8.92 Gold nuggets refined

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand (Public)' started by IlikeSilver, Jun 16, 2020.

1. IlikeSilver

IlikeSilver Member

This was a collection of small nuggets from a property at Sofala N.S.W, Refined down to remove some quarts and rock particles,100% pure Sofala Gold For sale Spot price of what ever time it may sell, postage will be $10 express with signature required

Attached Files:

kilo, SilverDelta, 1for1 and 2 others like this.
  2. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Would you consider posting for XRF first or perhaps have XRF results to share?

3. Silver Soul

Silver Soul Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That button looks pretty damn pure. I'd like to see an XRF of it too if possible

66rounds likes this.
  4. Sanjay Majeehar

Sanjay Majeehar Member

Interested.

5. IlikeSilver

IlikeSilver Member

hey guys i dont have any test done on it,but i know for a fact this is 100% legit,refined down nuggets from Sofala, i found them over a year or so at a mates property,i have images of what it was pre refined on my mobile somewhere,

6. REDBACK

REDBACK Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Color looks good, i think what people are asking is who refined these nuggets as refining provenance affects judgement of purity without an XRF test.
    And if they come back not .9999 would you back the sale with a refund or alternatively post to an XRF available buyer to confirm.
    REDBACK

7. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

as far as I know, all nuggets are not 999 pure even when you remove quarts or debris

IlikeSilver, Boyscout and C.H. like this.
  8. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

^^^^ yup, to the OP, The reason people asking is natural gold isnt usually pure gold, has other metals in it, that require more than just melting to remove. Needs correct refining to bring to 24k, so people want to know how pure it is. So they require it tested to know the exact gold content to know correct value, im sure the nug is real, the question is more about its purity Eg 24k,22k 18k snd so on.
    Usually if refined by a pro refinery it has a stamping, simply having it tested and posting those results helps with confidence.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    IlikeSilver likes this.
  9. HudsonDesign

HudsonDesign Active Member Silver Stacker

Exactly. No nuggets etc are usually pure, although im from the area and sofala/hillend etc gold its usually very high grade. (95%+)

In the end yes people buying it are taking the risk that its not that pure. Thats the point really and why hes selling it at spot I guess.

To the OP.

Worst to worst Grappys will pay 90% of spot, and xrf test etc all themselves. Thats what I have done with mine. No issues. So you might not get spot here, but you can get pretty close with very little effort or stress going with grappys.

IlikeSilver likes this.
  10. IlikeSilver

IlikeSilver Member

I understand what you guys are saying,my pictures dont really help either,taken at night and not focused properly,it might be better to sell it on ebay i guess,i cant verify its actual content and i dont want to rip anyone off,i know its fairly pure gold as i have handled alot of the stuff over the years,in bullion or coin form mostly,but you kinda get used to that deep rich gold colour of pure 24k Gold and this i can safely say without any tests is way up there for purity,but thanks anyways guys

11. REDBACK

REDBACK Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Once you get to around 96% purity the colour rendering to 24ct is pretty much the same.At $2520/oz spot the price difference is $2419 around $100.
    Its starts to become a consideration.
    Likesilver~Appreciate your straight forward response regardless
    REDBACK
    Better to keep the nuggets in as is condition there will be plenty of interest either way.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  12. IlikeSilver

IlikeSilver Member

Cheers mate,I found it anyways so spot price or what ever price hopefully close to it then it’s all profit just the same,I don’t understand why it would be worth more with rocks/quarts in it, it seems I did a bad thing melting them down haha, but I’m not out to be greedy or anything, but thanks Anyways mate

13. Grizzly

Grizzly Active Member

I don't if this website that I'm going to link to is any good or not, but if it is correct then your gold from NSW is somewhere between 92% and 98% gold. The rest is other metals naturally combined with the gold that you would not get rid of just by melting it down and getting rid of the quartz. So people are trying to figure out exactly how much of the weight is pure gold, which would then set the price. http://www.gold-net.com.au/archivemagazines/jul02/33503861.html