Midnight to 6am - Overnight Spot Watchers Spot...

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Turk, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Definitely a good, strong market close for both metals.

2. Slimey

Slimey Well-Known Member

Arrgh, that's right matees, clear sailing ahead. After me successful raid on woolworths I've got 35kg of rice in me hold...lets see now...Monday nasi goreng, Tuesday chicken rice, Wednesday rice porridge, Thursday curry and rice.........aaaargh...I'll be 'avin scurvy by Friday.

Bunker, STKR, jultorsk and 6 others like this.
  3. Silverling

Silverling Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thank God the thread is back on track.:D

Arch Stanton and Shaddam IV like this.
  4. Slimey

Slimey Well-Known Member

Aye...back on track...That cunning pirate "The Turk"...he aint tryn to hornswaggle us now.....he can feel somethin' in his bones I say....keep close to shore and keep a good watch laddies........

STKR and Arch Stanton like this.
  5. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

We have just gotten more time to prepare....

6. OneDay

OneDay Active Member Silver Stacker

Coles has some Cheap baked beans $2 for 3 500 gram cans.

Asian shops often have cheaper rice.

Sauekraut should stop the scurvy.

66rounds likes this.
  7. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  8. STKR

STKR Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I firmly believe something BIG is coming down the pike. Who knows, it may have started yesterday/today and we're yet to understand it yet. I think it started when the world decided to go into lockdown. I think this is the beginning of a depression which will last for years and years to come.

Silver and Gold have made some healthy gains. I'm really interested to see where they close by the end of next week. Indian wedding season is coming up and I'm reading multiple articles that they are preferring silver to gold at this time due to the affordability aspect. Investor and jewellery demand could be significant in silver this year...

9. OneDay

OneDay Active Member Silver Stacker

I have a feeling keeping alive could become quite challenging.

STKR likes this.
  10. STKR

Me too. It's a horrible thing to think about, but a means to protect yourself may be more important than any other preparation, other than being mentally and physically healthy.

Makes you question how important gold and silver will be in the most important times if chaos ensues. We've had it way too good for way too long.

66rounds likes this.
  11. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Best metals to stack are lead and brass in hard times.

STKR and JohnnyBravo300 like this.
  12. STKR

Can't argue with that. I reload my own ammo too, so each round will be personal. :p

Holdfast and 66rounds like this.
  13. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yep ammo is an important one and prices have been rising alot at least here in the states. It will never be as cheap as it was I dont think.
    Glad I stocked my ammo when it was more readily available and cheaper.
    My wife needed ammunition for her 357 and I hadn't bought much for that so I got her 1000 rds last week. Not cheap!

STKR likes this.
  14. STKR

Ammo in Oz is crazy expensive. About $2 per round for my 7mm08. $1.30+ for the .223.
    Shotgun and .22lr isn't too bad. The price what made me start reloading my own. Glad I have the equipment now..

I heard in the states the lines for the firearms dealers were down the street at one stage. People who were previously anti-gun were lining up in droves. Even here in AUS there was shortages of ammunition.

Holdfast and 66rounds like this.
  15. JohnnyBravo300

We had record numbers for background checks the last few months. Something like 4 million in 2 or 3 months, never has happened to that extreme even during Obama's reign of terror.
    Sounds like our ammo is about half of what yours costs. Wow that's high dolla stuff there!
    Shotgun shells and 22lr are about the cheapest calibers here too and both excellent choices anyway.
    Shot placement is key anyway as im sure you know.
    In the "Old West" here in the States, firearms and ammo were very expensive back then.
    Its been written that many pioneer families and settlers could only afford one gun and if that was the case it was usually a shotgun because of its versatility.
    The movies make it look like everyone had pearl handled pistols on their hips but that wasnt really the case for most.
    Shotguns were the preferred choice if they could only afford one. The hand cannon was the go-to back in the day.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
    STKR likes this.
  16. JohnnyBravo300

My daughter and her bf bought a few guns a couple months ago and there was 1200 people ahead of them waiting on their background checks to clear.
    They had to return the next day after it had finally gone through to pick up their purchases.
    I've had to wait 45 minutes for mine to clear at a gun show once and I considered that to be a long wait haha. The fastest was probably around 10 minutes.
    Nowadays even a 45 minute wait is unheard of.

Holdfast likes this.
  17. JohnnyBravo300

Mandatory mask requirement here in Colorado as of yesterday so perfect reason for me to open carry now.
    A long ago law made here in the old days still on the books says it's illegal to carry and gun and conceal your identity with a face covering, so it's a perfect excuse and a legal one at that.
    I normally would only open carry in the woods because I dont like it to be seen in public but it's different now. Thank you to those olden time bandits!
    A mask or a gun, I think I've made my choice!

18. mal

mal Member

Here in aust permit to aquire to buy a bang stick since the start of the year if electronic has ranged from an hour or so up to 3 weeks. At one point with the shutdown they were completely paused or not able to submit

STKR likes this.
  19. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

there is a bandit in everyone now, just can't tell the difference since it is all in the name of the law

20. Turk

Turk Active Member

To my Loyal Crew:

I’m honestly surprised that there was absolutely no sign of any crash on the 17th. The 17th was the only date I had and it was a very specific piece of information. The date was derived from a series of time interval calculations that were in turn based upon external information that had absolutely proven to be 100% correct. There were actually three components to the calculations and the first two calculations (which I have not shared with anyone here) were accurate to the minute over a period of three weeks. I’m now re-checking my calculations and the information I was given to see whether I’ve made a mistake in my interpretation or assumptions.

I don’t have any ‘secondary’ date right now. I’m not the only one who is puzzled. The date was not a random guess. It was highly-specific and posted in good faith, yet clearly I was mistaken somewhere. People have suggested that perhaps something hidden took place on Friday which we have not seen yet publicly – yet I am expecting a very significant public event to occur.

Naturally (as you might guess) I’m very happy to be ‘wrong’. I actually have no desire to be ‘right’ when being right can only mean suffering for everyone. Even adequate preps are only half of the battle and are by no means a guarantee of survival.

I know I am not the only one who is feeling a ‘temporary reprieve’ right now. I personally did everything I could to prepare myself by the 17th – and it was exhausting. (I was up all night on Friday!) Right now however, things ‘out there’ look as normal as they can, all ‘viral’ things considered!

However, I must continue to encourage everyone to genuinely keep preparing for an event that is clearly still to come. I wish I had a second date to offer - even tentatively – because right now we are faced with the need to remain vigilant because things may suddenly ‘go south’ at any moment.

Those of you who doubted my words have every reason to feel pleased that you were ‘right’. But this is not about being right or wrong – it’s about each of us doing the best we can to support each other and even take risks when we believe something might be helpful to others. I’ve got big shoulders so I can take being ridiculed if anyone wants to do that, but I don’t regret trying to warn my friends – and nothing will discourage me from taking the same risk again if I honestly believe I can genuinely help someone. I believe many of you would do the same thing if the situation was reversed. Those of you who understand what is coming will know exactly what I mean.

Please take a moment to consider your own situation and imagine how you would be today if you were still unprepared and were suddenly trapped by the collapse beginning on Friday. I would not feel happy to be ‘right’ at your expense; instead, I would be sad that I could no longer do anything further to help you. But if you are not fully prepped right now then I must seriously warn you that you still face that same terrible outcome at some unknown point in the future. I’m glad that you might have some ‘extra time’ to prepare, and I urge every one of you to take advantage of the current situation for it may be brief. I have also presented you with warnings from trustworthy experts who possess decades of experience – and who are uniformly explaining why the crash is now imminent. It cannot be postponed indefinitely. Without having a specific date we must now expect the crash to occur at ‘any moment’. We simply do not know how much time we have left, however we don’t need a date in order to know the main details about what is coming.

I want to quickly pass on some practical advice for those of you who are prepping here in Melbourne. The product limits at Coles and Woollies are making things very hard for some people to get what they need, in terms of carb staples like rice and flour and milk powders etc. May I recommend that you try going to ALDI, as they have no limits on anything (right now!) and I’ve found their quality to be consistently very high and their prices are always very reasonable. Another big supplier that I highly recommend is ‘Hindustan’ at 50 Greens Road, Dandenong. (Check out their website.) No product limits and they have massive commercial bags of grains and flours and rices etc. They deliver to Melb Metro for just $15. If you need to get your food fast you can go there tomorrow and easily come home with 500kg of food. Their prices are excellent too; they beat many wholesalers and even the bigger markets like Queen Vic, South Melb, Preston and Prahran etc. They have tinned meat and fish, 5 gallon drums of oils, dried vegies and massive tins of tomatoes, sauces, pastes and condiments etc. Prepper heaven!

Can I also encourage you to (if possible) buy a few ‘extra’ things to share with any elderly people you might know? One kilo of flour costs about a dollar, and one kilo of rice costs even less. Even five measly dollars’ worth of extra supplies put aside right now might sustain an elderly person for an extra week or so. I know several of you are already doing this and you will never forget the gratitude you will receive when you help someone who is frightened and unable to help themselves.

People have been asking me what the metals will do when the crash happens. That’s a tough question. I think what we saw happen in March is the best guide we have right now. I expect enormous volatility as folk liquidate their metals to raise cash, then a strong move up as the forced sellers fade and ten thousand new panicked buyers flood in to support prices.

Gold and silver are not at a ‘top’ right now by any means. It certainly might feel that way based on the bitter experiences we have all had since 2012, but both metals are now on the cusp of big and sustained up-moves. The pain we have all felt in recent years has mainly occurred as both metals have steadily attacked and broken through many long-term momentum barriers. Those overhead barriers are almost all gone now so you may be quite surprised at how quickly silver runs up to 25 and then presses on to tackle 30 after a slight pause.

We had a strong move up last night. I expect most of that move will retrace down to around 19.60 again in about 72 hours as the new longs are stopped out, but the recovery will probably be rapid and we should soon be knock knock knocking at twenties door again.

Bunker, Southerner, MC Silver and 6 others like this.