50cents vs florins

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Slimey, Aug 6, 2020.

1. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

long time stackers usually do not contribute much to the marginal increase in demand, the new buyers would have more fiat to convert to metals
    there are always buyers, but in a rush, people are line up to buy and sell
    boom end is a bust begin then bust end and boom begins, like night and day
    the sun down is the end of the day, and another night begin with sun down (1 day = night + day = A sidereal day is approximately 23 hours, 56 minutes, 4.0905 seconds (24 hours − 4 minutes + 4.0905 seconds = 86164.0905 s = 23.9344696 h).
    a new stacker is born when he put one bar on top of another

Markco2 likes this.
  2. REDBACK

REDBACK Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

'Excellent summary above'
    If we get a run on silver like in 2011 the difference between the 50's & pre won't matter much.It was difficult to get hold of either at one point.In 2011 we had an individual that brought around 800k of 1966 50's,he helped to really dry up supply.Without doubt the retail value of the 1966 Fifty is more well know and coveted than Pre and Post coins.This has been demonstrated time and time again to me with public purchases.Baby Boomers,GenX & Gen Y are all more switched on to the value of the 1966 Fifty in fact most actually over estimate its silver value.

Markco2 likes this.
  3. hardyakkagold

hardyakkagold Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There will come a time soon when any type of genuine silver will be selling like hotcakes, whether it is .999, .925, .500, or even .333 fine silver.

I have purchased, sold, and traded both types of silver coins by the thousands over the last 30 years.

My preference would have to be the florins over the 50 cent rounds for coins in circulated condition, this is due to the fact that
    with the florins you can have different dates, different monarchs, and different designs and mintmarks, which you dont have with the 50 cents.
    So more interesting to accumulate and admire as well.

I still have thousands of florins in my stack, but only a few hundred 50 cent rounds in my accumulations.

The 50 cents coins that I have kept are all in lovely bright choice uncirculated condition and are a pleasure to look at and admire.
    I won't be selling any of them until the silver price is in the triple digit range.

These type of coins are rare and undervalued in todays prices, if you dont believe me then have a look at any of the major coin auctions,
    and see if you can find bulk offerings of silver 50 cent coins in this strictly uncirculated condition.

AgStalker, Markco2, dollars and 2 others like this.
  4. Mirrorman

Mirrorman Member

Have both and like both .. also like 3d , 6d and shillings .