Do you have a plan before the stock market crash?

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by Aurora et luna, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Tennessee

Tennessee Member

Sold 15k shares of AAPL and 1K shares of TSLA today

2. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Congratulations! You managed to cash out at the top. Timing the market is difficult, requires a lot of experience. :D

3. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Found on Reddit:
    brn.jpg

4. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

California
    [​IMG]

5. Davros10

Davros10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I hope he's asked his step sister's permission in regards to losing his virginity!

Ivykoin, Silver260 and mmm....shiney! like this.
  6. Tennessee

Tennessee Member

Update: Having sold all stocks I own I will now be closing on a 181 unit apartment/townhouse property in the next 90 days. Income producing assets have treated me very well over the years.

dollars, sgbuyer and oziwassabi like this.
  7. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

One thing i find most interesting about this new style of investor, the thing Keeping the market going. They have absolutely no regard for what profits and loss a company takes, nore do they take into account the state of the world wide economy.
    a tech comoany reports losses but an increase in user base and bang the stocks go up. But when your a business and you have more customers but making less money thats not a good healthy business, infact thats a terrible business. up untill a few years ago investors would have the same thinking. But now it doesnt matter.
    oh look the economy is going to shit, doesnt matter now, keep investing lol

They treat the stock market like bitcoin or something

I find it interesting, it is some what keeping it together from crashing, any reasonable thinking says it cant possibly last like that, but who knows.
    Seems like since platforms like robinhood and the likes came about its brought in a new type of stupid high risk taking investor.
    In the end a company that isnt making profit, in order for people to make money from it you need allot more people to buy and to lose money, because the company isnt giving the returns and those loses are being funded by the investor, so you cant for ever feed the hungry cow that isnt producing any milk.

Another weird example is afterpay, people are feeding that mob buckets of cash. A company that hands out insane amounts of loans to people who are unemployed, underemployed and also loans to people in time their is record house hold debt and record unemployment.
    No one questions the company as to how they will pay if huge numbers of their customers can no longer pay these loans. Nope they just hand out more millions of subprime loans to who ever asks.
    To me a business model like that is not sound. But as long as some one is willing to buy those stocks they can keep the ship sailing upwards by the looks of it.
    Its a ponzi scheme imo, and no one questions is it actually a smart business model to hand out unsecured subprime loans to millions of people.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    Davros10 likes this.
  8. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Its nothing new, it has been true forever. Your comment They have absolutely no regard for what profits and loss a company takes, nore do they take i to account the state of the world wide economy could be said of gold and silver too.

Remember for every stock that rocketed up and than crashed there was someone who bought and sold an equal amount shares and made a profit. (Unless it was an IPO or entitlement offering)

If someone lost $10,000 or $100,000,000 than someone made $10,000 or $100,000,000

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    wrcmad likes this.
  9. Davros10

Davros10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It's easy. Just time your buying and selling so that you're the second last idiot. It's only the last idiot that carries the loss.

Jason1 likes this.
  10. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

Thats what im alluding too. its a buy then sell and walk away deal. This is why this is all doomed to fail and in a big way.
    If it was one idiot left then it wouldnt be a problem, its going tobe millions of idiots left lol.
    It stinks of ponzi.
    Its the people who understand these are rubbish stocks are the ones who will win i guess.
    But on the flip side you cant publically tell people they are rubbish stocks as you need them to buy so they can be the losers.

Davros10 likes this.
  11. wrcmad

Took the words out of my mouth.
    This is no more speculation than PM's.
    PM's make no profit, in order for people to make money from it you need allot more people to buy and to lose money, and (unless quoting the bourse price) metals can't be quantitatively valued, yet people throw bucket loads of cash at them.

12. sgbuyer

I don’t know about you, but I’m sleeping very well with gold that I’ve bought incrementally since mid 2018. It’s my only investment so far that doesn’t give me worries.

For the past 2 years, gold had been easy even for the beginner investor. Just buy at every huge pull back. Don’t chase.

JohnnyBravo300 likes this.
  13. wrcmad

Yeah, I sleep well with my gold stack - a lot purchased at $750/oz.
    That doesn't take away from the fact that it is no less a speculation than stocks.
    In fact, in some way it may even validate the above-mentioned speculation in profitless stocks. :p

14. Tennessee

Tennessee Member

I sleep very well with income producing assets. Unlike gold, I get a big check every month. I do own gold though.

Ipv6Ready, precious roar and wrcmad like this.
  15. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

Yer ive slept with a few whores in my time also.
    Glad to see there is another brothel owner

Markco2 and wrcmad like this.
  16. sgbuyer

Do you think if Biden wins, the US will implement WWII style rent control? Dalio has always compared the current situation as mid-1930s and I fully agree. The middle class owns the majority of residential real estate. The rich own corporations and commercial real estate so residential rent is something the powers can depress without harming their own interests.

It may look inconceivable at the moment but if there's a big geopolitical event that occurs, there are no limits to the powers of the government. We're already seeing this happening with a silly virus in Victoria which is like a mini geopolitical event itself.

In an external emergency, the last thing governments want will be to deal with internal civil unrest and the easiest way to handle this is to keep people at home. The Fed can print money to bailout banks but they can't print houses.

17. Tennessee

Tennessee Member

Anything is possible. I'm will be in the favorable position of of owning the new property free and clear. Outside of management and maintenance expenses, it's all free cash flow and it will be substantial even if there is some kind of rent control.

sgbuyer likes this.
  18. sgbuyer

If Trump wins, we'll all be ok. Status quo will continue. Tough as it maybe, it's still survivable. But if Harris-Biden wins, I expect hell to break loose on the geopolitical front.

19. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

This us election is a lose, lose imo,
    If trump wins the city will burn from the left dummy spit.
    If biden wins the us ends up with no police and the city will burn from the same lot taking advantage of lawlessnes.

The us system with how they work out candidates, sucks big time.

20. sgbuyer

Nah, sorry, the lawlessness is really just to embarrass Trump. If Harris-Biden wins, the democratic mayors will call in the army. The BLM will no longer be useful and they will be crushed with no mercy. If in doubt, just look at Victoria, if the government wants to crackdown, they can. The reason why they let it continue is because it is to their political advantage.

Same as HK, who do you think started the violent rioting? There had been cases of plains clothes agents playing role as violent protesters. They need the protests and chaos as an excuse to bring in the security law. It's a conjob, just like the virus.

adze67 likes this.