Wanted : PERTH MINT 2017 YEAR OF THE ROOSTER 1KG SILVER COIN

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand (Public)' started by mel1092, Apr 26, 2020.

1. mel1092

mel1092 Member

Looking for a 2017 year of rooster 1kg coin. I will pay $1000 cash. Not interested in paying big premiums for $800 worth of silver. I know this ad will turn a lot of people off so its mainly for someone who wants the cash fast and wants to get rid of their coin. I know that the cash city in Perth is selling one for $1950. I offered him $1000 but he still wouldn't accept the offer even though the coin has been sitting there for 2 yrs and they most likely bought it for $500 for it. A lot of people here have told me in the past that no one wants to pay these big premiums on coins and I guess now I'm kinda the same .just don't think the finish on this coin is worth $1000.

Attached Files:

2. sammy

sammy Active Member Silver Stacker

Do you want the colored coin or the bullion one?

3. mel1092

mel1092 Member

Hey Sammy I’m after the coloured one I think it’s called (gemstone).

4. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There was only 500 made with gemstone, and they were $1999 direct from Perth Mint

https://www.perthmint.com/australia...ster-2017-1-kilo-silver-gemstone-edition.aspx

Good luck finding one for 1k. Probably not the sort of item to be chasing if you're someone who "isn't interested in paying big premiums on $800 of silver" because this is the exact type of coin which is completely opposite to that

Groges, SilvaMozzie, Horrie and 3 others like this.
  5. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There's bullion - cheapest and if a bit lucky you may get one for 1k
    there's proof - you are highly unlikely to get one for $1k
    then there's coloured - you can bet you wont get one for 1k
    and above that there's gemstone - you have a better chance of catching a falling bull in a thimble than you have of getting one for 1k

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  6. mel1092

mel1092 Member

I j
    I just threw the offer out there in case there was someone who did want fast cash. I know a lot of collectors who won’t pay the crazy premiums. even shadow stacker who is worth hundreds of thousands said he won’t pay the premiums anymore either .its just not worth it for what they are charging.

the other thing is I don’t think it will be that hard to be honest because a coin is only worth what collectors are willing to pay and if shadow stacker struggled to get rid of his standard lunar coins i don’t think there would be many people lining up to pay 2k on a $800 coin . But that’s just my opinion each to their own I guess.

clear likes this.
  7. clear

clear Well-Known Member

^ Brilliantly said,

mel1092 and TasAg like this.
  8. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Oh I agree, I don't see the benefit in paying 2k for a coin with $800 worth of metal in it either, but you have to also think that whoever is buying these types of coins - they're not going to sell them at massive losses either

The low mintage/sales numbers is proof enough that the demand isn't high, so you have to think the people that actually collect these coins (or similar) are not exactly the sort of people who would ever be in need of a quick 1k in cash

1for1, sellmeyourbullion and Horrie like this.
  9. mel1092

mel1092 Member

Thanks it’s just the truth hey these premiums are getting so absurd these days . I feel like Perth mint makes low mintages in purpose just to push the prices through the roof.

10. mel1092

mel1092 Member

Yeh your probably right .