There is no Unbuzz or Conditional Buzz in the Silverstacker's lexicon!

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Aurora et luna, Aug 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revils

Revils Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I backup buzz sometimes so the seller and others know I'm interested at that price for that item. I've sold to people when I've seen they've missed out, same with auctions. I had someone not pay the other day after winning an auction, was nearly a week of delays, so I offered it to the next highest bidder at the winning price even though spot had increased a fair bit - I get an honest price and they get a bargain everyone's happy.
    I've only had one regretful trade and that's because, IMO, the buyer was overly picky/dramatic and I was overly defensive, but we resolved it.

2. kilo

kilo Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This thread didn’t mention any member in particular just highlighted an unwelcome trend in the sales forum.
    Enter Master Watson, smouldering with indignation all bent out of shape obstreperous and obtuse.
    Despite grownups best efforts, the child remains defiantly indignant.

adze67 and Stoic Phoenix like this.
  3. kilo

Off to your room Master Watson, there will be no dinner for you!

4. kilo

backup BUZZ

5. Jamie watson

Jamie watson Well-Known Member

Block

Stoic Phoenix likes this.
  6. kilo

not sure, I thought he would be on hold, listening to elevator music trying to get through to the ato :D

adze67 and Stoic Phoenix like this.
  7. Tin Can

Tin Can Active Member

My understanding is:
    the Seller makes an offer by creating the thread with the item description, price, and postage/collection details;
    BUZZ means acceptance of the offer by the (now) Buyer;
    PM sent means a potential Buyer is making a counter offer.

If a potential Buyer wants to add a condition precedent or a condition subsequent to the Seller's terms, then they should indicate this very plainly (e.g. "BUZZ if a confirmation by 6:00pm today").

And I have not yet bought or sold anything on SS. My above understanding is based on observing the custom and practice on SS.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    GF, STC, REDBACK and 3 others like this.
  8. adze67

adze67 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Flounce02.jpg

9. Garnet

Garnet Active Member Silver Stacker

BD4DF139-5CCC-4045-BD08-F0E7DC98B812.jpeg

Maybe you should stick to your succulents

10. kilo

adze67 likes this.
  11. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

lol, if thats him @Garnet he looks as hard as a soggy weetbix

Garnet likes this.
  12. Markco2

Markco2 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have never had a problem with the way "Buzz" works on the trading forum.
    When you "Buzz" an item, you are entering into a contract at the agreed Price - Terms & Conditions that the seller makes. A backup "Buzz" by someone else is in case for whatever reason the deal falls through. Therefore, the person who posted the backup "Buzz" would be the next in line to purchase the item. As far as I am aware, it's been working well like that for years.

kilo, Garnet, Silverling and 3 others like this.
  13. Gazza79

Gazza79 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Why block members Jamie because im sorry to say but there is nothing here for you any more mate.

You have burnt the bridges down on SS now as soon as you started to threaten to bring down the site and threaten to get ATO involved, stupid mate just stupid..

I doubt anyone will ever deal with you on here ever again.

Sad :(

14. REDBACK

REDBACK Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Lol
    Jamie,Jamie,Jamie

Your use of the f word is catastrophically frequent and inane.As to nailing anyone for unjustified abuse Good luck.

In regards to your consumer law or trading act or whatever legislation you are refering to helping you with a complaint on a private forum about people advising you of etiquette.Good luck
    It is plainly clear to everyone but you that it could be perceived you were in breach of a contract as you accepted the seller's offer then to insist on taking agreived status.Good luck.

As to making implied physical threats to people then playing the victim and filing a legal case for harrasement,good luck.

You will be a lawers wet dream,when he reads your quoted posts and realises you make 50k a week.He's going to give you a monkey hand job and bleed you dry while braging about what an idiot client he just picked up while downing scotch with his mates down the bar.Good luck

kilo, Markco2 and Stoic Phoenix like this.
  15. Jamie watson

Jamie watson Well-Known Member

All well and good,but as does not overide basic buyer seller rights of refusal to buy or sell,that's governed by Australian fair practices act,not buy some half added group deemed obligation,of the word buzz.the sellers post worded opportunity to negotiate on price,which I attempted via pm,prior to even buzzing on page,I received no comms in return,either on page or via pm, I waitedhalf an hour,and decided the purchase was not for me,as I had no option in that time to negotiate a larger purchase,or a confirmed sale.as most of the critics have failed to to point out,is that the seller was adjusting his price according to spot prices,that morning.and they were moving fast.add to that I had 3 other buys in progress,prices all being adjusted,moment by moment,according to spot.and so I had to make a decision, wait to negotiate or receive a response.orclose other purchases.i checked the sellers profile,he had not much of a seller reference.then I decided to withdraw my offer to purchase. Before any back and forth confirmation or negotiations had occurred.the fact that I used a word to describe, that I decline an offer to buy.has been seized upon by a core group of people that seem to think it's some sort of legal and binding contract.at worst it was,impolite of me.i accept that.and apologise to the seller,and negotiate,a 4k purchase. Everything else around that,isn't anybody else's business. Just sour grapes from a nasty few,who possibly missed a purchase. If it was all that unforgivable of me,the seller had a right to refuse sale to me.and I am happy to accept the sellers feedback,in good stead.but being attacked by a core group of abusive members,is far worse than my huge crime of impatience. That's all I have to say on the matter.

16. REDBACK

REDBACK Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Can you please just condense the above to
    "Im just fckng off"

kilo, adze67, Garnet and 1 other person like this.
  17. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I doubt it but all of us f*cking hope so

REDBACK and Garnet like this.
  18. Garnet

Garnet Active Member Silver Stacker

WTF...LOL

REDBACK likes this.
  19. kilo

Back to your room Master Jamie

20. dollars

dollars Active Member Silver Stacker

This thread has blown out of proportion but to clear up the facts as I believe , correct me if I am wrong

Buzzing the item in the thread does not necessarily make a contract !!!

As Tim. Had mentioned UCC. Uniform commercial code. However in Australia thanks to Kevin Rudd we work under Vienna convention!

A seller puts up bullion for sale this is not an offer to sell but an Invitation To Treat

I believe that is why when a thread is buzzed the seller later confirms that the item has already sold often by private message or at other times elsewhere

If it wasn’t like this the seller would have to honour the buzz in the thread and supply the goods as offered!!!

I believe that because there is uncertainty that any contract is not formed until the seller and buyer can confirm and agree to the offer and acceptance for the goods

Probably not what people want to hear possibly a competent lawyer or barrister might confirm to remove any doubt

I have read that in the past the highest bidder at an auction for land had reconsidered after the bidding had stopped and declined to sign the contract paperwork and the deal didn’t go through. Agents now probably get around this with requiring signatures in the terms and condition the mandate during registration prior to auctions now.

How we think things are are offen different to what they actually are. ie. silence is agreement

Cheer$

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.