This time its different. Silver to $40+

Discussion in 'Silver' started by President Trump, Jun 23, 2020.

1. President Trump

President Trump Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think everyone accepts that the price gains in PM after 2008/09 were caused by QE. In my opinion the reason it fell again was because the markets believed that the fed would eventually reverse the QE. To some extent the QE also worked, in that the economy improved and there are better investments, in a thriving economy, than PM. Remove the noise, and the bullish proposition for PM now is simple, the previous QE has not been reversed and now there is an even bigger injection added and the economy is definitely not thriving.
    I like to recognise the bearish argument: Last time QE's positive effect on the price of PM took a few years to play out. This time financial cycles seem to have accelerated, we have had gains in gold and we are already getting close to the top. We can look through this little upset. Silver is an industrial metal now, and so it wont follow gold anyway.
    My view ...on the record: Silver has been stuck in a $10 range since the end of 2014, hitting a high of just over $21 in 2016 and a low of of about $11 in March. That price in March was the lowest since Feb 2009. The $7 price movement from the recent spike low to $17.86 today has been quite steady. If silver can rise another $3.50 it will hit a high it has not seen since 2014. $3.50 seems like a lot, but the March low created a lot of momentum. The economy isn't going to present the alternative investments that a thriving economy would. Gold looks set to make new highs and should pull silver along. There is likely more QE on the way and the private buying of bullion silver seems to have noticeably picked up. Just my 2 cents worth. Silver has a lot of shrills, but I reckon we are almost at the time on the broken clock, things look different to almost any time in the last 6 years to me.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  2. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Australian Summer / US winter may be the turning point, but September 2020, we could see metal prices move.

Silver has always done better than gold by percentage.
    Silver is forming a strong base at current levels. But, that's for spot prices.
    For Australians; if our dollar drops against the USD, precious metal will rise. (Yes, everyone knows that) :)o_O

Having said that, some folk still believe all silver and all gold is in the same basket which is far from the truth.
    Buying bars for some is a strategy, some like coins, some both and of course our paper players have been raking in the $s :eek::D

Buying coins has the advantage of owning precious metal + numismatic appreciation, especially
    for some of the new releases we have seen in Australian such as:

*2020 Double Pixiu 1oz Silver Bullion Coin
    *2020 Australian Brumby 1oz Silver Bullion Coin
    *2020 Welcome Stranger 2oz silver Piedfort Bullion Coin
    *2020 Australian Kookaburra Mother & Baby 2oz Silver Bullion Piedfort Coin

With the collector appeal and some being the first in a series, they bring back memories of the
    release of the Australian Swan 2017 1oz Silver bullion Coin which often has a sale price of over $120AUD.

To me, the rise in precious metal prices and the gurus who sprook that the prices are going this way or that way are just background noise.
    Schiff, Maloney, Austin, Holter, Williams, Sinclair, Kirby, Mannarino are all well respected Gentlemen, all have been saying for years and
    years that "This Will Happen, That Will Happen" but often their words have become like a Fed printing press.

Diversity in what you buy, when you buy, why you buy is a personal preference, it's often related to how old you are,
    your strategy or "no" strategy, your skill-set, if you care about making millions or are happy with a beer money.

No one is privy to the future, but history helps folk decide their options.
    Lastly, sorry for going a bit off topic, but there will always be times to make or loose money.

Edit
    PS, the coins I mentioned I have and sell. They are an example of 2020 coins doing ok.

adze67, STKR, Silverling and 2 others like this.
  3. President Trump

Agreed. Its always worth looking at what is happening in the Aussie. In a buoyant global economy the Aussie should do well so like most risk assets. So the Aussie is doing well now because the QE is creating this illusion. If QE has to end or loses effect the Aussie will fall. Small businesses in Australia have been pumped fall of cash. But this is meant to end in September. Will the Aussie and Global economy be back on foot before QE ends? If QE continues to work and is unlimited then the Aussie wont fall. Aussie silver owners wont get this benefit but this should mean Silver and Gold rise more because of the extra QE. It is hard for me to see a senario where PM fall over the next year. But I got it wrong in 2011.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    STKR likes this.
  4. SliderC

SliderC Active Member

Unless you have a business, or a career, which is earning you disposable income, have no personal debt and are looking to preserve wealth...buying gold and silver is a HOBBY. Your not going to change your life, you may or may not come out ahead, by how much though? How much time are you putting into gold and silver research, forums, buying, selling that could be invested in a new skill, a career upgrade, your business. Hobbyists that "invest" in gold and silver are just that, casuals for the most part, who have found a hobby that doesnt cost them anything in the long run, great. But to dream that one day you will be rich because you stacked gold and silver and spending day after day pondering when that day will come, taking a peice here and a peice there? your better off working on your career or other active assets if you want real financial change. Gold and Silver, unless your a dealer, are a hedge...or a savings mechanism (which reverts back to...the more you earn, the more you can save). Trying to guess when the market will move up or down is pretty fruitless, just earn more, save more and you will be fine when and if it happens.

adze67, Sawman, PhilDePunter and 8 others like this.
  5. Slimey

Slimey Well-Known Member

WWWWHHHHAAAAAATTTTTTT???????............Make money from actually working? Are you on the right forum?
    I think I had better enlighten you SliderC. You are on the precious metals forum (Disneyland for mostly male adults).
    We are hunting for that golden goose. We are looking for our golden (silver) Princess. We dream. Please do not tell us that this is all a fairytale.
    Wealth without work, gains without pain, money growing on trees. That is why I am here.

6. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

im just here for da bitches and hoes lol

7. President Trump

That is good advice Slider C. I don't disagree at all, except that I think everyone should own a bit of gold and silver and not necessarily as a hobby, but as part of their financial plan. A bonus that comes from being interested in the direction of the price of gold and silver or any financial asset actually is that it leads to a better understanding of economics. So I want to discuss direction and why that direction.

Bullion Stax and STKR like this.
  8. President Trump

Then you need to bid here. Cause that's as close as you'll get on here.

9. 316ag

316ag Active Member

If you’ve got 10 oz’s of Au or 100 oz’s of Ag consider Monetary Metals. Earn interest paid in physical gold or silver. Better interest than a bank will pay. Aussie investors deposit their Metal at ABC Sydney. Keith Weiner is a clever dude. Subscribe to his newsletter it’s free.

Holdfast likes this.
  10. Slimey

Slimey Well-Known Member

Aint no bitches here.........but there can be a lot of bitching.

11. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

Precious metal forum with no gold diggers, wtf lol

12. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

[​IMG]

jultorsk, Karoi and Jason1 like this.
  13. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

They need a shower first

14. Karoi

Karoi Well-Known Member

What kind of shower are you referring to o_O

sellmeyourbullion likes this.
  15. Silverling

Silverling Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I agree with this too. I do it as a hobby as I'm retired and get a lot of fun out of it. Plus this is a hobby where you might snag the right release coin and bingo you got a little profit for yourself. Some people have hobbies that cost them 10's of thousands dollars and it is a depreciating asset that you can only lose money on.

Whenever I make a large purchase of PM's I always ask myself this question. Can you ride out an immediate price drop of 20 to 30%? If your answer is no then don't do it because it could take 10 years to get your money back. This is a worst case scenario but it is real and can happen. But on the other hand if you buy the right gear and you have patience it could well pay off for you. It's definitely not a get rich quick scheme but is a lot of fun and you could even make a some money out of it, not many hobbies around where you can make a profit.

16. lunar

lunar Member

I'm betting this time is different. I've sold most my silver now and probably won't buy another dip. The anti QE crazies that drove the last silver bubble have been going crazy all over in defi crypto with 400-700% returns in the last 3 months.

Shaddam IV likes this.
  17. mattyman174

mattyman174 Active Member

It makes me sad, Id really love to get some shiny 2020s but the premiums are just astronomical...

18. 316ag

316ag Active Member

19. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It's an awesome hobby and I love collecting metals.
    No plans on ever selling here until I'm an old man and only if I had to, hopefully I can just pass it down.
    I would trade silver for gold when the ratios close but that's the only thing I would do, otherwise I dont care day to day what it does.

20. President Trump

Last Tuesday silver was at 17.86 which is exactly where it is today one week later. Fundamentals are the same. The chart looks to be consolidating at a pivot.
    Its an awesome hobby but here I'll be talking about price direction.