WTB: 1/10 oz Gold Kookaburra. 2020

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand (Public)' started by SouthCoastSilver, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Silverbullet82

Silverbullet82 Member

The bullionnow ones were a couple days ago. I saw the video at around midnight released and instantly went to their website for the short time they were available they were $334 so i didnt buy any. I want that coin too but i dont want to pay that much

66rounds and Ivykoin like this.
  2. JS1880

JS1880 Active Member

Bullion Now had a $90 premium on the kooks. Will seem cheap in a few years imo.

66rounds, Silverbullet82 and Boyscout like this.
  3. Boyscout

Boyscout Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I agree.
    Time will tell, in the meantime i will grab me a few more

JS1880 likes this.
  4. Silver smith

Silver smith Active Member

With gold dropping, do you think they will reduce the price.

What is spot for 1/10 for gold

thankyou

heartastack likes this.
  5. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

lol dude that’s the laziest request I’ve seen haha spot 1/10th gold is spot gold with the decimal point moved one place to the left.. $~241 Aud

1for1, Scrubs, Boyscout and 2 others like this.
  6. SouthCoastSilver

SouthCoastSilver Active Member

Premiums on 1/10th oz are always a bit high

7. KangaBanga

KangaBanga Active Member

Ainslie been selling at too high a premium I guess. Ever since the run on physical gold and silver coins couple months back all the premiums have been jacked up due to supply problems. But it seems bullion dealers are now starting to get in stock from PM and even overseas mints as covid restrictions are relaxed worldwide and mints come back online. Plus with stock market and Covid shock settling down, there will be less interest in precious metals.

Besides the 15k mintage means its not that rare and most gold stackers would be stacking 1oz coins anyways. There are some 2020 1oz coins from perth mint that only have 5000 mintage this year.

1for1 and heartastack like this.
  8. heartastack

what are you tipping as the better gold coin for 2020?

9. KangaBanga

KangaBanga Active Member

Well I am asian so I am partial to the double dragon round or rectangular coin. PM could really kick things up a notch if they started making a mythical creature series like dragons/phoenix/mermaids/I actually really like the new Lunar RAT 1oz gold coin from Royal Aus Mint, as like the kookaburra coin the queens head is shrunk to a tiny size, and its got all the lunar animals running around the queens heads which is really comical! Will probably snap it up from ABC bullion if gold falls more as AUD goes back up. But that means I will have to collect one from RAM every year :(

GRAMRAT01_2.jpg

Of course, the 1/10 oz kook has the queens head shrunk down even more and has pretty nice graphics on both sides as well, but yeah its still 1/10oz and not really that limited mintage compare lets say the 2020 double EMUs with 5k mintage. But then again the double emus are not really that pretty either. Hope PM does the wedge tail eagle in gold ;D

Killerbala, Ivykoin and 66rounds like this.
  10. heartastack

Ok thanks for the details it sounds a bit subjective though (nothing wrong with passion for gold!). Are you an experienced stacker and coin flipper though? Mintage doesn’t always guarantee a return that’s why it is mentioned that this is the first gold kook - 1st coins in a series can become very popular but it may take some years for collectors to start paying super-premiums to complete collections.
    Also, with gold price getting quite high the 1/10 oz will be far more accessible to the average stacker who just wants to put away a few hundred dollars a month and doesn’t want to drop nearly $3k per purchase.

Holdfast, Boyscout and jultorsk like this.
  11. KangaBanga

KangaBanga Active Member

Nah I don't know jack about stacking gold or silver, just my personal subjective opinion, only been buying gold since Feb this year as diversification from stocks and as an insurance.

But the premium for stacking 1/10oz gold coins I find is just ridiculous. Rather save up for at least 1oz. Or maybe it's only this period of covid making premiums high.

Well really depends on person i guess. I just saw PM will release a 5oz high relief wedge tail eagle, that could be worth collecting maybe.

I mean if u wanna be a gold coin collector u either go big or go home?

heartastack likes this.
  12. heartastack

10 years ago I had a lot of thoughts about stacking and I was mostly wrong about everything and in retrospect I would like to scrub some of my embarrassing posts and assumptions on this forum (long buried in ancient threads though luckily) but like anything worthwhile in life you gotta learn by doing. Keep stacking and keep learning!

Boyscout likes this.
  13. Boyscout

Boyscout Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think that in the long term the biggest mistake that people can make is to not stack BU

I think back 5 years ago when 1 Oz coins like Buffs and S2 Luners were been sold at Dealers for under $1,450 a piece

And all the Various Silver that was available at Bullion Bourse.

Holdfast likes this.
  14. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Any more examples?