At what price are you selling?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by SilverDJ, Aug 5, 2020.

?

At what price will you start selling? (AUD)

1. NOW

8 vote(s)
    7.5%
  2. $38

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. $40

5 vote(s)
    4.7%
  4. $42

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  5. $44

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. $46

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  7. $48

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  8. $50

15 vote(s)
    14.0%
  9. Way over $50

59 vote(s)
    55.1%
  10. NEVER

8 vote(s)
    7.5%
  1. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

The problem with the whole sell when im broke or need cash thing.
    There is very little chance you get sick or broke when prices are high. You may find your forced to sell in a dip or at a loss. Always stack cash as well for that reason.
    Selling opportunities arent always there when you need it, usually they are small windows. Just keep that in mind, using speculative investments as your main savings base or security against sickness, old age or brokeness is More than a little risky.
    The best protection against emergencies is having actual savings to begin with.

2. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

Ladies and Gentlemen, next question:
    At what price are you buying back in?

wrcmad and Oddjob like this.
  3. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Sold 10kg of unallocated in my SMSF.

Back in Feb 2016 I swapped 3oz of unallocated gold (@$1,722/oz) for 8kg of silver (@$706/kg). Four days ago I traded that silver along with some other already sitting in the account (@$40/oz). I was planning on waiting for the GSR to switch so I could trade it back for gold but I felt this was a good time to make a bit of money on the current prices. If it goes up higher then I still have more to sell from the SMSF.

Also sold 60oz more silver to the same dealer I sold the last 180oz to, he got a discount @$37/oz while the spot was $40. So on balance I am happy with those deals too.

If it goes higher then I will sell some more.

If it goes lower I don't think I will buy back in, I have plenty of exposure to silver presently.

I will be keeping my collection of cleaned world junk silver though, that will be the hardest to sell and the only silver I really like.

clear and wrcmad like this.
  4. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

well that didnt last long
    down down silver is down how low low low will it go go og

5. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Lol that’s like leaving the party when the band’s singer says ‘testing’ into the mic

BlackSheep likes this.
  6. tongkat

tongkat Active Member Silver Stacker

Time to let the core stack go and wait (or not) for the bottom again.

7. SilverSurferNan

SilverSurferNan New Member

One of the MAIN reasons why just about everyone it would seem wants to destroy POTUS is they know that he will destroy the FED. He WILL return America to the gold standard. Australia will be part of that along with India, UK, Japan, and others. The FED is back in the hands of the TREASURY only this year. Powell (head of Fed) is a globalist. Trump has said for years that interest rates should be 0 to help the little man as he got the economy going. He was insistent for ages and dug at Powell to reduce the rates way down. Where are they today?? The Treasury now controls the rates and the Fed. Step ONE. People are screaming about the amount of money he is spending. There is a reason for that. He’s running up debt DELIBERATELY. Why? Who owns the debt or should I say who lends to the Gov? The GLOBALISTS. What will happen when the USA goes back on the gold standard? The debt owed to the globalists will be WIPED. How? Why? Because when the FED came into existence in 1913, it was done ILLEGALLY. So what about personal debt? It will be WIPED too. Look up GESARA/NESARA. Some of the points can be very wishy washy, new age and all that but a new monetary system will be ushered in and possibly in the next year or two. The next push by POTUS is INFRASTRUCTURE. There will be work everywhere, especially that China is on the nose. Countries are already preparing. Do you think Scot Morrison is aware? Is he running up debt too? This is not like a Conservative party to be spending like they are. He knows. America are our greatest ally. At this very minute the USA are protecting our northern coastline. Australians are not aware that POTUS has sent 2 aircraft carriers and THEIR FLEETS just recently into the Spratley Island areas. They already had 1 carrier and their fleets in place. Britain also have sent a carrier. On top of that there are thousands of US Marines stationed in WA/NT. Trump is replicating what Reagan did to USSR. He collapsed their financial system. Trump is now in the process of doing that to China. ALL of the Democrats are funded by China. Many RINOs too. Same as Hollywood. Have you noticed how the themes of movies now are China centred? Because they own the studios. They own the uni’s, the colleges and have infiltrated many tech. companies stealing info. Trump is putting an end to that. Why do you think Trump is pushing Space Force? The new monetary system will be protected from the globalists and the likes of China etc. by an ‘out of space’ system. Printing money will end. Keeping the little man and small business in never ending debt will also end. Before any change like this happens, he needs to clean out those that have gorged off the taxpayers for decades. The corruption is deep and vile. I believe soon, very soon when FISA comes down, the world will be shocked beyond belief what these evil people have been involved in. Epstein was bad, but these people are evil. https://www.coreysdigs.com/

shinymetal likes this.
  8. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

how long can the gold last for? 2-4 years at most ?
    debt get wiped? got to be kidding, when you borrowed money and not pay back, you will be forced to eat nuclear war heads
    what the lenders will do is kill your children, your wifes and then kill you, may be the lenders would use some killer drones to target you (that is when they go easy on you)
    there is no government, no law... total enslavement
    when the world got broken into two parts, sea sections and land mass (EurAsia that is one giant continent) would continue to exist, the economy is big enough without (US 5 eyes)
    it could be many years after us :p

whay likes this.
  9. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Eurasia? Sorry, it is the Asian century. Not Eurasia. I’m not trying to be sarcastic but this is the truth. If you look at how technologies are developing, energy is going to be very cheap and probably free in less than 30 years. This will be a big boost for the economies of South east Asia, India, China and Japan.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  10. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

That is probably one of the craziest and most paranoid posts I've read since the bushfire thread.

heartastack likes this.
  11. Pirocco

Never. Might. I think. Now.
    Those are the most frequently used words in Australian soaps, help me, at which season sits Home And Away now?

12. Pirocco

Lol that's the singer of the next band.

13. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The main act called bitcoin

14. STKR

STKR Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

CD keys? Now that's a first. Interested to understand the logic behind that move...

66rounds likes this.
  15. shinymetal

shinymetal Well-Known Member

I get the feeling advertising a website that sells them in the reason behind it.
    I'm good with regular old bullion.

16. serial

serial Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Wow that is the most complex and personalised spam i have ever seen

66rounds and mmm....shiney! like this.
  17. sgbuyer

Silver going up again...New poll on what price are you going to buy?

18. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I havent stopped buying but have sold some cryptos haha.
    Sell metals? Dont think I will do that.

sammysilver likes this.
  19. sgbuyer

Is the $2k confirmed? If so, just take it, you can decide to donate to charity later.

20. nicotineandcaffeine

nicotineandcaffeine Active Member

I've generally done the opposite - sorting the strongest numismatic, selling weaker numi for stronger and selling bullion. My rationale is asset price is ripping through most things except bullion and bullion's missing out probably because combination of expected deflation and cryptocurrency.

Not agrainst bullion at all, just think it's buying high here.