Poland Mint Viking Series (5)

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by barsenault, May 25, 2020.

1. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Yet another in a long line of look alike pieces - Trinkets, when do you suspect the golden goose is strangled and put out her misery? Has to be close yes?

If anyone is interested in these (I’m not) - and is patient, I think you’ll find them on eBay for under 250.00 (or lower) at some point soon! Art in coins has some, but I think he was close to selling out!

What this has going for it over the other look alikes is, at least the designers and sponsors were FINALLY smart enough to declare how many are in the series! Kudos to them for that!

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
    ERIC BLOODAXE – VIKINGS – 2020 2 oz Pure Silver Antique Coin with Selective Gold Plating – Mint of Poland – Niue
    The first coin of the exclusive series called Vikings, which will a 5 coin series

The first issue features Eric Bloodaxe.

The 2 oz High Relief Pure silver coin is finished in an antique finish and rimless with selective gold and rose gilding.

Each coin is packed in a beautiful wood case with a colorful graphic dust jacket and has a certificate of authenticity from the Mint of Poland, with serial number etched on rim of coin.

STORY

Eric Haraldsson, nicknamed Eric Bloodaxe, was a 10th-century Norwegian ruler. It is widely speculated that he had short-lived terms as King of Norway and twice as King of Northumbria

SPECIAL FEATURES

• Low Mintage of 500 coins worldwide !
    • High Relief
    • Fantastic Artwork on both obverse and reverse sides of the coin
    • Uniform obverse throughout the series.
    • Serial Number engraved on rim

Attached Files:

2. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

I think it has already happened: the fact that MoP keeps releasing more Chinese themed coins was the first sign. The releases since the end of last year have been pretty much dead in the water: initial pricing is lower, price increments are lower, and most importantly releases aren't selling out. The latest "Gods" issue of Apollo, which was the series that kicked things off for them, hasn't done very well (I wasn't a fan of the latest design).

Covid has made things worse, but dealers aren't learning. Most of the new releases from all mints over the last several months have not been selling well - although bullion has seen a nice resurgence.

For the Vikings coin, I actually don't mind the design, but I've been following the prices since they went live this morning and they aren't moving. PowerCoin did one price increase thus far from $316.23 to $327.14 US.

And almost forgot: it was funny that they did list the actual number in the series. At least we know there is a limit to how long they will try and milk it for :)

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  3. barsenault

How many ‘series’ has the MoP produced? And no one knows if there’s another (Titans?). And for many others, no one knows when it will end. They are jokers over at the MoP (or whoever is responsible) to allow this nonsense to continue - out of touch with the market. They have 5 Chinese series out now? And who knows which will continue and which will die on a vine? I have a few more to unload and I’m done with those crazies. Power Coin are producing good stuff...and limiting their variations. Hopefully they continue. And when they do create, there are definitive requirements in place.

4. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

They seem to subscribe to the shotgun approach :) . It was funny that they actually stated a number for the series this time, but I'll be curious to see if they live up to it. Outside of the four horsemen series, I'm not sure if they ever listed an actual count for any of their other series (but I could be wrong, considering how many there are).

Power Coin have been pretty good in series themes, number of releases, and quality. Following a less is more approach works very well, especially in times like this when people have less to spend and are less willing to follow fads. And yeah, they seem to have an actual plan in place for releases.

It's similar when you compare MoP to someone like CIT. Different tiers (price and design), varied designs, and partnerships that seem to push their offerings.

But hey, at least this wasn't another Poland MOH. They're probably saving that for the second release :D

5. barsenault

What is MOH?

6. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

The US mint has ASE, RCM has SML, and Mint of Poland has MOH: "Man on Horse" :D

Since most of Poland's releases seem to have some variation of a man and a horse, it's kind of how I think of them now.

7. barsenault

That’s a hoot...and true!!