This time its different. Silver to $40+

Discussion in 'Silver' started by President Trump, Jun 23, 2020.

1. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I’m wondering if the sell off is on the back of the Russian vaccine announcement

Shaddam IV likes this.
  2. Golden Stash

Golden Stash Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Putins announcements are usually met with a fair bit of cynicism. The trials are early days too.

3. hardyakkagold

hardyakkagold Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That's the spin that the mainstream media is peddling, so no, just a healthy correction ( I hope ), it was going up too rapidly, particularly the silver.

4. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Miners had gone no where since 2 weeks ago and started falling past couple of days. The fact is the worst is over for now, until perhaps December or new mutation.

Shaddam IV and STKR like this.
  5. sgbuyer

Perhaps, Putin was given the antidote?

6. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

it was the PM who got contacted with covid19. not Putin

7. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

As with any bull market, you are going to have pull backs.
    The Russian Vaccine may have triggered the pull-back or ..............

Those spikes are very familiar; we have that saying, "up by the stairs and down by the lift for a reason".
    If metal prices find good support there's a very good chance they'll ricochet higher and for Aussies, we get a good buying opportunity
    especially if the AUD stays above 70.

If you are scared and I know some folk are, you may want to re-consider why you are purchasing paper or physical metal or
    whatever you are doing. For me (and I'm just thinking aloud) the next few years seem to be looking bleak for the world.

If we get herd immunity or a vaccine that won't fix unemployment, nor will it fix the trashing of the middle class.
    We'll be seeing plenty of bankruptcies and we'll probably see many businesses that we thought could never fold, fold because they haven't
    or can't adapt to whats going on.

When the COVID payments run-out, what then? How will they pay rent, how will they pay for their car, their mortgage? Any excuse will
    lead to rioting, looting and folk will sell every scrap of silver, gold or what ever to put food on the table. If the middle-class is trashed, how will everyday
    employees have a job? How does the average person buy everyday goods if they are on unemployment benefits? Employers will also have
    the pick of the un-employed and will pay accordingly.

As businesses realise that they can decentralize their work force to produce the same or better outcomes that fact may bring about change
    that few are prepared for. New businesses will cater for the change, internet services are exploding in demand, home food demand, online
    services and logistics are going through the roof while, older systems are going to fail.

As the Federal Reserve continues to print money out of thin air, the stock-market rallies but what about those PE ratios?
    You wanted dividends! How will your stocks provide dividends if consumers aren't buying product?
    Now, more than ever, is a great time to have a really good think about why your stocks are rising and why you bought them.
    If you are in sectors that "may" produce the outcomes you desire, that's fine and dandy.

So, there is going to be dips and bumps for years; for me, things are just starting, we have a long, long way to go.

And lastly, for those folk who have that sick feeling in their guts and they know their business / businesses are not doing so good,
    it might be time to talk with those you trust. Remember that life is full of ups and downs, try to keep focused on what's important in life,
    food, water, a safe family, a modest home. It might be the time to consolidate. Stay well.

crewy, kilo, Markco2 and 4 others like this.
  8. OneDay

OneDay Active Member Silver Stacker

Thats the harsh truth of the matter. We are currently in the calm before the storm. Like on coming tsunami that doesn't stop coming.

Who will survive? I can't see that.

Holdfast likes this.
  9. STKR

STKR Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Up on an escalator, down on an elevator:D
    Level 24, "going down".

10. sgbuyer

Depends on the US elections. If the yankees are awake, they will choose Trump and delay WWIII by another 5 years.

jultorsk and Shaddam IV like this.
  11. alor

no chance to buy at 24

STKR likes this.
  12. STKR

There may be... It looks like we could be touching the 24 level again very soon.
    Screenshot_2020-08-12-19-53-58-56.png

13. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Trump knows as much about running an economy as he does about flu viruses.

He should have never allowed this shutdown to happen. What a miserable failure.
    Now he can watch his country go down the toilet and pat himself on the back.

Little_Mountain likes this.
  14. alor

15. crewy

crewy Active Member

16. sgbuyer

Did you read the ZH article on the one world government? The oligarchy wants to destroy the USA.

STKR likes this.
  17. STKR

Trump is an interesting situation. I've held the view that the western democratic system is completely rigged and it's a matter of selections, not elections.
    Yet Trump made me question those beliefs for a period of time.
    In his candidacy, he said things that I never thought any presidential candidate would say. Talking about the fake news media, 9/11, locking up Hilary, draining the deep state swamp, calling out the federal reserve and how the stock market was in a massive bubble.

Then, once he became president, he began touting the economy and talking up the stock market as if blowing up the bubble further was a great thing. I realised at that point that he was far from the 'answer' many of us thought he would be. Very few significant outcomes have resulted from his term in office and I stand by my views that he was placed there for a reason.

He is the Trump card used to win this trick.
    Screenshot_2020-08-13-00-20-21-32.png

Divide and conquer. Create further division within the nation by luring people in to pick a side. Left, right, blue, red - maximum social disorder. He's a puppet.

The political system is the same in Australia, IMO. We've all been hoodwinked to believe democracy exists.

Bill Hicks (1 minute):

JohnnyBravo300 likes this.
  18. sgbuyer

I doubt he is a puppet but his hands are tied. The ideal candidate of the puppet master was Clinton. The only thing that Trump needs to do is to dismantle the power of the oligarchy (adventures in the Middle East and Afghanistan) without causing WWIII. Of course the oligarchy is resisting and doing everything to topple him and put in the real puppet, that is Biden.

My question is what makes the oligarchy think they can control China? If China one day decides to turn tables and refuse to supply them the goods, what do you think is going to happen?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
  19. STKR

We're gonna have to agree to disagree on the Trump puppet theory.

As for China and manufacturing, I'd think they'd be shooting themselves in the foot if they did. I'd expect there'd be a massive incentive for another country with a cheap labour force to take their place in no time. Depending on what "goods" you're referring to, of course.

sgbuyer likes this.
  20. sgbuyer

It's ok, we probably have a different definition of puppet. Trump is not a dictator riding a white horse and a reincarnation of some god like his friend Kim, so he can't possibly have power without the backing of powerful men. He has been doing a lot of work to satisfy a particular faction with his tough measures on Iran and his recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. The oligarchy obviously isn't a real organisation and there will be moderates and hardliners. Some of them may even be backing both the Republican and Democratic party and switch sides all the time.

As for China, to keep it short, I think a lot of us underestimate China. I don't underestimate China's economic prowess and what they can achieve in another 10-15 years. I only question whether the ordinary Chinese people (not the elites) know what they are getting into.

STKR likes this.