INFERNO The Divine Comedy 700th Anniversary 5 Oz Silver Coin, Cameroon 2020

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Trinkets, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

Only seems to be available from PowerCoin. Intricate, unique, and (IMHO) beautiful design. Currently at $582.74 USD. Antique finish in wooden case with COA, 333 mintage, and a 65 mm diameter.

Images borrowed from PowerCoin:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Little_Mountain

Little_Mountain New Member

Man...that is one BEAUTIFUL set, and one that will likely appeal to a niche collector market. As awesome as this coin is, it’s just not part of my strategy. The cost is exorbitant, in a big way - not that other coins don’t come with the same massive premium. Still...I wouldn’t turn it down if someone gifted me one.

3. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

I know the design won't be to everyone's taste, but it is very striking and looks beautifully done. And with the repeated themes that most mints keep using for their high end coins these days, it is a welcome change in something very unique. Being 5 oz should give it a nice weight as well.

It seems to be showing up for sale at most places now, and Mint 21 did a very good job with the packaging (maybe a little too much - which is adding to the price). I was waiting for someone to give me a reason not to buy (besides the $$), but I really wanted it whether I should spend the money or not.

4. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

For that money, it would want tobe the actual coin Dante used to pay Charon to cross the river styx. Lol
    Thats insane premium

5. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

lol Yeah, I don't think they are shying away from making the price match the presentation despite the current state of affairs with the world. With the presentation "case" (not box) as an example, they are obviously going after a very select type of collector with this.

But on the other hand, if you grade it according to other recent releases which are normally 2 oz (this is 5 oz), you are "only" paying $116.55 USD per oz. With the low 333 mintage, it looks like they want this to be a true collector piece.