Has anyone on SS backed up the truck?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by STKR, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Mintaka

Mintaka Active Member

I just woke up. ColdAF here. Lit fire. Wtaf is happening to Crude? Does this mean petrol prices will fall? Perhaps the servos will PAY us to fill up.

2. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

No, petrol price won't fall much because unlike oil fields, refiners don't need to produce petrol. What this means is refiners like Exxon, Shell, BP wlll buy free oil and sell to you at insane profit.

Next will be brent oil fall to zero!

3. Arch

Arch New Member

yes was able to get 500 X 1oz Silver Coins from my dealer, nice fresh 2020's.
    And able to get my hands on 30 kgs of Perth Mint Silver So i am done for now.
    My dealer in Adelaide has plenty of kilos still. Only item I have ever had to wait for was my Kangaroo coins which were 3 week to get.

Hopefully supply starts clearing up now

alor, sgbuyer and Holdfast like this.
  4. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

3175.hk 3097.hk USO DBO

sgbuyer likes this.
  5. SlyGuy

SlyGuy Active Member

I agree fully... this is not the time to buy PMs (for me anyways). With premiums, it is actually horrendous. It is a time to hold or to sell if fair prices can be received. If you buy, you are currently buying an upward price swing and paying 25% or more in premiums to do it... which, even though spot looks low, makes for the highest silver prices of the past 5-10 years effectively. Why not buy PMs in regular times, buy the dips in spot, and buy with 5-10% gold premiums and 10-20% silver premiums?

There are all kinds of buys in the stock equity markets that will double your $ a lot quicker. I have effectively backed the truck up a bit on those lately. I know PM buyers are mistrustful of "paper markets," but any wealth spends the same to me. I will not exclude any reasonable investment option. I sold a lot of GLD (my way of having money in the accounts as a slow creep "savings") to now get panic-demic crash index funds and crushed prices for good dividend companies like MMM or FUN or XOM or MPC, Google, etc at huge discounts. I'm already up 10 or 20% on most of them in a month, or even a week sometimes... plus the dividends they will pay.

Sure, I will go back to buying physical gold and GLD when the stock markets normalizes... for now, lots of volatility and too many good deals to be had. You have to buy where the sales are. I will buy a rental house at the end of the summer if those are at rock bottom prices too. JMO

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    sgbuyer likes this.
  6. alor

[​IMG]

Silverling likes this.
  7. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Perhaps home heating with Oil will make a comeback!

:D

Mintaka likes this.
  8. alor

make your own stack in Florida
    [​IMG]

9. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

I don't see much reason to pay more for silver let alone gold.
    Somewhere in september 2018 I purchased a 500box philharmonikers for 7095 euro. Same store prices it now 10673 euro.
    That's 50% more expensive.
    While my bread still costs the same as then (and 10 years ago).
    Cheese very recently got more expensive, package from 1.99 > 2.23, +12%. But the store was long time cheaper than others so not that unexpected. 3 years ago price went to 2.09 but only lasted 1 month, then back.
    So no I didn't back up the truck. I did check after 2020's biggest price drop but there was none for sale and I never saw that 2018 price or lower listed, I remember a 7500 euro as lowest seen then.
    The need for a truck drops with higher prices. :p

Holdfast likes this.
  10. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

No it means that the storage cost is more than the profit that the future month price had planned.

Mintaka likes this.