Another bears "Facts on Silver"

Discussion in 'Silver' started by dragonslive, Apr 26, 2011.

1. The Merchant

The Merchant New Member

And in this volatile market keep close eye on the one minute charts

2. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

* You've got me thinking about the difference between a flipper and a stacker. Stacking is, IMHO, the safer option.

* I personally believe that at present, Gold is great value in AUD

3. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I don't have the nerve to be a flipper errol43 - my sleep at night factor is very high.
    Agree gold in Oz is great value though and although it could crash down, the risk is slight I think.

4. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

He basically says, this is THE TOP in silver, or the whole global financial system is about to collapse.

Not 'a' top or a 'short term' top .... THE TOP.

-----
    One of two things is going to happen. Either we are at a top and silver is about to crash both hard and long, or the world's financial system is about to fall apart. I have been an advocate of a total financial crash for a lot longer than most writers. I was writing about the dangers of derivatives in 2002 when they were 15% of what they are now.

But I don't believe the world's financial system is going to crash next week. As in January of 1980, the silver bulls are going to be the ones losing money. You can't profit if you don't sell and all the permabulls are screaming "Buy, buy, buy." As they will at every top. Buying at record high prices is rarely profitable. But perhaps this time it really is different.
    -----

5. The Merchant

The Merchant New Member

I wonder how many people in the main stream investment community have been 'screaming' a top on gold over the last several years.

My solution to this whole issue, own both silver and gold. Buy slowly into each that way i have some diversification.

If silver does come back, remember, how many of us bought all our holdings of silver at near the current prices?

Sure if there is a serious pull back, some of the more recent purchases might become underwater. But not the whole holding.

Keep the eyes focussed on the larger cycle. Thats my overriding opinion.
    (and own both silver and gold)

6. The Merchant

The Merchant New Member

7. rbaggio

8. Nub Cannon

Nub Cannon New Member

I wonder how he knows there is 19 billion ounces above ground?

9. wannabesilver

wannabesilver New Member

Who cares? You can't be a stacker if you are playing the market! Is this a siverstackers forum or a silver investors forum? I know you can do both but if you own physical you aren't playing the market.

10. Nub Cannon

Nub Cannon New Member

So according to that, 2.5 billion ounces of silver is "investment grade" silver , right?

11. wannabesilver

wannabesilver New Member

Gotta read deeper don't ya Nub Cannon

12. wannabesilver

wannabesilver New Member

If gold is good then silver is great. Back to work, see you all tomorrow.

13. rbaggio

That's the thing with a lot of these people spreaking FOR or AGAINST silver. Often they have vested interests.

As hobo-jo has pointed out, this guy has publically said he will short silver. 1 month and many dollars price rise later, he is telling everyone silver is about to crash "long and hard". Vested interests much?

Then we have others (e.g. SGTBull07) who come out with ridulous statements like:
    * Silver:Gold ratio in the earth is 16:1
    * Gold is $1500
    * Therefore silver MUST rise to >$90 etc etc.

Great logic there. I do enjoy some of SGTBull07's videos, but you need to question logic like the above.

It ties in with the other vid I posted yesterday, Chris @ TheWeeklyTelegram. Do your own research! Don't rely on the words of anyone on this forum or anywhere else.

14. Slam

Slam Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Isn't there like 6 billion oz of gold mined in the whole of this earth to date. If there is 19 billion oz of silver, well that is only a ratio of about 3.3 to 1.

There's one thing that no one has really discussed, is Silver a commodity or a monetary metal like gold.

Answer: I believe it is what the masses want to believe it to be.

At the moment, the people that have silver and trade it believe it to be money. If we can convert the masses to stack and accept it as well. Then its money. Contrast to this, gold is money. People around the world accept and know what it is. In order to get us back to the 16:1 or lower ratio's it needs to be accepted as money.

At the moment, the price increases will lead more people into having that belief as it maintains value and was money throughout history.

Interesting times, I'm still going to sit and hold. Although I am not adding any more to my position.

Slam

15. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Moriarty is upset that silver has risen so much after his top call. Considering he has top called before and been wrong, I don't know why this time has upset him so much. I do know he was challenged with the $38 call and banned the challenger from his web site. I wonder where he is getting the bullish consensus % view. I know very few people that are bullish on silver. Most people couldn't guess within $10-20 of the current price of silver. Even most silver investors I know have not been comfortable with the magnitude of this price rise. How can something can be in a bubble when few want to own it and those that do are largely uncomfortable with the current price. I think Moriarty is seriously damaged what is left of his reputation with that article.

At most this is a short-term top. Considering silver was $35.30 on March 20th when I purchased the Canadian Grizzlies, it is hard to get upset about silver only being $10 higher in 37 days. I am upset that golddealer.ca has not delivered the Grizzlies and cannot even tell me when they will be delivered. Lesson learned about wiring funds to a dealer I did not have prior experience with.

16. bluenetworx

bluenetworx New Member

17. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Thanks for the link, great read LOL

I love how these 'seasoned' traders are wrong more than right, I pretty much just do the exact opposite of what these guys say and come out ahead ;)

18. Turk

Turk Active Member

There are Bulls, and there are Bears - and then there's Bob - lost somewhere in the middle...

Quote:

Buying at record high prices is rarely profitable.
    But perhaps this time it really is different.

19. BullionBull

BullionBull New Member

My god, what a lot of content-free drivel. After reading this it's going to take a week to wash the stupid off.