What is a Dollar?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by rainy day, Nov 5, 2020.

1. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

A dollar is a federal reserve debt note created out of thin air at interest by the federal reserve for issuance by the US government

2. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

I would rather my .84ounce of silver being worth $26 currently over it being a fixed price set by the fed at $1 like it used tobe, just keep that in mind.

3. rainy day

rainy day Active Member

The dollar is 0.84 ounce of silver today. And anything that it is not that, is a reflection of what the government is. As they are the only one's whom have tampered with it. So the government has tried to devalue silver by approx 20 times, or up valued itself, they are 20 times larger than they should be. They are control freaks and can't leave anything alone. They are 2000% pure corruption of nature. The pure dollar is the mirror to their ugly reflection.

JohnnyBravo300 likes this.
  4. Alloy

Alloy Active Member

History shows? Whose history? I don't even know what country the OP is talking about, ergo which dollar. Is this about the US? Australia?

It's wildly irrelevant that one country's dollar was defined as a fixed amount of silver in centuries past. That's obviously not what any country's dollar is today, so it's not relevant to answering the question of what a dollar is right now. Nothing about this universe requires that a random country's currency never change. That would be goofy.

I'm not very interested in government currencies in general, and clinging to past physicalist conceptions of wealth and government money is strange to me. The future is in private currencies, probably electronic. A gold-backed private cryptocurrency would be very interesting. There's not much chance of a silver-based currency, but ultimately it's going to be a market question.

5. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You need to use troy measurements to be more accurate.
    371.25 grains is .7734 oz.

A silver dollar weighs .7734.

rainy day likes this.