Gold Stackers Australia- No response for 5 days now - $3500 lost

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by cracka stacka, Jul 29, 2020.

1. cracka stacka

cracka stacka Member

I recently emailed Gold Stackers Australia, bullion dealer and told them to sell my 90 grams of pool allocated platinum. They said ok and sent me a receipt later that day, after the price dipped of course. This was last wednesday 22/7/2020

I also emailed another bullion dealer at the same time and sold 1 ounce of unallocated silver i had with them. Also got a receipt at about the same time, this was also last wednesday 22/7/2020 for both dealers.

On Friday, 24/7/2020, 2 days later, i got an email from the other dealer, asking if my bank details were correct and that the payment they made had bounced. I checked and realised i had given both dealers the wrong account number. I had mixed my BSB and Account number with my 2 bank accounts. I had copied and pasted them for both emails i sent to the dealers, so they were both the same and both wrong as a result. I sent them the correct account number.

I also sent Gold Stackers an email telling them i had given them the wrong account number and gave them the right details and have been emailing them for 5 days now with zero response. They are totally ghosting me. Not a "ok we will check it out" not a "ok leave it with us while we look into it" not a "kiss my ass" nothing.

If the payment from the other dealer bounced then so must have gold stackers payment. So now they just keeping the 3 and half grand and ghosting me like i dont exist.

This is a warning to be careful with dealers holding your stuff or pool allocated and unallocated stuff and as for buying from Gold Stackers, well thats up to you but here is screenshots of my correspondance with them.
    With names and bank details detracted of course.

Oh i cant just post screenshots, i have to work for it, let me see if i can figure it out

2. cracka stacka

cracka stacka Member

3. cracka stacka

cracka stacka Member

I dont want to argue with an admin and get banned or have post deleted but i will just say that , yes it certainly was my mistake, i made an error and gave the wrong account number. Does that mean they should just ghost me? Wouldnt that be a high priority for them to try and correct? Where is the customer service? I know they are a sponsor for this site so your response doesnt surprise me actually.

4. herkyderky

herkyderky Active Member

you must also remember that gold stackers office is in melbourne and thats ground zero atm for corona restrictions etc ;)

REDBACK, paruwka, JS1880 and 2 others like this.
  5. cracka stacka

cracka stacka Member

Well they are quick enough to process orders and reply when enquiring about a purchase so that does not hold up. Also you cant tell me they dont have people working from home online. No they cant use that excuse.

I am going to stop replying to silly comments telling me its my fault. They dont seem to understand. Yes i gave the wrong account number but it would have bounced back to them, it wasnt a valid account. So what, now they just gonna keep it and ghost me? If they even sent it in the first place.

This is about the lack of response, lack of concern, total unprofessionalism and shady behaviour by Gold Stackers. I will keep updating and report any outcome.

6. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This is why I much prefer having a close relationship with my dealer, meaning the smaller competition perform much better customer service wise.

cracka stacka and JS1880 like this.
  7. JS1880

JS1880 Active Member

I understand how upset you must be! You must remember bullion dealers are swamped atm. 100s of deals each day. It is a bull market and they only have so many hours in a day to do so much and cant please everyone instantaneously. Im sure they more than likely processed your sale due to your paperwork. However sometimes the funds dont bounce back straight away and can take a few days for the funds to come back. Also often a charge fee is made for the mistake. They might not even of realised it hadnt been rejected. I trust they will still honour the prices quoted.
    I also dont think it fair you paint all bullion dealers with the same brush.There are many whose reputations are high and there allocated and unallocated programs are exceptional.

66rounds likes this.
  8. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

9. whay

whay Well-Known Member

Physical only.jpg
    Only physical nothing else.....

cracka stacka likes this.
  10. cracka stacka

cracka stacka Member

Also they not as swamped as they would have us believe. It took me many months to save and buy that 90 grams of platinum as i am very poor. I put everything into it. But take a look at these order dates and numbers. They only getting about 50 orders a week. Thats less than 10 a day according to my not so good math skills. Not exactly swamped.

11. JS1880

JS1880 Active Member

It is very disappointing and stressful for you. Hopefully you will have the money in your account very soon.

12. yuripuka

yuripuka Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I made my first ever silver purchase from Goldstackers, and have made many since.

I have always found them excellent to deal with and I am sure that you issue will be resolved, just be a bit patient.

If it was me I would call them, it can be a bit difficult at the moment and if you are located in the USA try calling via skype, it will only cost you a few cents/minute at most.

Quite often a call will help speed things along.

GF, REDBACK, SilverTounge15 and 5 others like this.
  13. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^ Same here.

I got 95% of my stack from Goldstackers. They have always been excellent to deal with. Many times the staff went out of their way to help me. The benefits of building a good relationship with your dealer.

14. cracka stacka

cracka stacka Member

They emailed me this morning and said that the payment had been reversed since last friday when i alerted them. Not sure why the huge delay but they fixed me up and it went in today. They gave me a bit better rate as well so i got a couple hundred extra for the delay and lack of response so Thank you Gold Stackers and thank you Silver Stackers and @yuripuka and everyone, yall rock.

This thread can be deleted as far as i'm concerned, moderaters

slavaja, Silverling, raven and 2 others like this.
  15. SilverTounge15

SilverTounge15 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This thread should never be deleted....
    Lesson/reminder for everyone...

16. The Crow

The Crow Member Silver Stacker

I think there are a couple of valuable lessons here:
    1: Everyone is worried and on edge at the mo'. There is coronavirus and then there is the reaction to it as two distinct elements. I think that the response and the recovery from the response is going to take a lot longer than the course of coronavirus on it's own. Not sure I know better about what government's should do or should have done, but the pain is going to last a long time.
    2: Things take time: I have had a bounce from a wrong transfer, but at the time it occurred, I had so many transactions going through, I had no idea until the recipient complained and I started sifting, to realise that a credit existed that shouldn't. It actually was the recipient's fault, he was a very nice fellow and we fixed it up asap,but it all still took time.
    3: As mother always said: you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. Keeping calm and being polite will get you far further when dealing with normal people. Wait until you know you are being f......d, before lashing out. Saves accidentally shooting people in pyjamas holding cell phones - America's finest strike again.
    4 +: Whatever else I was thinking of, prior to the woman badgering me again......

paruwka, yuripuka, adze67 and 3 others like this.