Kentor Gold (KGL)

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by Roswell Crash Survivor, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Roswell Crash Survivor

Roswell Crash Survivor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Any one got any thoughts on Kentor Gold (ASX:KGL)?

Operations in Kyrgyz Republic in Central Asia, main project is Andash is estimating gold production costs at US$29/Oz once copper credits are factored in.

Planning open-pit production at an average annual rate of 70,000 oz gold and 7,400 tonnes copper for an initial six years.

First pour est. Q1 2012.

2. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

I had a look at Kentor - didnt meet my requirements for investment. I dont have enough money to invest in every company :)

Large (continuous prefferable) Tenament holding and good location
    High Grade if any drill results
    Good managment - experienced, history of meeting targets on budget
    Stable Share structure

3. Blame_Game

Blame_Game New Member

Hi Roswell,

I'v been watching Kentor for a few months now.

They are having trouble shaking the ICT's 20% claim on Andash (AMC). The latest news is that the Talas Court ruled that the ICT has no claim. However ICT can continue to appeal to higher courts.

Although it really doesn't make a difference to Kentor who owns the last 20% (ICT or Kyrgyz Government), ICT continues to claim that Kentor was somehow responsible for the loss of its holding in AMC.

I would like to see the whole thing put to bed before diving in.

4. bigodds

bigodds New Member

This stock was once tipped as a BUY by Kris Sayce from Australian Small Cap Investigator. He has since taken profits and suggest to sell....Although there could still be some upside ?

5. Blame_Game

Blame_Game New Member

Roswell Crash Survivor,

Not sure if you noticed the latest announcment from KGL but the ICT claim has sprung up again. The court process looks pretty terrible over there but I am confident it will continue to rule against ICT.

I think the key note in the release is that the case AGAINST Kentor has been pretty much dropped. This is good news, but the saga will continue to hold the SP down.

6. Roswell Crash Survivor

Roswell Crash Survivor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks for the heads-up, was aware of the past history but not the latest development. The Oblast Court supported the lower court's decision last time. Is ICT just trying to poison the well for Kentor?

With 20% of the Andash claim owned by a pseudo-State-owned Enterprise ('Krygz Minerals Expedition') I doubt the courts will rule against Kentor. Subtle collusion between the executive power and the legal authority of government isn't *always* a bad thing...