IT BEGINS !!

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by SilverSale, Dec 22, 2019.

1. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Shaky case I’ve read. Yes, it was on a FB group though.

2. screaming eagle

screaming eagle Active Member Silver Stacker

Tron was once a top 10 coin, now drifting out of the top 20. Same could happen to Ripple. The fact that the SEC has charged Ripple executives personally, is quite interesting. They've cited a lot of company documentation to support claims of securities selling and to prove the company knew what it is doing. Whether the case is shaky or not, the delisting might be the death blow because if you can't trade it for anything then it becomes worthless.

Top trolling Midas, if you were

willrocks likes this.
  3. Midastouchofgold

Midastouchofgold Active Member Silver Stacker

4. nicotineandcaffeine

nicotineandcaffeine Active Member

For the next 6 -12 months ETH is facing headwinds from being the host of so many unregistered securities. I'm sure ETHUSD rises in the longt errm but ETHBTC might keep losing ground.

It was obviously a security and the SEC have a very easy case against a Californian company. It's stone cold dead. Not even worth shorting.

5. aussiesilver

aussiesilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My Quote

It was obviously a currency and the SEC had a very hard case against a Californian company. It's luke warm hot. Its definitely worth shorting

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  6. nicotineandcaffeine

Having followed the Ripple/XRP saga for 5 or more years the only surprises to me are why did Ripple bother with XRP (they have a good product that didn't need XRP) and why Ripple was allowed to get as far as it did (rhetorical q. I know the answer is in public servant lawyers kept on been employed by Ripple)

7. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

down 15% today and 50% this week, a shorters dream :) why people put their faith in centralised dog shite is beyond me.

8. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^ how about writing a thread on how to short for the uninitiated ? :);)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    66rounds likes this.
  9. Stoic Phoenix

So......where do you think we are now in the market cycle....when we had this sort of run a few year ago the wheels fell off around new years.
    Would love a response with a WHY AND NO hacking on others opinions if they differ to yours on this topic.
    This post is aimed at no one in particular but to the hive mind of stackers that also do crypto

My 2 cents worth is we are not at belief yet but are past optimism- I dont hear people in the street talking about this like in November 2017.....yet!
    where are we.png

10. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

^^^^^ going by friends reactions who do cryptos, Id say they are between Thrill and Euphoria, Ive asked the question as to where they would sell and General consensus amongst my friends is some where between $100k-$150k, I just asked a few of them out of curiosity. Honestly I doubt they would even sell if it miraculously reached a $million they will always hold out for more IMO, even if it meant they could retire at 40 I still think they would hold out for another $1 and risk it all.
    One told me he wanted to get out as soon as he was a bit above even, as he was all in when it crashed in 2017 and was left holding, now he is saying $150k before he sells. So
    Besides the big guys I doubt to many crypto guys have an exit strategy or sell point which is similar to most stackers I imagine.
    the thinking they can always make a dollar more is the general principle.
    but its definitely going high right now, its interesting to watch.

I never take pleasure in watching some one get burnt financially so I hope People have a win and make a buck or two.

Stoic Phoenix likes this.
  11. Stoic Phoenix

Thats a good take Jason...I know a lot of crypto fans are just jizzing each morn when they awake for past month.

If you do not personally hold any @Jason1 I'd be interested in your take as someone looking in.
    Your mates - are they 20's/ 30's? (My guess by your take on their reaction)

Thanks for your input thus far

12. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

late 30's mostly.
    Im not playing the game this time.
    I played it late 2016 with just a few grand, It paid for a holiday once i cashed out. Didnt make it rich but achieved exactly what I wanted which was a gamble to fund a holiday, and didnt loose my arse like some did.I thought I sold early at the time ahaha, Until 3 weeks later I thankfully made the right decision.

I Do watch the crypto thing just so im in the know when friends start talking crypto stuff, I dont like being left out of conversations so make sure i keep informed on whats going on.

The bloke who said he would cash out when he gets a bit above even again almost lost his family when his wife almost left him because of it crashing in 2017, Im sort of shocked he hasnt sold yet as he is risking a bit more than just some money. He did almost put his family on the street last time, which I didnt know but his wife was telling my partner this only a week ago at a kids birthday party, I knew it hit them hard but I didnt know it hit him that hard.
    Like I said I hope they all do well from it. But not having an exit strategy is a bit dangerous. But they are adults so its upto them to figure out.

Ivykoin and Stoic Phoenix like this.
  13. Stoic Phoenix

^ A simply philisophy I follow ensures this can never happen ...."Never gamble more than you are prepared to lose".
    Its sad people go all in on this stuff and I hope he does the right thing by his family...money comes and goes like the tides

Ivykoin, 66rounds and Jason1 like this.
  14. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

Id say a large % of guys go all in on this stuff. When you see the stars in guys eyes when you talk about this stuff with them, you know they are all in or very close to it ahaha.
    Not many people I talk to about cryptos actually have an exit strategy and if they do the bar moves constantly, which is the same as not having one IMO.

I have no skin in the game so Im just talking from observation with no bias.

15. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So it’s the suckers pouring in phase

16. Stoic Phoenix

Good point - I fall in that category now BUT only because I have previously taken profits off the table and am now essentially freerolling - if they went to zero I would just say "Meh" and move on

Me either BUT I do hold some so I feel I look at it fairly unbiasedly, not as unbiased as you but not far off

Is that your feel or was that a question? I think we are still pre that but not much. Big Money has been moving in and layfolk for the most are yet to get wind.
    If you get the likes of Elon discussing it on twitter...theres the cusp...its a bit like that MacAfee self fellatio knob....when he started spouting off last time I got profits off the table

17. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

The institutional investors offer the possibility of a difference this time. If more of them get in then it’s unlikely that the price will crash as in previous cycles because they’ll be in it as a long term investment so will hold, furthermore they’re not going to be highly exposed.

MacAfee’s opinion is irrelevant now as he can’t influence institutional investors. Musk’s opinion is largely irrelevant at the moment as the institutional investors understand the asset class better than he does. If he does jump in then it’ll be because someone who is is better informed has explained the opportunity to him. Once he does enter the fray then it will be just as another investor, no big deal on its own merit, but newsworthy nonetheless.

So as far as the big money goes, I’d say we’re in the “hope to optimism” phase.

Edit to add: personally I didn’t go through the “capitulation to disbelief” phases.

18. Stoic Phoenix

Those stages are generally reserved for the ones that have done their balls....a mantle that does not sit on yours...or my shoulders.
    In fact it seems most stackers also doing crypto missed the capitulation to disbelief stage...older steadier heads?

CJ got bailed up by Bitconnect?

mmm....shiney! and 66rounds like this.
  19. nicotineandcaffeine

Musk is only trying to shift attention away from Tesla. Still no earnings from cars or batteries and its finance talking heads are shifting Tesla narrative again , this time to taxis.

I assume BTC is rising on vetoed stimulus check and gold/silver will follow in coming week? The 2017 bubble was literally a day after institutions came in and could short futures contracts. This time, at least til now, it is institutions long. Maybe later they go short.

Like @stoic I'm not selling (if I sell its only selling a blow off top US$29999? to buy lower). My principal investment was taken out.

20. BuggedOut

BuggedOut Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think we're at Belief on your chart.

We have institutional buying but no raging bull in the alt markets or obvious signs of herd mania.

sgbuyer and Stoic Phoenix like this.