony capitalism. Those directors who play by the rules get left behind whilst those who break the law are not held to account when the company later goes bankrupt for legal issues. If shareholders and directors were made legally liable for a company, you wouldn't have all this non productive speculation in the market.

jultorsk likes this.
  16. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Haha funny shit! More balls than me for sure.

jultorsk and 66rounds like this.
  17. alor

shares -> silver
    apply the word swap

18. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

19. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Be ready to buy a few shares of SLV tomorrow in case it goes to $600 Haha.

20. Tokyo

Tokyo Active Member

Right market opens just for slv