Best Silver Plays on the ASX

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by 1for1, May 17, 2020.

1. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

We know silver has been kept very low but the time is now to invest in silver stocks to enjoy spectacular upside.

What are the best producers and explorers to invest in? By product or pure .. Who has the cheapest AISC?

I am going to have another look around now.. A neglected sector forever really... Time to see this one 10 bag...

sammysilver likes this.
  2. Silver Soul

Silver Soul Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

3. BuggedOut

BuggedOut Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If you're looking for a pure silver mining play, pretty much forget it. I bought some AZS a few years back and it's a total dog stock. Most of the "Silver Miners" are really mining other stuff and silver is just a by-product of their other operations.

If it's leveraged exposure to Silver you are after then maybe you want options or warrants on the commodity instead.

SilverHaas likes this.
  4. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

"SVL as best of breed silver play on ASX will race away - has already started - and 'latecomers' will start looking around the ASX for the cheapest decent scale silver exposures

among the tiddlers PMY has more silver and better overall project economics than say IVR.

But IVR is thought of as a 'silver' play. PMY as 'lead'." (gold bear - hotcopper)

Nice right up, the 1 stock with exposure to silver and of particularl interest to me is PMY (Pacifico Minerals) and its Sorby Hills Lead Zinc Silver Tenements.

I have been saying this is a short term 10 bagger and i am not the only one:

45Moz silver resource
    Pacifico has better silver grades with a cheaper ASIC than the pure silver plays
    Short term catalysts with drill results and PFS coming soon, project funding and offtakes, the commodities prices are booming, Sorby is fully permitted Easy transport route to a close port (150km)...
    Crazy low 14m market cap
    1/2 Billion + EV,
    Simon Noon as leader who has 20 bagged his previous company groote resources :)
    Volume picking up the last week
    Very savvy investors and board make up the Top 20!!!!!
    Cashed up

(Verily 1 on Hotcopper says:)

More than 10X (TEN Times) Current Share Price

Every which way you cut it, at the current share price, Pacifico represents outstanding value. With estimated valuations on its key development project Sorby Hills heavily discounted these still represent more than 10x (TEN Times) the current share price.

Yet everyday that Sorby Hills has been owned by Pacifico (less than 2 years), the work done has reduced project risk - lots more drilling, updated MRE's with material reserve upgrades each time, metallurgical test work improving recovery and quality, EPA approval extension, work done on Optimised PFS as outlined in the April update (lots of boxes ticked...).

And in the next month and following another updated MRE, release of the Optimised PFS itself and potential off-take agreements and funding progress (including as Euroz suggested in this weeks Quick Comment potential funding through the Northern Australia Infrastructure Fund (NAIF)).

At half a cent, might be a good buy at the moment :)

5. Grizzly

Grizzly Active Member

MYL https://myanmarmetals.com.au/ has been good to me so far. Starting to get some attention so price creeping up. One of the regular posters on HotCopper has been to the site a few times, owns a big chunk of shares, and posts really good information. I took a small position as it is high risk, but put into the bottom drawer of my self managed super for the day it becomes a mine.

6. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Here s a cheap one - saw this in today's AFR.
    Anyone up for 20Moz?
    Just have to dig it yourself.:p

IMG_3314.jpg

Ag bullet, ozcopper and 1for1 like this.
  7. Slimey

Slimey Well-Known Member

Dig a tonne of rock and get about $40. wow

STKR likes this.
  8. STKR

STKR Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

What's also interesting is the estimates of 20.3M Oz's of resource with a forecast production of only 6.3Moz-8.4Moz over 7 years. Even at 10 years it's only 9M-12M Oz's Estimated. It reveals the loss of resource between extraction and refining.

Ag bullet likes this.
  9. Slimey

Slimey Well-Known Member

Don't forget to add in the cost of site rehabilitation.

10. scott_reeve

scott_reeve Active Member

There are multiple threads on 'the next best silver' company on the ASX. A lot of the points get repeated. Here is >one such thread<.

There really has been no good long-term silver companies on the ASX for well over a decade. Instead the common themes are: bad management, endless capital raising, dilution of shares, broken promises, management blaming everything but themselves etc.

A multi-million ounce silver resource in the ground means nothing if it will never be mined.

Those few silver-focused deposits that have gone into production in Australia over the last 10+ years have all gone into administration (some on many occasions).

The Twin Hills silver mine mentioned above has had many owners - all have lost their money. From memory, there was Macmin Silver (administration), Alcyone Resources (administration), now Moreton Resources (administration) (formerly Cougar Resources which had a major under-ground coal gasification disaster in Qld). Google for all the problems with this silver project. These things are not straight forward to earn X ounces in year X for X amount of profit.

The well-known quote about owning an airline which equally applies to trying to win-big on silver stocks:
    "If you want to be a Millionaire, start with a billion dollars and launch a new airline."

Ag bullet, wrcmad and Ivykoin like this.
  11. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

ARD with new management is getting a lot of attention now. I guess there are still a lot of burned ex-holders. I’m giving it a punt they are drilling right now

wrcmad likes this.
  12. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

13. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Just a reminder that silver stocks are likely to 10 bag here if silver goes to $50 and stays there.

Any silver vessel should enjoy upside including South 32 .

Even IVR, SVL and ARD have a chance to mine if silver can sustain over $30 .. MYL is in Myanmar which is a big downside and just an explorer but could happen with the right financer if the silver price can sustain to tempt $$$ spend. IVR my pick from these.

PMY (Pacifico Minerals) is in WA, has the licence and port proximity, the relaitionship with the end user.. is feabisble as a zinc lead mine but has more silver closer to ground than many of the pure silver plays.. so for the low MC... Pacifico has the majority of my ASX silver spend as its the most likely to mine in the next 20 months and most profitable by far in the best area with the most advanced project and ties to likely financing and offtake agreements.

Do you own research but in this environment id say stocks will have huge upside even juniors and explorers.

14. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

15. Ag bullet

Ag bullet Well-Known Member

The difference is likely in the dirt underneath the liners under the Leach heaps. Almost certainly concentrated near the holes in the liner. That's where the 'ultra super high grade' is. ;)

STKR likes this.
  16. Ag bullet

Wouldn't surprise me if Moreton never knew about it.

17. STKR

STKR Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Very interesting. I've seen a few leaching methods used. Many use tanks, with different variations e.g the foaming method using chemicals and air bubbles to get the metals to raise to the surface, some use leach heaps with liners. I was doing some further research on recovery rates the other day. Appears the average recovery rate is 85%.

18. Ag bullet

tank leaching is common for gold as tonnes of ore processed is much higher. the problem with heap leaching is that the heaps only ever get bigger. there is no way to get rid of fully leached ore out of the way to make room for fresh ore.
    the other problem is that cyanide solution leaches down through the heap and takes the path of least resistance to the liner. once it finds an easy path it tends to flow that way and leaves pockets of unleached ore.

that's when you go in with a drill rig to grid drill the heaps to create new channels for the leach solution and puncture the liner without knowing. ha ha ha.

one day some exploration company will come along and discover super high grade dirt under the leach pads and think, "idiots, they built the leach pads right on the highest grade ore........oh wait a minute................."

STKR likes this.
  19. Slimey

Slimey Well-Known Member

Well freak me out......I am almost back to scratch on SVL.....just getting your money back on a silver stock is a real win.

20. BiGs

BiGs Active Member

Very rarely is a mine only or even predominantly silver. Silver is a by product for mines. This is mostly why silver price is much more volatile, as supply is farely fixed. You should look at gold mine stocks, they will get the fomo stock buying. In the 2011 runup us gold stocks increased 1700% across the sector while gold barely doubled.

wrcmad and 1for1 like this.