Remove censorship of Current affairs *poll*

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by shinymetal, Nov 2, 2020.

?

Should mods uncensor the current affairs forum?

Poll closed Nov 6, 2020.
  1. yes

19 vote(s)
    65.5%
  2. no

10 vote(s)
    34.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Why does anyone feel obliged to pander to the whingy, offended lefties?
    I say just let it go free-for-all.
    The sooks don't have to click if it is going to make them cry. :p

2. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

3. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This is a bit 'sledge hammer to crack a walnut'.

"The Public" have lots of places to dump their thoughts and values. Current Affairs - 'CA' - is a public forum and it attracts a range of weirdos in the way that none of the other forum areas do.

We've had some seriously disturbed members of the public dropping opinions in the anonymous, no recourse CA area. I doubt very much that CA being excluded from 'New Posts' updates affects the actual members who support Silver Stackers, after all it's an extra mouse click or 2 to get at the latest jewels in Current Affairs. (or you can also use a Bookmark!?)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  4. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

what sort of complaints do they make?
    I would have thought things like physical threats, utter racism and advertising spam would be warranted complaints, so if those are the problems then fair enough, But If on the basis of differing opinions or a shouting match caused by passionate debate, those shouldnt have much merit for complaint surely?
    Offended or hurt feelings cant be a legit complaint for admin to take seriously surely?
    Usually complainers, complain harder when they are constantly given the satisfaction that their constant complaints will give them the desired outcome.
    The whole cancel culture thing exists only because People cave into complainers.

5. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

This shouldn't even be a discussion.

This a privately owned forum and the owners feel under no obligation nor do they wish to have their reputation and product aligned with some of the crazy crap and ignorant opinions that get posted on here at times. If it was my forum I'd be banning people. It's too easy to spread misinformation. Misinformation that threatens our economic and political freedoms. I'm all for rational debate but when one side deliberately misrepresents facts or just simply posts bullshit in order to enhance their values at the expense of others then they should be shut down.

You go to a bar and don't abide by the rules you get kicked out. Same here.

6. shinymetal

shinymetal Well-Known Member

I acknowledge in the first post that I'm aware the mods are under no obligation to do anything.
    In the case that people were spreading misinformation you might have a point. It's a corrupt political system trying to steal an election in the last true bastion of freedom in the world that is the threat to our economic and political freedoms.
    I am trying to spread IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!!
    https://twitter.com/CortesSteve
    The first 4 posts on this guys twitter present the case for the statistical improbability of a Biden victory.

mmm....shiney! and spannermonkey like this.
  7. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Let it go mate, it’s not going to happen here.

8. shinymetal

Derick from the Money Charts formally known as Endless Mountain is a precious metals / crypto guy I've been following on youtube for years. He's basically a mathematical genius, highly underrated.
    this is his most recent video that covers how the Biden win is a massive statistical outlier.

I know the mods wont free the current affairs section, I never expected they would.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  9. alor

when people sorted the ballots for easy counting, Biden votes mostly mail in. Trump votes mainly in person. we have a 100% counts of non mixed votes. its just the way it is. but how to turn a Trump votes into Biden....its in the software pre~program. it's the persons counting red as in blue....then you have to prove that counter is not colour blind. or paid to count more of one colour to get more money as he counts it. Its so easy either elephant or donkey. If white then it become racist. there are 3 colors in the flag, why white doesn't count! :)

10. alor

11. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I know many people that recieved ballots that arent even citizens.
    We have immigrants from S Africa in our family living here and they all got ballots to vote haha.
    The entire system is a set up for failure.

wrcmad likes this.
  12. alor

they were sent ballots, so they sent them back
    they are not to blame, who sent it in the first place, why their name is for the receiving end of the ballot
    some body pay for that

13. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This is a common tactic worldwide but at least they will make an effort to court for the votes of immigrants. Immigrants will work and spend money, supporting local economies. But with the minions, there's no need even for pretence. It sets a dangerous precedence.

14. alor

15. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Surely there are many other online forums that allow and support fuckwitted opinions and complete crap. Post there and leave this place for posting stuff that as a minimum doesn't offend common sense.

I think most members here can easily access all of the information from both sides of US politics, both fiction and non-fiction. In fact it is shoved relentlessly down our collective throats so it is ridiculous suggesting that not having the CA forum visible is denying anyone access to VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION.
    I hope nobody here actually believes any of DT or others election rigging claims. I know plenty of the general population do but they also believe in divine rights being bestowed from above and that they always win when they go play pokies.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  16. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The big container at the back is interesting. The contents are "Prescribed for Automatic ?? Washing... machines??

What really interests me that it's made by "Monsanto Chemical Co." and it says "Controlled Suds" are a feature. Don't think I'd be too keen washing stuff with it but its probably a ripper virus, germ and common weed killer both short and long term.

17. shinymetal

If you really can't see at this point that Biden and co attempted to steal the election you're the one lacking common sense.

Throwing ad hominem attacks "fuckwitted opinions and complete crap" shows that you don't have any arguments against the evidence that's been presented.

It's not denying anyone access as such, but by not putting it in new posts means a lot of people don't know the discussion is even happening, I've talked to people who us the forum IRL and they were oblivious that these conversations happen here. I stick by the fact that this is in fact very important information, an attempted coup in the US is HUGE! That is what this is.

How is having a post show up in new posts forcing it down anyones throat, it's letting them know the conversation is happening and then they can join in if they want, or block the post if they get offended and don't want to join in.

18. sgbuyer

The biggest mistake that the sheeps make is that if Biden wins, the world will revert to pre-pandemic. This will never happen. We've passed the rubicon, it will only get worst.

19. alor

when the judges rejected due to lack of evidence for some cases, we have to agree, that more obvious evidence must be presented
    it is like the Madoff case, its beyond everybody believe, try to convince it
    no one wants to believe it, the truth was un believable

There are frauds in many places, but how to proof it? its not easy

I was looking at the mouse, that got trapped, no way to move to other place

20. sgbuyer

There's no need to proof fraud, just need to prove there is corruption and whether there is money or bribes received by officials in charged of the elections, the whole election can be thrown out of the window and third parties can be invited to audit all the votes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.