If you are preaching $US15,000 gold spot, why aren't you all in?

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Aurora et luna, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Aurora et luna

Aurora et luna Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Jim Rickards has been promoting $US15,000 gold spot ad nauseam in every interview, in his books and on his paid newsletter subscription and yet he recommends at most that you only invest 5 - 20% of your assets in gold.
    I understand asset diversification however if you really believe what you are preaching, why not recommend 50% or more?
    Okay, I know gold and silver are very volatile, however having 6 - 12 months in cash as a backup should be enough to ensure that you don't need to sell your precious metals during a prolonged dip!

2. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Jims ties with the alphabet boys are enough to tell me to pay him no mind. You see, there are people out there who seemingly preach the "truth" but do so for personal gain or profit. Any "truth" they may preach is like a poisoned chalice mixed with so much falsehood that you end up chasing your own tail.

Jim Rickards is the monetary economics equivalent of Alex Jones.

3. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

"New" as in they changed the cover but the drivel inside is microwaved leftovers of his other books

heartastack likes this.
  4. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Jim should do a book on how to leverage a meeting with the CIA into a lifelong career.