Dread - Despair - Denial. Short stacker.

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Skunny, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Silver is Money

Silver is Money Member Silver Stacker

Clawhammer you crack me up :D

This matrix is way better...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK3pItWjvuI[/youtube]

2. sammich

sammich New Member

how come gold fell from like 1000 to almost 700 during the GFC?
    should we expect gold to drop again if GFC II hits?

3. Randomz

Randomz New Member

People had to sell their stash to avoid bankruptcy.
    My guess is that the next time around, there won't be anywhere near as much gold under leverage so nowhere near as big a drop.

But I might be wrong! :lol:

4. Forge

Forge Member

Want to compare that to how much silver dropped?

Also, GFC part I was a banking problem. GFC part II is a sovereign problem. Different problem, different response.

But yes, it wouldn't surprise me if the first move for gold is down in part II.

5. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

I don't have time right now to explain in detail, but pm stocks are very different from regular stocks. During the 1930s pm stocks did better than virtually any other investment assets. Earlier this year, I believe I was about 50-50 between pm stocks and physical pms. Even though I have added to the total physical pms since without adding any funds to the pm stocks, the ratio is now closer to 65% pm stocks - 35% physical pms. In fact the funds from my large Sept 3rd physical pm buy came out of my pm stock account. I went back and checked my accounts starting with Sept 1st. During the last 3 & 1/2 months, I have made over $150k on my pm stocks. That is also most of my stock gains for the year. I am not a millionaire and this amount is a substantial increase in my net worth. While I am sure that I have done well in my physical pms, they have not performed anything like my pm stocks have. Everyone saw how badly pm stocks got hammered in 2008, so they are risky. But for my money, the best pm stocks are not much more risky than physical pms and they can have tremendous returns. There are dangers in the stock market, but it will have to crash in spite of Bubbles Bernanke printing money to buy stocks. He has publicly stated that he will support the stock market in 2011. 2011 will be an interesting year.

6. personhead

personhead New Member

by pm stocks you mean SLV/GLD ?

7. Forge

Forge Member

No, mining and possibly refining stocks.

SLV and GLD are paper ETF's that may or may not have any / much metal backing them.

8. Skunny

Skunny New Member

Thanks so much for the encouragement guys!

I'll keep learning.

I'll be lurking on these boards and pop my head up when i've got questions.

I feel a lot better now than last night lol. I guess at 23 it is all good.

I hope the system doesn't collapse too quick for me.

Beware, i'm lurking all of your threads.

Adam

9. donpaulo

donpaulo New Member

I think to a degree you have joined the lucky ones

assume 10% of the folks out there have seen what is going on in the financial situation

then of those 10%, maybe 10% have actually gone and done something about it by buying PM

my guess is that 10% of those folks have actually taken physical metals into their possession

then 10% of those folks have found there way to places like silver stackers where they can communicate, discuss as well as compare and contrast the issues we see as plain as day.

thats alot of 10% hits

10. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

Well Skunny, buy silver and practice bankruptcy law. If the economy is going well your silver will fly and if the economy goes bad you will have lots of work :)

11. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

If you were asking me, the answer is definitely not. I do not trust SLV/GLD. My main pm stocks are OGC.TO, FR.TO, GORO.OB, MAI.TO, & SLW. I posted the percentages of my portfolio for each within the last week. My only non commodity stock is MNKD, which has been moving the last few days. I am hoping its inhalable insulin product (Afrezza) is approved by the FDA by the end of the year.

12. ppier

ppier Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

10 years on and in the middle of a pandemic, I often wonder how things pan out for people at an individual level

13. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Since then.. hmm.. Volatility, MMT and Bitcoin have changed the scene a bit. People probably realising the importance of a balanced portfolio (volatility) etc.
    Stacking was very ‘crash’ focused. Everyone was expecting a major crash and re-rate. I don’t think people are as focused on that now.

14. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Welcome Skunny, sounds like you're on the right track so keep at it. Congratulations to you for seeing the light.
    We all had to go through lessons of varying degrees so dont be hard on yourself. Theres a reason it's not taught in school haha.

This forum is awesome so soak up as much as you want.
    We all have our opinions and views on things but everyone has to find their own truth and their own way. It's a little different strategy for everyone.

Dont ever worry about being too heavy into gold or silver, it's not even a thing. If you have more metals than you can carry then you can hire someone to carry it for you, damn straight.
    It's the single best and safest way to store wealth long term hands down without competition risk free period.

I'm almost 50, had to start over once in my life losing everything to stupid choices I've made. With what I've learned since then my life has never been better or more stress free than it is now.
    It's been a game changer for me and I hope the adventure is good for you too.

Sometimes the rabbit hole can be a real bummer and can be downright depressing so dont let it get to you.
    Redirect those feelings into stacking furiously and although the future looks bleak, yours doesnt have to be.

15. ppier

ppier Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Old mate @Skunny joined Dec 14 2010 and last visited forum Dec 16 2010.
    Wise words nonetheless.

heartastack likes this.
  16. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Figures. By those dates he might have bought at the highs and hates silver now haha.

66rounds likes this.
  17. rainy day

rainy day Active Member

Hi,

go to you tube, watch all the financial videos by peter schiff, i love prosperity, kitco, max kaiser, subscribe and do that for a while. We the people have been fiscally responsible, but the government has ruined everything. They hate gold, silver because it used to constrain them, keep them small and in tune with nature. the government in australia should be existing on a budget of about sweet fa, there are over 1000 seperate department in qld gov. they are a cancer, the biggest issue in the world. but we the people are stronger and bigger than them. and we will burst silver out!
    keep on your path, silver may or may not be a good investment, get a job, do your degree, work hard.

Billybob likes this.