At what price are you selling?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by SilverDJ, Aug 5, 2020.

?

At what price will you start selling? (AUD)

1. NOW

8 vote(s)
    7.5%
  2. $38

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. $40

5 vote(s)
    4.7%
  4. $42

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  5. $44

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. $46

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  7. $48

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  8. $50

15 vote(s)
    14.0%
  9. Way over $50

59 vote(s)
    55.1%
  10. NEVER

8 vote(s)
    7.5%
  1. shinymetal

shinymetal Well-Known Member

Was there a time when people were connected and a hype forming in a potential alternative to money? this is how silver moved in the last run vs this one.. silver is moving like BTC.. and the precedent has been set with BTC for just how high something can go with the hype, and with silver moving like it is... the hype is real.. Even if you can't use it as money it's growing exponentially in value. That's when new buyers come in and drive prices higher. I personally know 4 new people who have never brought and recently buy some, Even just a few ounces of silver.

sgbuyer likes this.
  2. jultorsk

jultorsk Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just out of curiosity (and please do not take offence, I just want to discuss the legalistic side of the matter) - did you see the full body cam video, and if yes - did it change your opinion about the Floyd case at all?
    Chauvin's body cam video has not been released/leaked yet - but based on the video seen so far I'm not sure at all if they can convict the police officers for 3rd degree (depraved-heart) let alone for 2nd degree murder as there was seemingly no intent. The police officers are geared for another "Covington/Nicholas Sandman" case with the media. The comments below the YT video are telling of the public opinion shifting.

3. Revils

Revils Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I haven't watched the video. I'm not a lawyer or a coroner so have to go with what they find. Sources included:
    During the final two minutes,[46] Floyd was motionless and had no pulse.[47][48] Though the officers called for medical assistance, they took no action to treat him.[49] Chauvin kept his knee on Floyd's neck as emergency medical technicians arrived.[49]

The later official autopsy report classified Floyd's death as a homicide attributed to cardiopulmonary arrest caused by subdual and restraint.

In my opinion police should always assume someone is mentally ill, is on drugs, have underlying health conditions and is innocent until proven guilty and treat them as such. That's the last I'm going to mention on this forum about this topic as my point is I don't want to read defense against these cops while I'm browsing silver price threads.

Killerbala likes this.
  4. shinymetal

agreed, he might not have died if he hadn't had someone retraining him, But he might have due to the drugs omnibus system that's a contributing factor, and the police didn't know that, they asked him, him would have got him Medical. (haha auto correct.) assistance if he told them. going for 2nd degree murder is ambitious, They will likely walk and there will be more riots.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  5. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The cop wont be convicted of murder or anything else. He will get off free from those charges since george floyd was just a party boy and he killed himself.
    The cop did nothing wrong. Hes just an underpaid overglorified babysitter.

6. Richard Ecker

Richard Ecker New Member

Unfortunately we are never called upon to be on the jury in cases like this. If I was, I'd take all the evidence into consideration. ( Bear in mind that news reports seldom have the whole story or all the video.) Then pass my vote guilty or not guilty.

There are a lot of bad cops in the U.S. Go to You-Tube and search "Audit America." Watch a few of those videos and marvel at the way some cops are put in their place and shamed! I get hopping mad at the cops in those videos. Bless the boys who are bringing this travesty to light.

7. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

give me a source that considers these ‘precious’

8. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

I consider lead and copper precious. I hope to die with my stack untouched, but will part with them a few grains at a time, if the situation forces me.

9. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

If you're desperate then the problem was not due to pawn brokers/sharks.

Arch Stanton likes this.
  10. Pirocco

If black markets come into existence, the same reason you're there will likely bring the baker also there. See, the unit of "market" is a "trade" and that needs two.
    And ofcourse a financial crisis is near, what else, the entire purpose of governments CoVid-19 terror, was/is precisely that. The virus just served as excuse. It's > a decade ago that they "vaporized" speculators money - it was/is time for a rinse and repeat.
    Why were gold & silver prices driven up crazy: due to suckers that let themselves be scared.
    I was such scared sucker in 2011 buying when $32.
    And I didn't sell when price was driven further up near $50 - I did nothing - I didn't expect it and it just wasn't part of my plan.
    In meantime I learnt better. I continued buying silver, most at $15, some at $14.
    And now today I sold at 10% loss (due to dealer margin) instead of 50% that it would have been just 4 months ago. Precisely the same silver I bought in march 2011, to the same dealer.
    The rest I hold for the moment. I'll see what I do. My "junk" I keep, just because I like it. And some bullion too.
    I won't hesitate to continu selling in case it delivers.
    And I also won't hesitate to buy it back when the financial world is colored red and suckers sell at bottom price.

Come on, silvers price doubled in like 4 months, without any real reason - it's not the virus that closed companies, it's the government. Meaning they can just revert their economical crap, while keeping their further freedom restricting crap, ofcourse.
    2008-2011 also doubled the silver price, but there was a crisis going on, while now it's not even arrived yet. That means *switch* reverse thinking.

11. Pirocco

Look at the poll results:
    1. NOW
      6 vote(s)
      8.0%
    2. $38
      1 vote(s)
      1.3%
    3. $40
      4 vote(s)
      5.3%
    4. $42
      3 vote(s)
      4.0%
    5. $44
      2 vote(s)
      2.7%
    6. $46
      2 vote(s)
      2.7%
    7. $48
      2 vote(s)
      2.7%
    8. $50
      9 vote(s)
      12.0%
    9. Way over $50
      43 vote(s)
      57.3%
    10. NEVER
      3 vote(s)
      4.0%
    Two biggest shares:
    70% says $50+
    8.0% says NOW.

Going against the herd.
    I'll add myself now to the NOW.

and... DONE!

sgbuyer likes this.
  12. shinymetal

Way over $50 got the most votes by far.. That's $50USD still a long ways off that!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  13. Pirocco

A real reason for silver price to double, would for ex be house and bread price doubling.
    So, the 1999-2008 $5 > $15 had some real reason.
    In 2020, did anyone see house, bread price doubling: no.
    So the $14>$28 USD is profit, I took it, to correct a negative one from 2011.
    At next crisis when media all days doomdays, I'll be happily buying back in at $14, to end up with more silver and a further correction of the 2011 error.
    This was a plan.
    It relies on you guys.
    I need suckers to sell high to, and to buy low from, with dealers as middlemen.
    If you refuse, next step in my plan will fail, so if you wanna be friend, obey. ;)

JohnnyBravo300 likes this.
  14. shinymetal

The crisis hasn't even arrived yet and silver is having days like it was at the peak of the last time. just at the start, Investment demand is more.than ever although eagle mintage is reasonably low, That can be blamed on covid.. or supply, or covid effecting supply, Just going off what YouTube big dealers in interviews are saying they can't get big orders of 1000 oz bars. Mines are low production or minimal production, have been for a while now.. Yes industrial use is slowed, but investment demand has grown and is growing massively, one this covid this is over, and it will be.. It might not go back to normal normal right away but production will ramp back up quickly and that will drive demand, lines will take a year or longer to get up to full production. and I don't think the investor demand will go away.... I know a few of people who are now just coming in getting a couple of ounces toe dipping...

I don't know about where you are, but house and bread hasn't doubled in the past 4 months. There are limits on how much bread and toilet paper you can buy, but its easily enough.

and yeah anyway, good luck with your plan! I hope it works out.

FlyerMaker_08082020_075202.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    REDBACK likes this.
  15. Pirocco

During 2008-2011 the silver price >doubled from $15 to $35 for no reason.
    I discovered QE as a scam (money creation while at the same time paying to NOT lend it out)
    2011-2020 silver proved it. Actually, the rest of the real world too. The bread that I buy now in 2020 is the same price as in 2008.
    2020's story is a repeat with another scam: the CoVid-19 desease caused by the SARS-CoV2 virus.
    The virus is real, the desease is real, the global treat is a scam. Reason same as QE: convince speculators to sell low / buy high, round 2. Next is the bell that tolls.

16. shinymetal

well yea, I somewhat agree, but with gold having broken all time USD highs, silver is sure to follow. and it has a fairly long way to go quickly. hence the big moves. It might have a pullback at 40 and or 50USD.. But will you get anything in large amounts?
    Not that I buy large amounts but still :p

REDBACK likes this.
  17. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

** goes and checks eth balance ***. Yep still better than silver

18. shinymetal

I have a small amount of cryptos as well, I do sort of regret buying silver instead of cryptos from 2012 when I heard about silver and btc, should have at least dipped my toes in.. But silver and gold will do what cryptos did. to a bigger and more sustained degree.

heartastack likes this.
  19. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

U.....r.....hi

20. SouthCoastSilver

SouthCoastSilver Active Member

I legally bought a rifle and ammunition with the money I had from the sale of my silver. Calling lead and brass (lead is the projectile from a bullet and the case is brass) precious metals is a bit of a slightly comical reference to the doomsday type of people that can be found in the sports shooting community and the precious metals community