2020 Collapse

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TreasureHunter, Dec 8, 2019.

1. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Looks like its $600 for the peons.
    Theres not much left by the time Trump and his buddies get done robbing the treasury but Americans shouldn't bitch about it.
    They can buy a helluva tent for that $600.

Seriously this is rediculous. Sending billions and billions overseas to other countries. Why cant they print their own money.

I didnt take the $1200 crumbs and I dont want this either.
    I've saved 10s of thousands by not paying income taxes over the years and its more than made up for it haha.
    Plus I dont have to feel like I'm financing any of this phukshow.

2. JohnnyBravo300

On the climate stuff....its just funny to think about millions of years of super volcanoes exploding with the force of 10,000 atomic bombs, but that wont change the climate.
    Explosions so big they cover the world with ash and block out the sun for years, from one single event, not to mention the mountain building events here in the Rockies where I live.

Nope just me and my little 2.2 litre subaru is gonna do it with the exploding force of a firecracker haha.

Bunch of total imbeciles and traitors. Doesnt take a scientist to have common sense.

3. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It’s funny that people are brainwashed by MSM. Just look at the smurf run states like NY and CA and you will know where the next 4 years will be heading. Just more hype and carrot dangling in front of the donkeys.

The trouble is all the money printing is going to guarantee that commodity inflation is going to rise and it will cost too much to build anything domestic, so they will send the money abroad to buy influence instead and probably spend on some new wars. More bang for the buck for the Obama and Bidens. Who knows, maybe he will also buy a Nobel Peace prize for himself?

People are so addicted to cheap imports that they don’t realise that your supplier can jack up the price or refuse to sell to you. Same like how Russia cut off China’s electricity supply in the midst of winter because the contracted rate is too low. Suppliers can refuse to sell to you, and they have the right to do that.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
    spannermonkey likes this.
  4. paruwka

paruwka Active Member

MSM is main stream because by and large it delivers mostly impartial reporting by qualified journalists. The news organizations in Canada, Australia and the USA all have processes in place to publicly provide corrections to articles when mistakes occur. By and large they also separate opinion pieces from reporting (yeah, Fox and CNN are both poor at this separation).

Some numbers on the smurf run states (and Texas) to consider -
    The economy of the State of California is the largest in the USA at $3.2 trillion in 2019. Population of 40.48 million.

The economy of the State of New York is $1.7 trillion in 2018 ranking third in size behind the larger U.S. states of California and Texas. Population of 19.4 million.

The economy of the State of Texas is the second largest by GDP in the United States after that of California.It has a gross state product of $1.887 trillion as of 2019. Population of 29.49 million.

In point of fact of the ten most economically wealthy states in the USA six have Democrat governors, the remaining four states have Republican governors.

Also, the ten states which scored worse on the ‘economic health’ ranking by wallethub are evenly split between a Republican and Democrat governors.

Once the far ends of both Republican and Democrat parties are excluded they actually share a middle ground. They have a difference in emphasis on how to best deliver government services but their overarching objectives are broadly similar.

(edit to include para on MSM)

sgbuyer likes this.
  5. sgbuyer

Best quote of this thread. :D

Davros10 likes this.
  6. jultorsk

jultorsk Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Remember the mostly impartial MSM reporting on the mostly peaceful riots... :D:p:D

Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 1.14.26 pm.png

Davros10 and heartastack like this.
  7. jultorsk

Six out of ten most indebted states are also Democrat Gov run. There's a reason why people and companies are leaving California, New York and Illinois - their public finances are bust and they will not be able to meet their pension promises to public servants.

Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 1.16.22 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 1.26.39 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 1.24.55 pm.png

8. sgbuyer

I try not to argue over this because people are not completely brain washed. I say it only as a sarcasm. It's just that they choose to believe what they want to believe in, because it's the easy way out. But there's no free lunch in this world. At the moment, they still need the dollar. The moment the dollar is no longer needed, which isn't very long, maybe 10 year's time? When that happens, all exports will stop. The service economy alone cannot survive without the hardware and supplies, and so GDP will plunge 90% within a year. Alor mentioned this and I agree with this view.

At this stage, there's no point to argue who is better, so it's better to just talk about the final end game, which isn't so far into the future.

9. JohnnyBravo300

The way things are in the us, it wont last 10 years.
    We will be out of workers to lay off in a few months i think.

10. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It looks like China can barely handle a tiff with Australia good luck fighting a war (no doubt one we will all be forced into).
    I’m guessing that countries will be forced to commit acts of war (it’s how it will be framed, anyway) to decouple from the reserve currency. What choice does USA have except to fight or lose everything. It will be a hard war to articulate.. probably resulting in a proto one-world government

11. sgbuyer

Merry X'mas. :D

12. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

[​IMG]

STKR likes this.
  13. jultorsk

Brexit deal done. Not perfect but a good result for UK. :cool:

Boris Johnson's press conference
    Boris Johnson is speaking now. He says he rejected extending the transition period amid the coronavirus pandemic as he did not want to add to uncertainty.

We have completed the biggest trade deal yet worth £166bn a year, a comprehensive Canada-style free trade deal with the EU, he says.

The deal will protect jobs, allow UK goods to be sold without tariffs and quotas in the EU market, allow companies to do even more business with Europe, he says.

Yet it achieves taking back control of our laws and our destiny, he says.

From 1 January, we are outside the customs union and single market, he says.

British laws will be made solely by the British parliament, interpreted by UK judges sitting in UK courts and the jurisdiction of the ECJ will come to an end, he says.
    (not the best commentary but no paywall https://www.theguardian.com/politic...uropean-union-boris-johnson-live-news-updates)

sgbuyer likes this.
  14. sgbuyer

Seen many YouTube commentary that don’t expect a deal. Maybe the new strain from the UK have scared the negotiators to quickly end the talks and get the paper work done. Looks like the situation is bad.

15. jultorsk

Boris Johnson:
    It is four and a half years since the British people voted to take back control of their money, their borders, their laws, and their waters and to leave the European Union.
    And earlier this year we fulfilled that promise and we left on Jan 31 with that oven-ready deal.
    Since that time we have been getting on with our agenda.
    Enacting the points based immigration system that you voted for and that will come into force on Jan 1.
    And doing free trade deals with 58 countries around the world.
    And preparing the new relationship with the EU.
    And there have been plenty of people who have told us that the challenges of the Covid pandemic have made this work impossible.
    And that we should extend the transition period.
    And incur yet more delay.
    And I rejected that approach precisely because beating Covid is our number one national priority and I wanted to end any extra uncertainty and to give this country the best possible chance of bouncing back strongly next year.
    And so I am very pleased that this afternoon that we have completed the biggest trade deal yet, worth £660 billion.
    A comprehensive Canada style free trade deal between the UK and the EU, a deal that will protect jobs across this country.
    A deal that will allow UK goods and components to be sold without tariffs and without quotas in the EU market.
    A deal which will if anything should allow our companies and our exporters to do even more business with our European friends.
    And yet which achieves something that the people of this country instinctively knew was doable.
    But which they were told was impossible.
    We have taken back control of laws and our destiny.
    We have taken back control of every jot and tittle of our regulation.
    In a way that is complete and unfettered.
    From Jan 1 we are outside the customs union, and outside the single market.
    British laws will be made solely by the British Parliament.
    Interpreted by UK judges sitting in UK courts.
    And the jurisdiction of the European Court of Justice will come to an end.
    We will be able to set our own standards, to innovate in the way that we want, to originate new frameworks for the sectors in which this country leads the world, from biosciences to financial services, artificial intelligence and beyond.
    We will be able to decide how and where we are going to stimulate new jobs and new hope.
    With freeports and new green industrial zones.
    We will be able to cherish our landscape and our environment in the way we choose.
    Backing our farmers and backing British food and agricultural production.
    And for the first time since 1973 we will be an independent coastal state with full control of our waters with the UK’s share of fish in our waters rising substantially from roughly half today to closer to 2/3 in five and a half years’ time after which there is no theoretical limit beyond those placed by science or conservation on the quantity of our own fish that we can fish in our waters.
    And to get ready for that moment those fishing communities we will be helped with a big £100m programme to modernise their fleets and the fish processing industry.
    And I want to stress that although of course the arguments with our European friends and partners were sometimes fierce this is, I believe a good deal for the whole of Europe and for our friends and partners as well.
    Because it will not be a bad thing for the EU to have a prosperous and dynamic and contented UK on your doorstep.
    And it will be a good thing – it will drive jobs and prosperity across the whole continent.
    And I don’t think it will be a bad thing if we in the UK do things differently, or a take a different approach to legislation.
    Because in so many ways our basic goals are the same.
    And in the context of this giant free trade zone that we’re jointly creating the stimulus of regulatory competition will I think benefit us both.
    And if one side believes it is somehow being unfairly undercut by the other, then subject to independent third party arbitration and provided the measures are proportionate, we can either of us decide – as sovereign equals - to protect our consumers.
    But this treaty explicitly envisages that such action should only happen infrequently and the concepts of uniformity and harmonisation are banished in favour of mutual respect and mutual recognition and free trade.
    And for squaring that circle, for finding the philosopher’s stone that’s enabled us to do this I want to thank President von der Leyen of the European Commission and our brilliant negotiators led by Lord Frost and Michel Barnier, on the EU side Stephanie Rousseau as well as Oliver Lewis, Tim Barrow, Lindsay Appleby and many others.
    Their work will be available for scrutiny, followed by a parliamentary vote I hope on Dec 30.
    This agreement, this deal above all means certainty.
    It means certainty for the aviation industry and the hauliers who have suffered so much in the Covid pandemic.
    It means certainty for the police and the border forces and the security services and all those that we rely on across Europe to keep us safe.
    It means certainty for our scientists who will be able to continue to work together on great collective projects.
    Because although we want the UK to be a science superpower, we also want to be a collaborative science superpower.
    And above all it means certainty for business from financial services to our world-leading manufacturers – our car industry – certainty for those working in high skilled jobs in firms and factories across the whole country.
    Because there will be no palisade of tariffs on Jan 1.
    And there will be no non-tariff barriers to trade.
    And instead there will be a giant free trade zone of which we will at once be a member.
    And at the same time be able to do our own free trade deals as one UK, whole and entire, England, NI, Scotland and Wales together.
    And I should stress this deal was done by a huge negotiating team from every part of the UK, and it will benefit every part of our United Kingdom, helping to unite and level up across the country.
    And so I say again directly to our EU friends and partners, I think this deal means a new stability and a new certainty in what has sometimes been a fractious and difficult relationship.
    We will be your friend, your ally, your supporter and indeed – never let it be forgotten – your number one market.
    Because although we have left the EU this country will remain culturally, emotionally, historically, strategically and geologically attached to Europe, not least through the four million EU nationals who have requested to settle in the UK over the last four years and who make an enormous contribution to our country and to our lives.
    And I say to all of you at home.
    At the end of this toughest of years.
    That our focus in the weeks ahead is of course on defeating the pandemic.
    And on beating coronavirus and rebuilding our economy.
    And delivering jobs across the country.
    And I am utterly confident that we can and will do it.
    By today we have vaccinated almost 800,000 people and we have also today resolved a question that has bedevilled our politics for decades.
    And it is up to us all together.
    As a newly and truly independent nation.
    To realise the immensity of this moment and to make the most of it.
    Happy Christmas to you all.
    That’s the good news from Brussels – now for the sprouts.

16. sgbuyer

2020, Brits took back their sovereignty. Smurfs gave away their country for ice cream. Anyone sees the irony? Difference in IQ?

17. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

World Economic Forum 2030 prediction for 2030: "You will own nothing and be happy"

But first, they'll have to take everything from everyone.

Billions of people will migrate "due to climate changes" and they say they "have to be accommodated".

Now I see why "you will own nothing".

But the "be happy" part I still don't get :D

ORWELL is turning in his grave, this goes beyond his wildest dreams.

18. jultorsk

1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual... :eek:

19. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

It looks like it's a fairy tale :D

20. LiverBird

LiverBird Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

@hardyakkagold

The word Xmas has been used for centuries & isn't disrespectful in any way.

mmm....shiney! and sgbuyer like this.