Do you have a plan before the stock market crash?

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by Aurora et luna, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Tennessee

Tennessee Member

AAPL and TSLA hit all time highs today. Just a short time ago TSLA dropped 300+ points amid a lot of panic. Those who sold missed out. It's gained back all it lost and then some. Just goes to show that panic can cost you a lot.
    Like I said in a post a short time ago: "I always stay put in corrections/dips like this. The market always comes back. I did add to my AAPL position at around $284 today. In a few months all of this fear will just be a memory".

2. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

An over used meme but still....
    this is fine meme.jpg

3. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

backup buzz with condition: pergola needs to be structuraly sound!

4. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Trump and the fed are doing everything they can with corporate america bailouts and propping up the stock market bubble.
    I dont see markets tanking with what's going on. Even when a million more americans are starving we will have a record stock market and the best economy ever in history.
    The fakeness and lies wont stop until the very end, then there will be new lies.

I'm leaving my stock market money in because its obvious where its going. It's all they care about right now.

5. Tennessee

Tennessee Member

It's been sometime since I dropped in. When I added to my AAPL position @ $284 there were a lot of snickering. But look at AAPL now. $413 or so and going to split again 4 to 1. This will be my 3rd split with AAPL. My initial 1k shares will now be 56k shares. Not too shabby. And look at TSLA. It drop to the mid 600s and is now 1436. Quite a gain.

6. jultorsk

jultorsk Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

7. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Well that's an interesting chart indeed.

8. precious roar

precious roar Active Member

bit depressing, tbh.

9. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

We've seen this happened in 2000. I went through it and though I didn't lose much as I didn't partake in the bubble but it taught me a lesson, which is, it not the gains that matters, but the losses. Gains are just numeric figures, but the losses are real.

samoth25 likes this.
  10. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Gold, silver, cash reserves, land, crypto.

mmm....shiney! and Revils like this.
  11. Revils

Revils Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If you learn from history it's to not try time the market, it can stay up for years longer than makes sense and then when it crashes it's only to the halfway point between the high and when it stopped making sense. Diversification is good and maintaining a % balance so you continue to buy when unpopular and not overspending in a bubble. Like crypto, I buy when it's unpopular and flat and people think it's terrible, then it triples and THEN they get interested, "mate how much do you think it'll go up" - fucked if I know but not as much as when it was flat and unpopular!

12. Tennessee

Tennessee Member

Well just look at AAPL and TSLA. In March, amid much undo panic, TSLA dropped to the mid 600s. Six months later it broke 2000 today. AAPL became the first US company to be a two trillion dollar company. Not to bad for all the crap I took for owning them through the "panic" Remember when I added to my AAPL position at $284? It closed at $473 today. I remember a posted saying they wouldn't get back in the market until all pandemic was over. Well, the market just passed you by.

13. Tennessee

Tennessee Member

When the market opens on Tuesday I will have 60k shares of AAPL. I will also start converting on paper profits to actual profits. If Biden is elected he wants to raise cap gains tax to regular income tax and that means at least 39%. It's not likely that he will be elected, but I'm not going to risk it I will also start taking my TSLA profits.

jultorsk and sgbuyer like this.
  14. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

If that is the case it demonstrates just how out of touch the Democrats are compared to the Republicans.

It's the same here, head over to the ALP website and the last Tweet from 2 days ago is devoted to wishing 3 labor parliamentarians all the best for the upcoming birth of their babies. FFS, it's not Women's Day or New Idea. It's supposed to be the credible alternative to the current government.

And they haven't updated their platform since 2018!!!! Their policies are just an outdated collection of random feel-good statements and slogans. Mind you the Greens are not much better, the only thing they've got going in their favour is that their leader Adam Bandt may actually have what passes as a fragile grasp of how our modern monetary system operates. Though they still bang on about corporate tax, corporate handouts etc.

15. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I've come to the conclusion that political acolytes are as simple and as dangerous as the religious sort, which implies that there is a limit to their thinking.

So when politicians get out there on the hustings they are talking to, and taking their ideas from, people with limited perspectives and intellectual abilities. Hence ideas like taxation to create jobs, opening immigration floodgates and destroying irreplaceable resources for short term gain.

adze67, mmm....shiney! and Shaddam IV like this.
  16. Davros10

Davros10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The tail wagging the politician dog?

17. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Precisely.

18. Tennessee

Tennessee Member

Today I have 60k shares of AAPL and 2500 shares of TSLA. Today I will sell 10k sares of AAPL and 500 shares of TSLA. I hope of be out of the market by the end of the week. When I started all this I had no money and was in debt. Do the math, I'm definitely no longer in debt. It's been a long road, but worth it

oziwassabi and sgbuyer like this.
  19. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

we love you when you are free from debt

20. Tennessee

Tennessee Member

Getting out of debt took working 2 jobs for 5 years as you know if you read the wealth thread.
    sold 10k shares of AAPL from 129.5 to 130.5. I just couldn't bring myself to sell TSLA.
    Will sell another 10k shares of AAPL tomorrow.