Too late/risky to start buying silver now?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Nationalist, Apr 25, 2011.

1. paecha01

paecha01 New Member

I wouldnt be buying physical silver unless it drops below $40 USD again.
    Gold at this point makes more sense.

2. paecha01

paecha01 New Member

And yes. Nobody should be investing in anything without doing their own research. They should thoroughly understand what they are buying into!

3. BigBen

BigBen New Member

Nice picture mate.
    All i know is, im a natural contrarian and this is screaming get out now to me, and i respect the other side of the fence entirely. Each to they're own. I just know it is healthy to adopt a viewpoint from the other point of view, as every dollar it goes up means someone is getting out of the market as well, try and read articles that both post negative and positive views on Silver. Then take a step back and just look at it all as if it were some game, what does it all really mean to you, is this realistic? Then decide, you arnt swapping money, your swapping time for this.
    Be very careful, easy money has been made. Volatility will be king here on in.

Very interesting this as i have studied with a few commodity options traders who put big spreads on at start of year, they are more than sweating to say the least hehe.

4. wannabesilver

wannabesilver New Member

"Thanks for the intelligent responses. This is a great forum. I wish I'd come across it sooner. Up until now I've only been reading US forums where silver stacking seems to go hand in hand with gun collecting and food storage."

There is a reason for this. If we go down so does everybody else. There should be a balance between the three. Here is why- Silver is worth what it is worth. If your currency crashes how will you determine its value? Silver then becomes a hedge because it has a purpose other than money. You are either using silver as an investor or a prepper. I am a prepper so I buy when I can because I believe eventually my paper will only be used to start fires but at least my silver will be tradeable. As an investor there is money to be made but physical silver is not the best way to go as an investor because of logistics (buy physical wait for price increases and sell-then buy on the dips----screw this it can't be done.) Even if you have money enough to buy 100s or 1000s of ounces if the currency collapses then what have you made. There is a slight possibility that 1980 will repeat itself. If it does you can still eat the food, and use or sale the guns. Silver however will go to its useable price level.

This is not to say that you can't be an investor and a prepper at the same time but if you are just now getting into the game---being an investor you are not.

5. wannabesilver

wannabesilver New Member

I did not mean for that to be rude... Just can't say it any better. Hope we all make fortunes or stand when everyone else falls.

6. wannabesilver

wannabesilver New Member

The first paragraph was quoting Nationalist as I have not yet figured out how to do the quotes like everybody else (and yes it is because I am lazy.)

But I am with ya (you all)

7. wannabesilver

wannabesilver New Member

I should quote you Matrix "even your family and friends will become victims." LOL Prophesy or just an accident? Laugh laugh laugh. LLL. I just made it up. :D

8. wannabesilver

wannabesilver New Member

I think I am just going to remain lazy. LOL Easy enough, Thanks.