1981 perth mint gold medallion 150th centennial coin

Discussion in 'Gold' started by gold-nugget33, Jun 13, 2020.

1. gold-nugget33

gold-nugget33 New Member

does anybody know anything about this medallion. It was a gift to me from my grandfather . I dont think they made many. i believe its quite rare. does anyone have any idea about the value of this coin?
    thanks thumbnail_20200613_162012.jpg thumbnail_20200613_162022.jpg

Holdfast likes this.
  2. stackmans

stackmans Active Member

Beautiful

3. nutshell

nutshell Active Member

My grandfather babysat me one new years eve. He didn't have much money and his wife had just passed away. While the usual times square new years played in black and white on the tv he told me stories ranging from driving a team and wagon as a teamster in Jersey City to watching destroyers chasing german subs in the distance off the beach in Point Pleasant as an air raid warden. As the ball dropped in times square he told me it was time for my bed then stood up reached into his pocket and pulled out a quarter. He handed it me and said it was a gift for sitting there and listening to an old man,s stories. That quarter was priceless and with the inflation of time passing is worth about as much as an ounce of gold today.

My apologies for that digression. Its been awhile since I thought about my grandfather. Thanks for reminding me.