At what price are you selling?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by SilverDJ, Aug 5, 2020.

?

At what price will you start selling? (AUD)

1. NOW

8 vote(s)
    7.5%
  2. $38

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. $40

5 vote(s)
    4.7%
  4. $42

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  5. $44

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. $46

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  7. $48

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  8. $50

15 vote(s)
    14.0%
  9. Way over $50

59 vote(s)
    55.1%
  10. NEVER

8 vote(s)
    7.5%
  1. STKR

STKR Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Weren't you selling your silver?

Yes, yes, your endless bundle of stocks against silver blahblahblah.
    The thing about gold and silver is they're speculative but also offer financial protection. Cryptos have not proven themselves to offer financial protection..yet.
    I can't think of any stocks that would legitimately offer financial protection AND the same level of opportunity in a crisis as Gold and Silver.
    Not everyone buys PMs solely for speculation, infact, I believe many value the financial protection more than they do the small opportunity to cash out and get back into fiat.
    I think most people only really want to sell now because they believe there'll be an opportunity to buy more at a lower price down the track. Plus, people feel good when their decisions to purchase or 'invest' have resulted in them gaining further opportunities.

For an asset that you can hold, one that offers both financial protection and opportunity, Silver has done extremely well.

I'd like to remind everyone that Silver's Bull Run lasted from 2008-2011. We're currently 5 months from the rapid price drop in March, and the economic threats are more severe than they've ever been in modern history.

pi likes this.
  2. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

As much as I like seeing my investments grow, it's sad to see it happen when I know what it really means.

Golden Stash, sgbuyer and STKR like this.
  3. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The situation in the USA is self sabotaged. The cases were already dropping by early June before spiking up in July due to the “BLM“ protests. The protests led to the spike.

Since all this is happening in summer, it remains to be seen if this is actually a blessing in disguise because the real deal will come in December.

jultorsk likes this.
  4. STKR

Madness...
    Screenshot_2020-08-07-06-01-35-48.png

5. shinymetal

shinymetal Well-Known Member

It's funny how 2 people can have such different views of what's happening in the USA right now.
    from what I'm seeing he's doing a fantastic job..
    He has taken attacks from all directions. It's absurd what has happened to him. First he was literally Hitler, then he was a Russian agent who liked pissing on people, then Ukraine nonsense and that failed. Remember when Mad Cow got his taxes and read them live on air? That was funny. That crazy woman who held up a mock of Trump's head? It has been insane from the beginning.
    Now he's dealing with a world wide pandemic of a disease that has a 98.5% survival rate, even while the media is suppressing HCQ that works, he's trying to tell people and Twitter's deleting his tweets. And on top of that there are race riots even though if you look at the number of police interactions Vs crime statistics Vs Race Vs unarmed person shot. White people shot slightly more.
    Michel Brown reached into the car to grab the gun off a copper and he got shot.... George floydd was saying he couldn't breath from the moment the police arrived. Big man had too much drugs, also he was saying “I'm not that kinda guy” But he is convicted of holding a gun to the stomach of a pregnant woman. He wasn't following orders, even his friend was telling him to do what the cop said, but it's not about that anymore. People are full out attacking federal buildings trying to burn them down. BLM/Antifa/BAMS and all those affiliated groups are basically terrorists... I'd go so far as even the ones that are providing cover for the rioters.. Not all the people who go to a peaceful protest that gets taken over by a mob. but the ones who jump in once it starts. yup, they're terrorists!
    But then with all of this.. Now it's coming out that from before he was even president The FBI was spying on Trump, they abused the fisa system, edited emails, openly discussed in texts that they have an insurance plan. And it looks like Durham is getting ready for indictments. I don't think he can do it before the election because it might look political. And then with that Bill Clinton was on Lolita island with Epstine and 2 young girls. Prince Andrew.

I don't know if you realise how wrong you are.
    You just need to relax, have a bath with some nice oils in it, put on some classical music light some candles and consider that maybe there are 2 sides to a story, and you've totally discounted one side of the argument. I won't go into another Q rant. But I think you'll come around to Trump once it's clear what he's doing. but it's worth taking a good look at. It's beyond doubt that Trump and people around him are posting on 8kun. Ignoring it is pretty silly. EULaK4_X0AAg6r0.jpeg

6. STKR

$40 silver...wow.

Divide and conquer. I believe Trump is in place to facilitate division. Far right, far left, far out, civil unrest.

7. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I disagree silver when or if the SHTF silver will be nothing more than a heavy burden.

8. STKR

Different levels and stages of SHTF. You're thinking extreme nomadic lawlessness. Have you sold your silver yet?

9. shinymetal

I don't think he is driving the division at all, it's the media and democrats that are all supporting it. Trump's not even far right really. That's just the narrative they push. d445d911c3f5cbfa8d0bd285ffe800a27690dd7f4b2358a21cc9cda4bfdae736.jpg

yuripuka and STKR like this.
  10. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

no not nescessarly even in a sever financial hardship -- which we aer not in yet -- think the great depression

I doubt you will be able to get a fair price for your silver If I had cash and you had silver and were starving I would guess you would part with that silver at a much lower value that the "market" value. Remember silver is NOT money and has NOT been for a very long time, you cany buy groceries or fill up the petrol tank in your car woith silver.

11. shinymetal

If the hype take a off I disagree, if you have old money, I reckon people will take that.
    Look at what bitcoin did. it set the precedent for an alternative to money to go absurdly high.
    shops are taking bitcoin, and that takes effort, and people don't entirely trust it. silver it easy for small shops to take. predecimal can be broken down into reasonably small amounts. If it goes the way of government backed gold money it will be on some sort of blockchain I imagine.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  12. Revils

Revils Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Fuck me. Worst aspect of this forum - come to discuss metal prices and see a justification for racism and police brutality.

13. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

Dude enough already.
    all you do is come onto a thread and shit on it, with out fail.
    for all our sanity can you just fuck off.
    your a bully

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    clear likes this.
  14. STKR

The guy at AutoOne took my silver as payment the other day.
    My local firearms dealer takes silver as payment.
    People will accept anything they think has value, especially when they're staring down the barrel of a failing currency.
    Plus, who the F@#k stacks silver without cash? I don't know of anyone who has silver buy no currency to transact in.

You have an unusual mindset Mr. Jester.

15. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Silver about to blow through 29 and 30 usd next.
    Good job CJ.

clear likes this.
  16. shinymetal

I paid woth a 5pund 50 for fish and chips, the order was for about what the coin was worth. I had cash but just wanted to see, and they took it.

clear and STKR like this.
  17. madstu

madstu New Member

I'd love to cash out at $50, make a nice little profit on my modest stack. I'm not going to try and pick the peak, I seem to have a knack of waiting too long and missing out.

18. Richard Ecker

Richard Ecker New Member

I am new here tonight. I am an American. I'm 77 years old. Trump has done a fine job.
    My constitution guarantees I have the right to bear arms. The second amendment is the only one that guarantees the government cant take away all our other freedoms.
    Gun sales are high because the supreme court has ruled the police have no duty to protect me from crime.FACT! Therefore I must protect myself if need be. Most Americans are honest law abiding folk. Sorry if you don't believe that.
    I started stacking gold and silver back in the 1960's when our government made our money into worthless paper. Tonight I registered to be here with you people. I was surprised to see a lot of people from down under as well as the U.S.
    The last purchase I made in stacking was to me a steal. I tried to u/l a file with picture but it was too big for the board.
    It had:
    1 oz silver panda
    1 oz philhamonic
    1 oz aussie kangaroo
    1 oz krugerand
    1 oz maple leaf
    all for $99 free shipping, no tax.
    I bought two of them in the last 12 months. Are they ever sorry they sold them now. :)
    Wondering what I'd do with the money if I sold my silver. The cash is not worth much.

Boyscout, Markco2, jultorsk and 3 others like this.
  19. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

If I was 77 and had enough silver, I would sell and go enjoy some luxuries in life.
    No point going to the grave with the silver IMO, we all save to enjoy the later years in life yet get older and forget todo anything with the money saved and go to the grave with it all. go enjoy your self I say.
    While cash may not seem worth anything, you can buy allot with it

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    Revils likes this.
  20. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

^^^ THIS. Sell and enjoy life.